[NINJA WEEK 2013 GIVEAWAY] Are remakes getting Old? [WINNER CHOSEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Special Projects
Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
Well speaking of Old and remakes. Seems that Oldboy is getting the Hollywood treatment. And as luck would have it, we have a copy of Oldboy steelbook up for grabs.
I don't recommend waiting around for 15 years, as this giveaway will close tomorrow at 4PM and winner will be chosen by random.org

So How do you enter? If you have seen the film, what part from the original film do you hope they recreate in the remake? (please use spoilers). For those of you that have not seen the film yet. Are you waiting for the Hollywood version and what excites you about it?

1. ocielz
2. Necroscope
3. stinkofdefeat
4. Illiciter
5. Horhay
6. PunkNinja
7. Kuzco
8. sproutyrouty
9. Researcher
10. BigBlizz
11. bigrob
12. Flip
13. SimonLDT
14. adrenaline78
15. glaucoheitor
16. Colombianlove41
17. Twanky
18. Lucky101
19. unam9

Last edited:
Nothing is sacred to Hollywood anymore. Ideas are getting so beat, they'll remake the godfather if it'll make a buck.

I haven't seen this film so can't really comment on it, I will say that remakes are annoying however they can be good if done right. Dredd comes to mind (I haven't seen it yet either but hear so many good things about it).

ive only seen the film once a long time ago but i agree with stinkofdefeat

Don't really care for remakes.....it just proves that Hollywood is getting lazy and has run out of ideas.

But, I have been wanting the steelbook so I can finally watch the original movie.

I may be one of the few that does enjoy remakes. Maybe because in my mind I already know its not going to be as good as the original so I do not really compare them and just enjoy the new technology on it. I really hope they do a good job with special effects on it.

This is now closed, back shortly with the winner.

and the winner is

attachment.php

Congrats to 17. Twanky

Attachments

• Oldboy.jpg
    Oldboy.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Reactions: Twanky
I havent seen it yet, but plan to see it on a week for just asian classic movie-watching...tho a remake would be good if they can keep up with the excitement of the original as i have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.