Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch - Main discussion thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
nintendoswitch.jpg

In an introductory video released today, Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:

505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Codemasters®
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Electronic Arts
Epic Games Inc.
Firelight Technologies
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation
Havok
INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Web Technology Corp
nintendoswitch2.jpg

gamer.gif

so what happened to NX?

I´m not feeling this look to much like wii U well atleast they dropped that

NX is the Switch. NX was just the code name.

Nintendo has revealed its newest home console :thumbs: @tridon @Noodles @Colombianlove41

I dig it. It's very innovative and not as gimmicky as Nintendo's previous consoles. I'm not a handheld gamer at all, so I wouldn't use that feature, but a lot of kids and people who ride public transportation will probably enjoy it. I don't know... in this day and age, phones play games. I think it's kind of risky putting of Nintendo to put their money into this.

NX is the Switch. NX was just the code name.

I dig it. It's very innovative and not as gimmicky as Nintendo's previous consoles. I'm not a handheld gamer at all, so I wouldn't use that feature, but a lot of kids and people who ride public transportation will probably enjoy it. I don't know... in this day and age, phones play games. I think it's kind of risky putting of Nintendo to put their money into this.

I like the NX as name more then switch also I´m old and old school so I would prefer an stationary concole

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Looks pretty neat! I love that we can always count on Nintendo to do something different. Doubt I'll bother picking one up though, mainly for the same reason as Ken... I'm not much of a handheld gamer anymore, so that feature will be wasted on me. Plus the PS4 is more than enough for me now as I've slowed down on my gaming and have quite a big backlog as it is. I hope it sells well enough though, because Nintendo seem to be the only one willing to take risks and not follow the usual trends like Sony and Microsoft, so I always look forward to seeing what they come up with next! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I'm actually a fan of this! I think its pretty cool. I haven't bought a nintendo console in a long time, but this might actually get me to do it.

I have a really hard time getting my wife to play any videogame that doesn't start with "Mario". So this might be a great option. Would be so fun to take with us on trips and things. I love that the sides come out and we can then play together, although i wonder how it will feel in hand using those small controllers.

Anyways I think this is a win for Nintendo.

Hopefully the games line up is good...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I think it is hilarious in the video when the guy takes it mobile and goes to park. So, in today's world, "getting outdoors" means just playing your videogame in the park?!:rofl:
That's like going on a camping trip and "roughing it" but bringing along a generator and 70" Flat screen TV!:rofl:

I think it is hilarious in the video when the guy takes it mobile and goes to park. So, in today's world, "getting outdoors" means just playing your videogame in the park?!:rofl:
That's like going on a camping trip and "roughing it" but bringing along a generator and 70" Flat screen TV!:rofl:
The same thing went through my mind when the girl was invited over to that rooftop party... bit rude that she took the console with her and had no intention of actually partying along with them. :LOL:

The same thing went through my mind when the girl was invited over to that rooftop party... bit rude that she took the console with her and had no intention of actually partying along with them. :LOL:
:LOL:
I know! Its like "how to be around people, and and still be by yourself"
Mom: Danny go outside and enjoy nature.
Danny (VR goggles on): I have been enjoying nature. I have been riding my horse around Hyrule for 5 hours.
;)