paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £25.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until June 28

09ef030b-3fa5-4505-970c-b342d97f250c.jpg

61611000_2512931138740865_4904327347466928128_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mine has arrived guys and I gotta say it is absolutely awesome... I love... check the Unboxing I did today:

Great unboxing. Thanks for sharing!

PS. Does that leaflet mean they're working on a release for Le Voyage dans la Lune? I really hope so!

Reactions: Ciz
Great unboxing. Thanks for sharing!

PS. Does that leaflet mean they're working on a release for Le Voyage dans la Lune? I really hope so!
Absolutely no problem at all thanks for watching my friend :) regarding Le Voyage Dans La Lune normally if they do promote a film in their products Arrow Video do tend to follow that up with a release.... so fingers crossed :)

Reactions: Noodles
Absolutely no problem at all thanks for watching my friend :) regarding Le Voyage Dans La Lune normally if they do promote a film in their products Arrow Video do tend to follow that up with a release.... so fingers crossed :)
No problem! Love your energy in your vids. :thumbs:

You aware of their upcoming Trip to the Moon release @paulboland?

Reactions: Ciz
All on the same day I got an email that my dispatch date was moved out to late October, then another that it was coming earlier than expected (mid October), then another that good news! it has dispatched! So wild. After the first email, I was certain I was just going to get cancelled

Stupid Q - you sure this is the trilogy. Not just Oldboy ? There is no mention of other titles in yellow slip ... Just making sure as I missed other sellers ... Cheers.
Ebay listing using old mockup photo before the release content was changed from a 3 disc release to 4 disc release
Previously this release was just going to be Oldboy and extras related to that film only but some of the extras content Plain Archive had exclusive rights and arrow could not use.

Arrow added the 2 films Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance to make up for loss of that content
It's the same release the seller just not used the updated artwork for their listing

Ebay listing using old mockup photo before the release content was changed from a 3 disc release to 4 disc release
Previously this release was just going to be Oldboy and extras related to that film only but some of the extras content Plain Archive had exclusive rights and arrow could not use.

Arrow added the 2 films Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance to make up for loss of that content
It's the same release the seller just not used the updated artwork for their listing

You Rule ! Thx. :thumbs:

(...and bought from ebay, it's not always such a bad place...)

Reactions: paulboland
Well, there goes my excitement for this release... the elevator design where it splits down the center doesn't line up at all on my copy and it's really bugging me. Not only that but the left side is really tight and I struggle to get the contents in/out... it's like it wasn't made correctly or something. Gah, just my luck! :sour:

Well, there goes my excitement for this release... the elevator design where it splits down the center doesn't line up at all on my copy and it's really bugging me. Not only that but the left side is really tight and I struggle to get the contents in/out... it's like it wasn't made correctly or something. Gah, just my luck! :sour:

Same with mine. I was pissed off because I saw someone else's on Insta and theirs lined up perfectly.

Mine lines up ok on the front

I have noticed though the lift box left and right can be moved slightly up /down on each side
When you do this you can achieve be not lined up or lined up on the front.

The back of the box I have noticed the split does not close tight as the front does.

FB_IMG_1570152878934.jpg

FB_IMG_1570152890860.jpg

FB_IMG_1570152900002.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: snow flake
Same with mine. I was pissed off because I saw someone else's on Insta and theirs lined up perfectly.
At least we're not alone then I guess. Of all the pics I've seen shared on social media, I haven't seen anyone else's whose isn't lined up either, so it wasn't something I expected.

What are you going to do about it bud? Obviously a replacement would be preferred, but it's sold out, so no luck there. Might just try my luck and ask for a part refund or something.

Mine lines up ok on the front

I have noticed though the lift box left and right can be moved slightly up /down on each side
When you do this you can achieve be not lined up or lined up on the front.

The back of the box I have noticed the split does not close tight as the front does.

View attachment 449702

View attachment 449701

View attachment 449700
Not only does the left side of mine have zero wiggle room, but that still wouldn't fix the issue for me even if it did. After closer inspection, the artwork simply hasn't been printed correctly on one side... the black from the top overlaps over onto the front.

I might just display it opened so Dae-su is visible... you can't really tell it doesn't line up then, plus it actually looks cooler that way anyway IMO. Only downside is it takes up more shelf space that way, which I'm already lacking!

At least we're not alone then I guess. Of all the pics I've seen shared on social media, I haven't seen anyone else's whose isn't lined up either, so it wasn't something I expected.

What are you going to do about it bud? Obviously a replacement would be preferred, but it's sold out, so no luck there. Might just try my luck and ask for a part refund or something.

Take it like a man and enjoy the movies. :rofl::naughty::thumbs:

I ordered yesterday from eBay. I'll let you know how's mine when I get it ...

Take it like a man and enjoy the movies. :rofl::naughty::thumbs:

I ordered yesterday from eBay. I'll let you know how's mine when I get it ...
I already have multiple copies of the movie, since Oldboy is my favourite foreign film. I mostly just wanted this for the collection/display purposes, so its appearance is obviously the most important thing to me.

Hopefully yours turns up ok anyway!

Reactions: Space Cadet
I already have multiple copies of the movie, since Oldboy is my favourite foreign film. I mostly just wanted this for the collection/display purposes, so its appearance is obviously the most important thing to me.

Hopefully yours turns up ok anyway!

I love the film too. And have couple of other releases. Bought this because it has other 2 films. Did not realize you bought it for appearance, so sad to hear it's faulty. Did not mean to be rude.

Reactions: Noodles