Nintendo Amiibo's

Apr 2, 2014
Evening all;
Not one to post on the video game forums (actually the first time i've even browsed through it...Normally post on the steelbooks section of the forums)

Is anyone else here looking to get the Amiibo series Nintendo are putting out?? As far as i'm aware, they're initally releasing 12 characters at around £10.99 each. Know i'm a sucker for these things so i'll probably snap up most, if not all, on release date (despite the fact they'll be so limited in usage)

Also, have a quick question- I want to keep the boxes but still use the figurines- Is there any fool proof way of opening these up without damaging the packaging? Think they're packaged similar to the Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines, so just a quick heads up on a easy way on accomplishing this from anyone who owns any of these figures would be appreciated. Cheers!!

Attachments

• Amiibo-Logo.jpg
    Amiibo-Logo.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
Just announced Wave 2 for December
Got both waves on pre order (ordered wave 1 on Amazon for £10 each, bar one or two figures at £10.50, and wave 2 on shopto.net at £10.85 each) but might cancel a few figurines until just after Christmas. Bit of a hit to take this side of December 25th, but obviously just before Christmas is the ideal time for Nintendo to be releasing these.
Not all too fussed regarding in game functionality, just think they look cool as collectibles- Ideally, there will be ways of being able to use these in-game without opening the packaging, but i'm guessing this won't be an option.

Anyone else trying to find these? Wave 2 hit... Kind of. Most are going to scalpers unfortunately. Some have skyrocketed to $50 on eBay!

Ugh. Ridiculous. I cancelled my pre orders (December was a tight month...) but managed to get the three rare wave 1 figures (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth) and grabbed Diddy Kong in wave 2 (thought he might go the same way as the rarer figures)

I can't believe this! I wanted the Villager in the worst way because I LOVE Animal Crossing. Couldn't find any in my city and now they're apparently going for an insane amount online. Same with Diddy Kong.

This is gonna be annoying. I don't want to collect them all, just my favourites. :(

@tridon I just ordered on Amazon France, says it will be 2-4 weeks, it might be sold out, but it was worth a try. Just go to the other sellers section, and there is an amazon listing there for the regular price :)

Reactions: tridon
Heard about these on yesterday Direct- Did you hear the news about the 6 figure Mario wave they're releasing to be used with Mario Party?? Not sure whether or not I'll pick these up, but seeing as I collect these as a purely aesthetic/collectable purpose I may well do...

@Andycadle84 Ya I seen that on Nintendo Direct too, they are looking cool too. I was just collecting them to display, but yesterday after Nintendo Direct I ordered that new 3ds, the Majora's Mask version was too nice to pass up :)
image2-700x329.jpg

Reactions: Andycadle84
@Andycadle84 Ya I seen that on Nintendo Direct too, they are looking cool too. I was just collecting them to display, but yesterday after Nintendo Direct I ordered that new 3ds, the Majora's Mask version was too nice to pass up :)
image2-700x329.jpg
Love the look of the MM 3DSXL- Question; Are you based in the UK? If so, where did you pre order it? Can't find it live for order anywhere yet; Also, don't want to miss the pre orders of the Amiibos as know how quick they go too...

@Andycadle84 I am in Canada, I got mine from Amazon Canada(but its sold out now), I know it is sold out at EB Games as well in Canada. And GameStop in the USA, but as for Europe I don't think it has gone live yet. I am gonna keep an eye open for preorders for the amiibo's they do go crazy fast now.

@Andycadle84 I am in Canada, I got mine from Amazon Canada(but its sold out now), I know it is sold out at EB Games as well in Canada. And GameStop in the USA, but as for Europe I don't think it has gone live yet. I am gonna keep an eye open for preorders for the amiibo's they do go crazy fast now.
Don't think anyone could of quite predicted the popularity of these things- I'm only Pikachu/Peach light of the full collection at present and as these are more common figurines I'll pick them up hassle free in due time. Got wave 2/3 in the UK ordered in good time thankfully before they sold out- think we're blessed with no store exclusive Amiibos...

Have they only just gone up for pre order on those sites?? Only reason I'm asking is because I got the pre orders in on Amazon UK December 11th..Still keeping an eye open for the wave 4 Amiibos to go live, they don't stay in stock for long!!
Bit gutted I missed out on the MM 3DS XL, although to be honest as much as I want one (& I really do!!) I don't think I can stretch my budget that far for something I'll ultimately not use much (all of my spare time at present seems to be used on studying, yawn..!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 114
@tridon Just ordered Wii Trainer, The Villager, and Marth through Amazon Germany, if you were looking for them?
Only just noticed this comment!! As far as I'm aware, some of thr Amiibos aren't going to actually be as rare as some have made out- I might be wrong, but did hear somewhere that the Marth figure will be back in stock when the new Fire Emblem game comes out for instance..
Thanks for the heads up too, although Wii Fit Trainer and Marth were actually the first two Amiibos I owned! Was going to start collecting after Christmas when I had more funds, but when I heard the situation regarding them being rare at the time I had a mad panic to grab them and managed to find them online at retail price so I was relieved to say the least...

@Andycadle84 Ya Marth is back in stock on Amazon Germany. I just preordered from Germany, cause I really don't wanna have to run around like a mad man to 4-5 different stores here in Canada. For a few more dollars they will be shipped right to my house no problems :) I think that's the first time Shulk & Meta Knight were online in Germany and France. I am so lucky I got a 3ds, they went so fast, woke up today to see that they were sold out in the UK, maybe be more the day it releases??