Nobody (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: September 12, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 12 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99
Notes: Limited to 2000

13907196EXPL.jpg

13907196-2054971605986335.jpg
13907196-3464971606064647.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, my thoughts on this movie aside, this looks like a fantastic steelbook set, and the Chucky steelbook is magnificent (got it yesterday).

I really hope Universal UK keeps this up because their recent stuff and Lionsgate steelbooks here in the US are superior to most studio steelbook releases right now (to me, at least).

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no. I suppose it depends on the action film and the melodrama in question…although I’m not a fan of Nicholas Sparks novels or their film adaptations.

I would watch an action flick I find compelling (ie, A Walk Among the Tombstones) over an average melodrama, but maybe not a great one.

But I’ll watch almost anything short of an 80s/early 90s erotic neo-noir thriller instead of an action film that doesn’t interest me.

A Walk Among the Tombstones is a great film. Own the steelbook. (German ?) Don't like much of Neeson's action films, but that one is good. Can you name few of those "80s/early 90s erotic neo-noir thriller" you like ?

Reactions: JGCramp
Can you name few of those "80s/early 90s erotic neo-noir thriller" you like ?
Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any that I like. I dislike or hate most all of them.

I suppose the closest I can come to finding a film from that genre and era somewhat okay is maybe Fatal Attraction. But I think of that as more of a psychological thriller than an erotic neo-noir thriller. Even so, I think I watched it once and have no real desire to ever see it again.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
I'm just guessing but I don't think it is. It looks more like the inglourious basterds release. Although for all I know that could have been the everythingblu team. I only have 2 of their steels.
I think they're more looking at the US market. The lionsgate pet slip releases. Both films are also lionsgate in the uk, so they'll probably make their way over her too, assuming this happens.

I'm just guessing but I don't think it is. It looks more like the inglourious basterds release. Although for all I know that could have been the everythingblu team. I only have 2 of their steels.
Inglourious basterds had nothing to do with EverythingBlu
Universal artwork department done the design

EverythingBlu team started to work for THG in December 2021

The first release artwork design EverythingBlu has done for Zavvi is First Blood and that is why they got mentioned for that release.

Nobody as already mentioned is done by Universal artwork department

• Informative
Reactions: hatredhorror
the steelbook sounds perfect

the slip is a bit bland + rigid slipbox is only second best to a real premium full slip like used by manta, fa, hdzeta, etc..

Inglourious basterds had nothing to do with EverythingBlu
Universal artwork department done the design

EverythingBlu team started to work for THG in December 2021

The first release artwork design EverythingBlu has done for Zavvi is First Blood and that is why they got mentioned for that release.

Nobody as already mentioned is done by Universal artwork department
So I was right then.

One day I'll tell some stories about my visit to steelbook HQ ... but for a bit longer .... :censored:

Maybe you can tell us why Scanavo doesn't ship the steelbooks with cardboard or some other kind of protection over top of the spines so they don't get slashed.

Maybe you can tell us why Scanavo doesn't ship the steelbooks with cardboard or some other kind of protection over top of the spines so they don't get slashed.
Extra cost

Plus sometimes and most times actually it’s the retail
Employees who do it.

So box of empty steels shipped to replicator who then puts it all together and many diff replicators are used so really it would be them you want to put the card inlay in and not the scanavo end

When you know it happened at replicator and not retail is when you have spine slash steel but no cuts through shrink wrap

Extra cost

Plus sometimes and most times actually it’s the retail
Employees who do it.

So box of empty steels shipped to replicator who then puts it all together and many diff replicators are used so really it would be them you want to put the card inlay in and not the scanavo end

When you know it happened at replicator and not retail is when you have spine slash steel but no cuts through shrink wrap

Yes, spine slashes to the SteelBooks do still sometimes occur before they are shrink wrapped. I have often seen spine slashes to steelbooks where the shrink wrap hasn't been cut and is still intact.

We know that steelbooks go through many hands before they are shrink wrapped and shipped to retailers.

The manufacturing, the adding of discs, J-cards and any inserts. I'm only referring to standard SteelBooks and not the premiums with slips and all the goodies.

It's still a mystery as to why almost 15 years on that a piece of cardboard can't be placed over the SteelBooks at each step before shipping them out to the next place starting at Scanavo.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yes, spine slashes to the SteelBooks do still sometimes occur before they are shrink wrapped. I have often seen spine slashes to steelbooks where the shrink wrap hasn't been cut and is still intact.

We know that steelbooks go through many hands before they are shrink wrapped and shipped to retailers.

The manufacturing, the adding of discs, J-cards and any inserts. I'm only referring to standard SteelBooks and not the premiums with slips and all the goodies.

It's still a mystery as to why almost 15 years on that a piece of cardboard can't be placed over the SteelBooks at each step before shipping them out to the next place starting at Scanavo.
But if replicator throws
That cardboard to the side it solves nothing - I think the boxes when made should have printed warnijng on them or Scanavo at least puts a warning sticker

Is the slipcover really not going to have any ratings logos on it?

I haven't got the IG release, did that have the logos? UK slipcovers usually have them printed on there.....