Upcoming NOS4A2 (Season 2) [AMC]

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
AMC has cast Emmy®-nominated actor and producer Zachary Quinto (“Star Trek,” “American Horror Story”) and rising star Ashleigh Cummings (“The Goldfinch,” “Hounds of Love”) in the lead roles for its new supernatural horror series “NOS4A2” (working title). The network also announced Emmy®-nominated director Kari Skogland (“The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Sons of Liberty”) will direct the first two episodes of the series based on Joe Hill’s bestselling novel of the same name. Production began this week in Rhode Island. The 10 one-hour episodes are slated to premiere in 2019.
Quinto will play Charlie Manx, a seductive immortal who feeds off the souls of children, then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland – an icy, twisted Christmas village of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Manx finds his whole world threatened when a young woman in New England (Cummings) discovers she has a dangerous gift.

Cummings will play Vic McQueen, a young, working-class artist whose creativity awakens a supernatural ability to track Manx (Quinto). What Vic lacks in social confidence, she makes up for in courage, humor, and tough-as-nails grit. She strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself.

Executive producer and showrunner, Jami O’Brien said, “As a huge fan of Joe Hill's rich, imaginative, and exciting book, I am over the moon to be working with such a phenomenal cast and creative team on this special project."

“NOS4A2” is produced by AMC Studios in association with Tornante Television. The series is executive produced by Joe Hill, Jami O’Brien (“Fear The Walking Dead,” “Hell On Wheels”), who created the show for television and will serve as showrunner, and Lauren Corrao, Co-President of Tornante Television. The cast also includes the previously announced Olafur Darri Olafsson (“Lady Dynamite”) as Bing Partridge, Virginia Kull (“The Looming Tower”) as Linda McQueen, Ebon Moss-Bachrach (“The Punisher”) as Chris McQueen and Jahkara Smith (aka Sailor J) as Maggie Leigh.

AMC_NOS4A2_KA_horiz.jpg

Key Art

Behind the Scenes of Zachary Quinto becoming Charlie Manx
AG5I1542_RT.jpgAG5I1815_RT.jpg

AMC announced today that season two of its supernatural horror series NOS4A2 (10x60’), will premiere on Monday, June 1 at 10pm ET/9c on AMC, with the full season set to also simulcast on BBC America. The network also released first-look photos from the series’ second season, which stars Emmy®-nominated actor and producer Zachary Quinto and rising star Ashleigh Cummings, along with Jahkara Smith, Olafur Darri Olafsson, Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Virginia Kull, Jonathan Langdon, Ashley Romans, Jason David and Mattea Conforti. Based on Joe Hill’s best-selling novel of the same name, NOS4A2 is executive produced by showrunner Jami O’Brien (Fear the Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels) and Hill.

First look photos
NOS4A2_200_CH_0924_0258_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_SP_1024_0215_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_0912_0400_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_0930_0200_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_1009_1089_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_1009_1644_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_1017_1969_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_1018_0164_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_1119_0369_RT.jpgNOS4A2_200_ZD_1120_0500_RT.jpg

The story sounds like something that would interest me, though looking at online response has been somewhat mixed. And quite negative compared to the novel.
Anyone watched this would like to comment ?

More Key Art

1.jpg

2.jpg

Season two synopsis:
NOS4A2’s second season picks up eight years after the events of season one. Vic McQueen (Ashleigh Cummings) remains more determined than ever to destroy Charlie Manx (Zachary Quinto). Charlie, having faced his own mortality, emerges desperate for revenge against Vic. This time, he sets his sights on the person who means most to Vic – her eight-year-old son Wayne. The race for Wayne’s soul sends Vic and Charlie on a high-speed collision course, forcing both to confront the mistakes of their pasts in order to secure a hold on Wayne’s future.

The story sounds like something that would interest me, though looking at online response has been somewhat mixed. And quite negative compared to the novel.
Anyone watched this would like to comment ?
I binged the season last weekend. It was fair. I liked some elements but not others. Was not a fan of them being vague on Charlie's powers and backstory irked me a bit. I may give season two a shot but I likely would not have to see it day of release

• Informative
Reactions: Uraki