Official "How To Remove Stickers From Steelbooks" thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
I got my "Dances with Wolves" Steel today and had no problem peeling off the ratings sticker, but I know sometimes there are issues. So I thought I'd add a thread so everyone can post what they use to remove pricing, rating and whatever other stickers from their Steebooks (that is, if you unwrap them, of course).

Enjoy, and thanks for taking the time to post your own tips.

DB

I usually just pick the FSk logos of on the one corner and slowly remove. With the sticky marks that remain i just use the Logo sticker i just peeled off to pick up the remaining marks. It seems to work quite well.

Same technique works best for me too but sometimes the back glue that holds the paper and the steelbook together is a annoying problem.
I had some crazy problems removing it from my Toy Story Ironpacks.

Reactions: The Rainmaker
I usually just pick the FSk logos of on the one corner and slowly remove. With the sticky marks that remain i just use the Logo sticker i just peeled off to pick up the remaining marks. It seems to work quite well.

Reactions: The Rainmaker
If you need to remove price tag, I've use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker then slowly remove them. No trace of sticky thing after removed.
Have not try the rating logo yet, maybe I'll try and see if it works too.

Same technique works best for me too but sometimes the back glue that holds the paper and the steelbook together is a annoying problem.
I had some crazy problems removing it from my Toy Story Ironpacks.

I know what you mean, you would think the backpaper would just need a tiny bit of glue but on some steelbooks they put masses of the stuff on there. The Canadian Kill Bill's i got had that much glue that they have left marks where the glue was, it must have took a little bit of the finish off, very annoying for sure.

If you need to remove price tag, I've use a hair dryer to heat up the sticker then slowly remove them. No trace of sticky thing after removed.
Have not try the rating logo yet, maybe I'll try and see if it works too.

I'd endorse this method. :oohyeah:

On another forum a collector recommended using butter. I tried it and it totally works! Put a thin layer on the whole sticker or remaining bits, let it work for 30 or so minutes and whipe it off with some some paper/tissue. Success!

What im more mad about is the alliance steels put that sticky glue crap (that doesnt stick to the steel) on the back of the steelbooks then the paper backing plastered to that. Thing is, when you pull that stuff off, it stains the steelbook. I mean you cant see it at first, but just turn that steelbook sideways and you will see that whole squiggly line mess shining off your steel.

This may sound stupid, but I wonder if you wash/wet it down if it will go away ... *shrug*

Only use this NOTHING works better

images

Just use Goo Gone. It takes the glue from stickers and labels and wipes right off. It will even soak through the sticker and remove the glue and it leaves your SteelBook finish untarnished. I've even used it on the cardboard slipcovers that come with regular amarays and it works like a charm.
8MSC49000.jpg

Quite rite Acid, I recommended this on another post. I have used this product for about10 years now, I use it to remove sap from my car as well. Plus I like the smell.