No Time to Die (Bond 25) - In theaters October 08, 2021

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 5 Votes
Title: No time to die (Bond 25)

Tagline: Where nothing can possibly go wrong!

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller

Director: Cary Joji Fukunaga

Cast: Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Ana de Armas, Léa Seydoux, Jeffrey Wright, Christoph Waltz, and more...

Release: 2020-04-08

Plot: Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
Wow... this is crazy... And I already have tickets!
I'm going to need a refund...

"No Time to Die was just pushed back to November 12, 2020 in the U.K. and November 25th in North America due to coronavirus concerns."

Nuts ... after a rather quiet month of releases was looking forward to seeing this :meh:

Me too. But I guess it wasn't worth the risk for Universal to have empty theaters because people we're too afraid to be in public places.

What makes me nervous is the domino effect this could have on a lot of the other Big Releases coming out soon. Do other movies follow suit?
F9? Black Widow? even Mulan (although that might be too close to release to pull it now).

Reactions: vexred
Me too. But I guess it wasn't worth the risk for Universal to have empty theaters because people we're too afraid to be in public places.

What makes me nervous is the domino effect this could have on a lot of the other Big Releases coming out soon. Do other movies follow suit?
F9? Black Widow? even Mulan (although that might be too close to release to pull it now).
I read somewhere that Mulan will go ahead as planned for US markets, though international markets may be delayed. I assume Disney will always be looking for high return from APAC countries, especially China and with most cinemas practically empty at present over here, it makes sense to postpone.

As for the Spring/Summer blockbuster titles, the general thought over here is while the virus situation may not be over by then, it will be more contained and life will resume alittle sense of normality by then.
So at the moment, fingers crossed the release date of the likes of F9 and Black Widow will remain on schedule.

Are people really that scared to go out in public though? It honestly never even crossed my mind that going to the cinema could be an issue... I mean, everyone seems to be going about their business as usual here in the UK, myself included.

Are people really that scared to go out in public though? It honestly never even crossed my mind that going to the cinema could be an issue... I mean, everyone seems to be going about their business as usual here in the UK, myself included.

I think it depends where you are... But people are starting to get overly cautious about the virus.
things like hand sanitizer and face masks are getting a lot harder to find.

Going to pubic places like movie theaters shouldn't be an issue (unless you don't like washing your hands). So I'm hopeful that things will improve. But if they don't, I'll be curious if studios might consider releasing things on streaming services instead?

Reactions: Noodles
I think it depends where you are... But people are starting to get overly cautious about the virus.
things like hand sanitizer and face masks are getting a lot harder to find.

Going to pubic places like movie theaters shouldn't be an issue (unless you don't like washing your hands). So I'm hopeful that things will improve. But if they don't, I'll be curious if studios might consider releasing things on streaming services instead?
In such situations, there will be a minority that are afraid to venture out. I've seen some go over the top and are in full protection - gloves, mask, hat, lab glasses, rain mac, just to go to the local supermarket :wow:
For most people, its getting on with life but being more cautious - avoid touching surrounding surfaces, avoid crowded environments and just exercise basic hygiene.
Local government general guidance is to avoid crowded areas and unnecessary large gatherings so places like restaurants, theatres and cinemas are places people will avoid.
At the moment, HK cinemas can only operate screenings at 50% seating capacity to minimize people seated too close together.
For big blockbuster releases like NTTD, thats certainly going to impact ticket sales.

Last edited:

Not on the tube though lol. Seen pictures of people with Tesco's bag and plastic boxes on their head, it's crazy.

• Haha

the problem is the media. They have scaremongered everyone. But it’s still a serious situation. However, no more serious than flu which kills thousands yearly.

all people really need to do is keep up standard hygiene. But it’s times like this you realise that other places in the world have poor hygiene. And/ or particular people

there’s absolutely nothing wrong with going about your daily business. But the scare factor has taken it to new levels.

Some people though are more in danger. People with No immune system for example. They are at higher risk if they come in contact with anyone with it. My mum has no immune system so when something like this happens and it’s serious then her work have to send her home (and I mean when a few people have flu as it can kill her quickly which is mad)

so yeah it’s all about being smart and clean with stuff like this.
You can still go to the cinema or out or wherever. We’re overpopulated here as you know but it’s not China levels of overpopulated and everyone needs a hazmat suit!

Not on the tube though lol. Seen pictures of people with Tesco's bag and plastic boxes on their head, it's crazy.

I think some of those pics are for comedy purposes. Brits are usually not known for those levels of extreme and I think it’s just British humour those pics. But there will be some with the face masks. I see a couple of My mates who work and live in London on Saturday and they said it’s all been fine walking around and on the tubes etc

Like most experts say surgical masks aren't really very effective for keeping ppl from catching the virus, but at present it's almost considered standard requirement to do so if you're going out.
If I were to eat at a restaurant or go to the cinema, I have to wear a mask otherwise I wouldn't be allowed entry. Even not wearing a mask, I may be refused to board a taxi or bus :stop:

• Wow
Reactions: Noodles and vexred
:rofl: :doctor:

88228564_1483341231827397_4165936393844948992_n.jpg

I don't think they explicitly said the delay was due to corona virus, but it's obviously been the main factor in doing so. I definitely agree a lot of media scare is going on at the moment, but I don't think many people are gonna be keen to sit in a cinema for 3 hours plus come April when the new Bond is gonna be 2 hours 40, the air isn't constantly circulating in the cinemas, and this is a respiratory virus after all.
I do think if the virus starts to scale up, in a months time box office numbers may very well be very low, people will be doing what they can to avoid illness, and this is MGM's big money maker, they kinda need this film to keep the studio going safely. It's a long one too, 2 hours 40 iirc this may influence people's choices, so pushing it back to November, a familiar month for releasing Bond is very a smart move imo

...How does someone eat wearing a surgical mask? lol :bag:
Well in times like these, not all rules/decisions made can be seen as logical or rational :wacky:
But in all seriousness, the idea is to give the establishment that you are someone who is taking precautions and not a health hazard to other customers or their staff and you can remove masks to eat/drink

That's another thing... if Corona is the main reason behind the "delay", then I'm surprised they've even given it a new release date, rather than just saying it's delayed until further notice. Who's to say the virus will have settled down by November? Obviously if not, then are we to expect the date to be pushed back again?