Nintendo Amiibo's

Apr 2, 2014
Evening all;
Not one to post on the video game forums (actually the first time i've even browsed through it...Normally post on the steelbooks section of the forums)

Is anyone else here looking to get the Amiibo series Nintendo are putting out?? As far as i'm aware, they're initally releasing 12 characters at around £10.99 each. Know i'm a sucker for these things so i'll probably snap up most, if not all, on release date (despite the fact they'll be so limited in usage)

Also, have a quick question- I want to keep the boxes but still use the figurines- Is there any fool proof way of opening these up without damaging the packaging? Think they're packaged similar to the Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines, so just a quick heads up on a easy way on accomplishing this from anyone who owns any of these figures would be appreciated. Cheers!!

Attachments

• Amiibo-Logo.jpg
    Amiibo-Logo.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited by a moderator:
Made a wave 2/3 order from Toysrus back in December and the only ones I've gotten so far are Pit and Captain Falcon. Seems like the rest are "On hold until release date" on 2/24 which seems like an arbitrary date since wave 3 has released already. Seems like the US shortage is still going strong.

Ah, dang. Still waiting for the Wario/Charizard/Pac-Man/Lucina/Robin/Ness wave to go live in the UK- There's already a debacle on these, where all the figures bar Wario and Charizard are showing sold out- Another two online retailers (Game, and ShopTo.net) are showing the same wave up for pre order, but all figures (bar Wario and Charizard) are sold out, which is bizarre to say the least.
On top of that, Amazon.co.uk hasn't listed any of these up for pre order at all yet, to add further confusion to the mix, seeing as Amazon are usually really on the ball and get their products online early.
Grand level of an f up by Nintendo on this!!

The Mario Party line is already selling out across the US (and most likely Canada). Seriously, Nintendo needs to up their distribution on these. It's rather ridiculous that scalpers are clearing out places in less than 24 hours.

Ah, dang. Still waiting for the Wario/Charizard/Pac-Man/Lucina/Robin/Ness wave to go live in the UK- There's already a debacle on these, where all the figures bar Wario and Charizard are showing sold out- Another two online retailers (Game, and ShopTo.net) are showing the same wave up for pre order, but all figures (bar Wario and Charizard) are sold out, which is bizarre to say the least.
On top of that, Amazon.co.uk hasn't listed any of these up for pre order at all yet, to add further confusion to the mix, seeing as Amazon are usually really on the ball and get their products online early.
Grand level of an f up by Nintendo on this!!

none of wave 4 has gone live for preorders in the US either. I almost want to think this somewhat of a controlled shortage by Nintendo in an attempt to increase demand/hype. If so it has worked. Nintendo is pretty new to toy/figure manufacturing though so that could be another legitimate reason why demand is exceeding supply.

I havent bothered to get any Amiibos as its something I kinda want to stay away from, some of the figures look pretty bad (like Link and his pillar of pee). That being said, the Shulk Amiibo was tempting as I am getting Xenoblade 3DS when it comes out...until i saw Shulk is sold out pretty much everywhere lol

I pre-ordered the Charizard Amiibo, because it looked kinda neat and I want to try Amiibo(s) on my new 3DS

Did anyone snag an extra Meta Knight today?
I wish...Pre ordered mine on December 11th, yet got an email from Amazon UK yesterday stating that due to shortages, they would be unable to fulfill my order.
Peeved isn't the word- That's King Dedede, Meta Knight and Shulk all missed out on. Strangely enough though, they said they were expecting more stock in come June time??
This Amiibo debacle gets more infuriating per wave released...

Got 2 calls yesterday from GameStop about Ike and King Dedede being delayed to this spring and summer. Was at Best Buy this morning for the release of Meta Knight (and any other new Amiibo). Left entirely empty handed.

There seems
Got 2 calls yesterday from GameStop about Ike and King Dedede being delayed to this spring and summer. Was at Best Buy this morning for the release of Meta Knight (and any other new Amiibo). Left entirely empty handed.
There seems to be Sonic and Mega Man amiibos in good supply everywhere (well, at least here in the UK), but why they make these things just so limited is beyond me- Wish to hell some places would limit pre orders to one figure per customer, might stop some of the rip off merchants on eBay...

I had hoop dreams of collecting all of these, but have pretty much given up now. When the third wave came out, I had the day off and hit the stores bright and early. They were already sold out and I saw people buying entire boxes of the already limited stock. Considering how well they're doing, Nintendo really need to increase the numbers of these. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Andycadle84
I had hoop dreams of collecting all of these, but have pretty much given up now. When the third wave came out, I had the day off and hit the stores bright and early. They were already sold out and I saw people buying entire boxes of the already limited stock. Considering how well they're doing, Nintendo really need to increase the numbers of these. It's ridiculous.
Agree. What's infuriating is I now own every Amiibo bar Meta Knight, King Dedede & Shulk. What goods a collection if it's not complete???

I'm trying to the Gold Mario Amiibo but they sold out so fast :( Are more going to be in stock?
Read on another forum that they'll be restocked eventually, but not sure how much you should read into that...
We haven't had the chance to pre order these at all in the UK yet, from anywhere!
On a separate note, my Toad amiibo arrived yesterday- Awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: tridon and dipzy
What did you guys make of the Nintendo direct yesterday?? For those who didn't see it/haven't heard, Nintendo have announced 3 Yoshi amiibo's made of yarn to tie into Wooly World, and 3 Splatoon amiibo's (the male/female characters are available individually, but the squid amiibo will only be available as part of a triple pack or as a special edition that comes packaged with the game...)

If any members on here can keep an eye open and post when pre orders go live so nobody misses out, it would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• yarn_yoshi_amiibo.png
    yarn_yoshi_amiibo.png
    516.4 KB · Views: 136
  • splatoon_amiibo_0.jpg
    splatoon_amiibo_0.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
@Andycadle84 I will try to post here more, totally slipped my mind. I had to go into EB Games today and grab my preorder for the Splatoon amiibo 3 pack. I am keeping an eye out for those Yoshi one's they look pretty cool. What are you thinking about getting?