Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (SHOUT Exclusive Limited Edition) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
**LIMITED TO 10,000 COPIES; FIRST 1000 SOLD WILL INCLUDE A 18X24" POSTER FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK**

RELEASE DATE: Oct. 28, 2014
PRICE: $79.97 (currently $55.98 at Amazon.com)
ORDER: Scream Factory & Amazon.com

Nightbreed.jpg

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, been waiting for this cut. But the price is hilarious! For that price I'd want it signed by Barker lol

There's a regular version coming for the usual $25-$30, but this is the only edition that'll include this artwork plus the third disc and the collector's book. I agree, though... a signature from Barker would make the price a lot less cringeworthy.

Reactions: psychoscot
Yeah he's just tweeted the art for both. Nice but way too pricey, the standard slip isn't bad either.

May wait for a UK edition as there's a call for it here after all the sold out screenings :D

Last edited:
There's a regular version coming for the usual $25-$30, but this is the only edition that'll include this artwork plus the third disc and the collector's book. I agree, though... a signature from Barker would make the price a lot less cringeworthy.

The theatrical version is exclusive to this edition as well, apparently Warner would only agree to it's inclusion if it was released in limited numbers and region locked. The 2 disc standard edition is the directors cut on BD and DVD.

Also the first 1000 copies will come with an exclusive poster. Tempted to ask for a gb while the poster is still available, but it's a lot to pay for something I won't be able to watch if all the discs are region locked.

The price is high for the limited edition, but as Shout have said to get Warner to agree to letting Shout/Scream release the theatrical cut was expensive, as was the restoration work for the directors cut. The LE is the only way to get the theatrical cut on BD as well as the extra bonus disc. The standard one just includes the DC and a DVD of the DC

It's gonna be expensive, but I'm gonna have to get the LE!

Think I will wait for the regular version or the UK release when it comes. $80? Buwahaha!

well guess we will need a group buy for this has they don't ship internationally

I know the price is a little high but for this film its worth it and we finally get the DC

The problem with that is that there's a max order quantity of only 2 per customer.

damn yea just saw that guess they wont make an exception for a ninja:ohno:
If not it will be off to ebay I go, really hate to think of the price there

Unless Amazon gets it, Its a bit strange that they say the 3-disc edition is limited to 5000 but the first 1000 will come with a poster if bought at shout factory I may be reading too much into this but it sounds like other retailers will get this.

i guess the listing will be up at amazon.com soon.
only the first 1000 copies are sold exclusively from SF with the poster, and they will be shipped out 2 weeks before official release date. but other retailers will have this as well, i'm sure.

Reactions: PoisonClan
Amazon.com will list it, it all depends on whether you want the extra poster or not as that'll be via Shout only

i guess the listing will be up at amazon.com soon.
only the first 1000 copies are sold exclusively from SF with the poster, and they will be shipped out 2 weeks before official release date. but other retailers will have this as well, i'm sure.

I thought so Thanks guys:LOL:

Cannot wait to see this I have been waiting for nearly 12 years since I discovered there was a DC of this film and to top it off it will be on Blu Ray for the 1st time :oohyeah: also very interested in the bonus features glad this gets a worthy release at last.
Also this may very well be the only release we ever get of this.
I don't think the UK even had a DVD release for this film so I wouldn't hold my breath for a UK release of the Blu Ray.

Reactions: cooey