Nintendo Amiibo's

Apr 2, 2014
Evening all;
Not one to post on the video game forums (actually the first time i've even browsed through it...Normally post on the steelbooks section of the forums)

Is anyone else here looking to get the Amiibo series Nintendo are putting out?? As far as i'm aware, they're initally releasing 12 characters at around £10.99 each. Know i'm a sucker for these things so i'll probably snap up most, if not all, on release date (despite the fact they'll be so limited in usage)

Also, have a quick question- I want to keep the boxes but still use the figurines- Is there any fool proof way of opening these up without damaging the packaging? Think they're packaged similar to the Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines, so just a quick heads up on a easy way on accomplishing this from anyone who owns any of these figures would be appreciated. Cheers!!

Attachments

• Amiibo-Logo.jpg
    Amiibo-Logo.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
@Andycadle84 I will try to post here more, totally slipped my mind. I had to go into EB Games today and grab my preorder for the Splatoon amiibo 3 pack. I am keeping an eye out for those Yoshi one's they look pretty cool. What are you thinking about getting?
Cheers- Unfortunately, don't think we can help one another- I'm across the Atlantic, in the UK!! Thanks for the thought regardless.

Managed to pre order the Inkling Amiibo/Splatoon combo pack from Nintendo UK's online store, and using a different site (www.shopto.net) I've managed to order the male/female characters separately.

Also, for those residing on these shores- ShopTo also has the next wave of Amiibo's up for preorder (to my knowledge, this is the only site where you can pre order these at present) Managed to get Palutena, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus and Dark Pit pre ordered yesterday...

I dont understand how we have a funko section on this website but not an amiibo one
I'm guessing cause not many folks talk about them here? last post before yours was 3 years ago. i knew they were once very popular but that was a couple years ago since i was last in tune. They are still popular?

I'm guessing cause not many folks talk about them here? last post before yours was 3 years ago. i knew they were once very popular but that was a couple years ago since i was last in tune. They are still popular?
Yes quite. The only toys for life that are still going and considering funko went into administration and has a section, I was just shocked to see amiibo don't.

Yes quite. The only toys for life that are still going and considering funko went into administration and has a section, I was just shocked to see amiibo don't.
These were basically Nintendo’s version of Disney Infinity (which had great figures also....better figures than gameplay), which were in tern a Disney version of Skylanders.
Even Lego got in on these real figure / digital character phase a few years back,

But since when are Funko dying? They are massive and always pumping out figs

These were basically Nintendo’s version of Disney Infinity (which had great figures also....better figures than gameplay), which were in tern a Disney version of Skylanders.
Even Lego got in on these real figure / digital character phase a few years back,

But since when are Funko dying? They are massive and always pumping out figs
They aren't dying... They are making a loss and there are worries around them, it was in the financial news few weeks ago.
I know skylanders and Disney infinity figures and all have been stopped being manufactured. Amiibo were the first to the game and are still very much alive especially due to compatibility with the switch, which has been a huge success