Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 22, 2018
Purchase links: Powerhouse Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 10,000 - Special Offer: £58.50 Halloween Bundle if you order direct from Powerhouse Films includes Night of the Demon and William Castle Collection

81OuOMCT+SL._SX385_.jpg

IMG_20180810_035806.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: EvilThing
INDICATOR LIMITED 2-DISC BLU-RAY EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• The BFI’s 2013 2K restoration of the 96-minute version
• High-definition remaster of the 82-minute cut
• Original mono audio
• Four presentations of the film: Night of the Demon – the original full-length pre-release version (96 mins), and the original UK theatrical cut (82 minutes); Curse of the Demon – the original US theatrical cut (82 mins), and the US re-issue version (96 mins)
• Audio commentary with film historian Tony Earnshaw, author of Beating the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’
Speak of the Devil: The Making of ‘Night of the Demon’ (2007): documentary featuring interviews with actor Peggy Cummins, production designer Ken Adam and historians Tony Earnshaw and Jonathan Rigby
Dana Andrews on 'Night of the Demon': a rare audio interview with the actor conducted by Scott MacQueen
The Devil’s in the Detail (2018): Christopher Frayling on Night of the Demon and acclaimed production designer Ken Adam
Horrors Unseen (2018): a discussion of the celebrated director of Night of the Demon by Chris Fujiwara, author of Jacques Tourneur: The Cinema of Nightfall
Sinister Signs (2018): an analysis by Kim Newman, author of Nightmare Movies
Under the Spell (2018): the celebrated British horror writer Ramsey Campbell discusses the unique combination of M R James and Jacques Tourneur
The Devil in Music (2018): a new appreciation of Clifton Parker's score by David Huckvale, author of Movie Magick: The Occult in Film
The Devil Gets His Due (2018): film historian and preservationist Scott MacQueen on the release history of Night of the Demon
The Truth of Alchemy (2018) a discussion of M R James and ‘Casting the Runes’ by Roger Clarke, author of A Natural History of Ghosts: 500 Years of Hunting for Proof
Cloven In Two (2018): a new video piece exploring the different versions of the film
Escape: 'Casting the Runes' (1947): a radio play adaptation of James’ original story
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated music & effects track on the US theatrical cut
• Original US Curse of the Demon theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography, including rare production design sketches from the Deutsche Kinemathek’s Ken Adam Archive
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited Edition exclusive 80-page book containing a new essay by Kat Ellinger, M R James on ghost stories, a history of the film’s production through the words of its principle creators, a profile of witchcraft consultant Margaret Murray, the film’s history with the BBFC, a look at the different versions of the film, contemporary critical responses, a look at Charles Bennett’s original scripted ending, and film credits
• Limited Edition exclusive double-sided poster
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 6,000 copies
• ...AND MORE!
• All extras subject to change

048_NIGHT_OF_THE_DEMON_slipcase_NUDE_3D_RGB_1000px_transp.png 048_NIGHT_OF_THE_DEMON_BD_3D_packshot_72dpi_1000px_transp.png 048_NIGHT_OF_THE_DEMON_alt_CURSE_3D_RGB_1000px_transp.png 048_NotD_BOOK_3D.png

• Thanks
Reactions: snow flake
Amazon price will drop before release date

Amazon will match Hmv price
Amazon price I expect will be £20.99 to £21.99

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegano
I've been waiting so long for this. I even emailed Arrow a while back trying to talk them into doing a steel of this but they couldn't as they didn't have the rights.

This is one of my favourite films of all time and being a big Kate Bush fan this even influenced her. If you haven't seen it, you really should but bear in mind it's over 60 years old.

The Zavvi dilemma for outside UK customers not being able to order NotD or the Castle box set has now been rectified, (we can thank @paulboland and a few others!).
Ordered NotD from both Amazon.uk and Zavvi. Not taking a chance on a stock error mess up making me miss this one! ;)
I have a hunch it's gonna sell out.

Reactions: paulboland