Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Not Okay

Tagline: Get famous or lie trying.

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Director: Quinn Shephard

Cast: Zoey Deutch, Dylan O'Brien, Mia Isaac, Tia Dionne Hodge, Negin Farsad, Nadia Alexander, Embeth Davidtz, Karan Soni, Sarah Yarkin, Gwyneth Anne Trumbore, Peter Patrikios, Steven Bono Jr., Blaise Corrigan, Simone Vysnovsky, Logan Crawford, Judy Zheng, Dash Perry, Julissa Piatt, Kapil Bawa

Release: 2022-07-29

Runtime: 100

Plot: A misguided young woman, desperate for friends and fame, fakes a trip to Paris to up her social media presence. When a terrifying incident takes place in the real world and becomes part of her imaginary trip, her white lie becomes a moral quandary that offers her all the attention she’s wanted.

not_okay_ver2.jpeg
not_okay.jpeg

I like everything Zoey Deutch does, and this role is no exception. Only too much blame is placed on the character - if she inspired and united people, even starting with a little lie, it should be 'okay'. Isn't the whole 'woke' culture about inclusion, or is it about hate, and always blaming and shaming someone, I'm 'confused'...

I like everything Zoey Deutch does, and this role is no exception. Only too much blame is placed on the character - if she inspired and united people, even starting with a little lie, it should be 'okay'. Isn't the whole 'woke' culture about inclusion, or is it about hate, and always blaming and shaming someone, I'm 'confused'...
That last scene really flew over ur head, didn’t it…..

Reactions: VVD
The one with the angry school shooting survivor?
Correct, her entire monologue directly addresses why Deutch's character shouldn't receive redemption and should simply take responsibility.
Also, I'm not sure what being "woke" or "being inclusive" have anything to do with the character's actions;
she profited off a real tragedy, don't matter what side of the political spectrum ur on, that's messed up.

People all around her made her a 'victim' and a person deserving all the heightened attention and special treatment. It's all in their perception of the situation, she just went along and took advantage of it.

It would've been a good movie, if she killed that sneaky, envious office coworker... :D

People all around her made her a 'victim' and a person deserving all the heightened attention and special treatment. It's all in their perception of the situation, she just went along and took advantage of it.

It would've been a good movie, if she killed that sneaky, envious office coworker... :D
She could’ve stopped it at any time and it wouldn’t have escalated further, I really don’t understand why ur making excuses for her, I think ur conflating this fictional character with the likability of the actress herself.

And *killing* someone for snooping around someone’s computer/office? Ur creating a whole different movie inside ur head, there, man.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database