Nintendo Switch Nintendo Switch - Main discussion thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
nintendoswitch.jpg

In an introductory video released today, Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:

505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Codemasters®
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Electronic Arts
Epic Games Inc.
Firelight Technologies
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation
Havok
INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Web Technology Corp
nintendoswitch2.jpg

gamer.gif

I'm sure I will too! I've been watching some videos and the Switch looks like it's exactly what I'm after... something I can simply pick up and chill with no matter where I am in the house. I'm the same with my PS4 mate... haven't touched it in months now, and every time I think about going on it, I just can't seem to muster the energy to even bother lol. Will do anyway dude. :thumbs:
Haha yeah it’s not like it’s that hard to go on the main computer but something about picking up the switch and being playing in 30 seconds is very appealing. I know I can just have a quick blast when I feel like it. Awesome mate, I’m sure you will be impressed!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Got my Switch today (a day earlier than I was told :D) and have been hooked since it arrived! Got two games to start with... Lego City and South Park: The Fractured But Whole, which is the only one I've tried so far. The joy-cons are a little tricky to get the hang of IMO, although maybe that's just me, since I'm so used to just using the PlayStation controllers. However, for some reason, the right hand one makes my wrist ache after a while - think it might be do due to the analog stick being lower down than it is on the left one, meaning I'm having to bend my wrist more... hopefully I'll get used to it over time though. Another little issue for me... the screen is a lot smaller than I expected (the bezel thickness is ridiculous lol), and I'm blind as a bat most times, so I struggle to read some of the smaller text. All that aside, I'm really enjoying it! The console itself is really sleek and feels great in hand... navigation is smooth too, and I really like the simple UI. Looking forward to testing it out more and seeing how it holds up. :)

Reactions: Sigill
@Sigill @Robles Generally speaking, how long does your battery last? I gave mine a full charge before playing anything and it's now about half empty after around 2-3 hours of gaming... is that normal? Also, my "red" joy-con looks more like a neon pink to me... I've Googled it and all other pictures look red, so I'm a little baffled by that lol.

@Sigill @Robles Generally speaking, how long does your battery last? I gave mine a full charge before playing anything and it's now about half empty after around 2-3 hours of gaming... is that normal? Also, my "red" joy-con looks more like a neon pink to me... I've Googled it and all other pictures look red, so I'm a little baffled by that lol.
My boy uses his more then my daughter does and id say he normally gets a few good hours out of it before needing to charge again.

The red joycon it quite a vibrant red mate and shouldnt like pink, they do a neon pink joy con by the way.

• Thanks
The red should be like this mate.

Attachments

• IMG_3366.PNG
    IMG_3366.PNG
    469.1 KB · Views: 190
My boy uses his more then my daughter does and id say he normally gets a few good hours out of it before needing to charge again.

The red joycon it quite a vibrant red mate and shouldnt like pink, they do a neon pink joy con by the way.
The red should be like this mate.
Ah, that's good to know then! I'm expecting to get at least another hour or two out of mine before it goes completely dead, so that's around 4-5 hours altogether, which is normal by the sounds of it. :)

I have seen the green+pink combo they do, but all the pictures seem to show a different shade - I guess it depends on the lighting when the photo is taken... same goes for the red maybe? Even my blue joy-con is a different/brighter shade to yours lol.

I can't seem to take a decent photo of mine at the moment, but this one is more or less the same colour as mine...

s-l300.jpg

Yeah 4-5 hours id say is normal mate :thumbs:

Thats a red one you have then mate :thumbs: as the pink is quite pink:rofl:

• Thanks
Sorry for the late reply mate, I only just saw the post now and it didn’t tag me! How are you enjoying it now mate, my hands didn’t ache but I must admit when I first got it the whole switch did seem huge! It was wider than I thought it would be.
I thunk it depends on the game mate. Some games are worse than others. Fifa seems to drain the battery pretty quickly and I know Zelda does. Lego City seemed to eat it up aswell. I would say 3 hours but sometimes it can even be under that. A bit more battery life wouldn’t have gone amiss but I can live with it.:)

I think my joy con looks a bit pinker than yours. It may just be the different pics that make it look darker/ lighter though.

Sorry for the late reply mate, I only just saw the post now and it didn’t tag me! How are you enjoying it now mate, my hands didn’t ache but I must admit when I first got it the whole switch did seem huge! It was wider than I thought it would be.
I thunk it depends on the game mate. Some games are worse than others. Fifa seems to drain the battery pretty quickly and I know Zelda does. Lego City seemed to eat it up aswell. I would say 3 hours but sometimes it can even be under that. A bit more battery life wouldn’t have gone amiss but I can live with it.:)

I think my joy con looks a bit pinker than yours. It may just be the different pics that make it look darker/ lighter though.
No worries mate... I'd completely forgotten about this anyway lol.

I think my hands must've gotten used to holding the console now, because thankfully they no longer ache. I still don't really like how the analogue sticks aren't in the same position though (one higher than the other)... it'd make it that little bit more comfortable and easy to use if they were IMO, but that's just a minor complaint.

As for the colour... I've since asked family members what colour they see and they ALL said red, so maybe I'm just colourblind lol. I've also noticed that with the battery... some games definitely drain it a lot more than others. It's probably a good thing that it mostly only lasts a couple of hours though, otherwise I'd be on it all day. :p

• Haha