paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £25.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until June 28

09ef030b-3fa5-4505-970c-b342d97f250c.jpg

61611000_2512931138740865_4904327347466928128_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love the film too. And have couple of other releases. Bought this because it has other 2 films. Did not realize you bought it for appearance, so sad to hear it's faulty. Did not mean to be rude.
It's fine... I didn't think you were being rude, especially with the smilies you added at the end lol. And you have a point anyway... I probably should just suck it up!

The selling point for me was Oldboy, and the inclusion of the other 2 films is just an added bonus. I would've most likely picked up the other trilogy set they're releasing had those films not been included with this set.

Reactions: Space Cadet
I already have multiple copies of the movie, since Oldboy is my favourite foreign film. I mostly just wanted this for the collection/display purposes, so its appearance is obviously the most important thing to me.

Hopefully yours turns up ok anyway!

same here. i was actually bitching about how many re-releases they were going to make, and eventually i bought it :rofl:
well if mine has as much issues as yours, it will just be my karma telling me how stupid i was to buy another edition of this masterpiece.

@Noodles would you post some pics of yours ? just curious. Are you going to send it back ?

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
same here. i was actually bitching about how many re-releases they were going to make, and eventually i bought it :rofl:
well if mine has as much issues as yours, it will just be my karma telling me how stupid i was to buy another edition of this masterpiece.

@Noodles would you post some pics of yours ? just curious. Are you going to send it back ?
Haha I almost did the same, but knew I'd order it anyway, so kept the complaining to myself. :p

Sure, here you go (excuse the grain)...

thumbnail_IMG_5670.jpg

I would like to return it for a replacement, but that's not possible now they've sold out, so I'll most likely just keep it and learn to live with the misalignment.

I think mine is even worse than yours @Noodles. There is no aligning it at all :/
I honestly hate complaining. In the grand scheme of things it's really minor. At the same time the whole design of the box doesn't work lol.

I think mine is even worse than yours @Noodles. There is no aligning it at all :/
I honestly hate complaining. In the grand scheme of things it's really minor. At the same time the whole design of the box doesn't work lol.
Oh damn, really? That sucks man... if mine is enough to bother me, then I'd hate to imagine how you must feel with yours.

Oh damn, really? That sucks man... if mine is enough to bother me, then I'd hate to imagine how you must feel with yours.

@Noodles @ChrisPatt WOW (n) the one Noodles got is already depressing.Can't imagine how the one of Chris looks. Seems some ninjas had flawless ones, i think if it happens to me i will ask for refund and take my chance on ebay (i am actually waiting for my ebay copy to arrive, but if i am not happy with it i will return it and make sure to ask about these possible flaws before buying)

Reactions: ChrisPatt
Well, there goes my excitement for this release... the elevator design where it splits down the center doesn't line up at all on my copy and it's really bugging me. Not only that but the left side is really tight and I struggle to get the contents in/out... it's like it wasn't made correctly or something. Gah, just my luck! :sour:

sorry to hear that mate. In all the videos I’ve seen, the left side looks much tighter.
But I couldn’t help but think wouldn’t it help to have the second digipack (the one at the back) the other way round. So that both spines aren’t on the left. Front digipack facing the correct way with the spine on the left and the second the other way round (backwards) with the spine on the right.

that way it should slot better because the spine side is always larger than the open side. If you get what I mean

@ChrisPatt really sorry for you. Noth worth our hard earned money. :grumpy:
Really hate when this kind of things happen specially cause it mostly end with a refund and me not getting what i ordered months in advance !
@ChrisPatt wow, quite surprised they didn't catch that before shipping it. Really hope they manage to sort you a replacement.

I know how hard these companies work, these things happen and things get missed to be honest I didn't even see it until I took the shrink wrap off it was well hidden underneath but I hope they have a replacement! However I am about to go on holiday for 2 weeks on Monday! :banghead: :rofl:

Update!

They have offered some reward points by way of compensation? Doesn't specify how many points....doubt it would cover the cost of a new edition!

• Wow
sorry to hear that mate. In all the videos I’ve seen, the left side looks much tighter.
But I couldn’t help but think wouldn’t it help to have the second digipack (the one at the back) the other way round. So that both spines aren’t on the left. Front digipack facing the correct way with the spine on the left and the second the other way round (backwards) with the spine on the right.

that way it should slot better because the spine side is always larger than the open side. If you get what I mean
Ah yeah, I get what you're saying. Hadn't thought of that to be honest, so will give it a go later.

Update!

They have offered some reward points by way of compensation? Doesn't specify how many points....doubt it would cover the cost of a new edition!
That's shocking service! Surprising too, as I've heard they're usually quite good with stuff like this. I'd want a full refund, even if it meant returning it... no way I'd accept it in that condition mate.

The box set will be a tight fit and hard to close if the digipack slips left side put in with spine facing outward
Left side the book should be as normal be spine facing outward

Normally with box sets you would have digipack spines facing outward but not with this release

The packaging left side should have both digipacks spine side in first when sealed as this why you see oldboy as if you opening a lift
The book should be as normal spine side showing
71693509_10219175130909680_3188186573514473472_n.jpg

Left side of lift
Some might after unpacking the box set when putting the contents back into the box make the mistake of putting both the digipacks with spine facing outward or have the book with spine side in first this will make it difficult to close and be a tight fit

Some box sets left side also might of had one or both digipack's or even the book put in wrong way round before been shrink wrapped at warehouse.

This is how the digipacks and book are meant to be inside the left side of the box set and makes it not a tight fit when attaching the right side of the lift box set packaging
Right side slides on/off easily and you have more movement to line up right side of the lift if required

Left side of lift box packaging with contents inside

71485617_10219175373035733_9136214987071553536_n.jpg 71753055_10219175131269689_204392322476015616_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yeah, I get what you're saying. Hadn't thought of that to be honest, so will give it a go later.

That's shocking service! Surprising too, as I've heard they're usually quite good with stuff like this. I'd want a full refund, even if it meant returning it... no way I'd accept it in that condition mate.

I have replied dude saying I'd much rather have the item replaced and il return this damage copy at my own cost!!

Reactions: vexred and Noodles
The box set will be a tight fit and hard to close if the digipack slips left side put in with spine facing outward
Left side the book should be as normal be spine facing outward

Normally with box sets you would have digipack spines facing outward but not with this release

The packaging left side should have both digipacks spine side in first when sealed as this why you see oldboy as if you opening a lift
The book should be as normal spine side showing
View attachment 449848

Left side of lift
Some might after unpacking the box set when putting the contents back into the box make the mistake of putting both the digipacks with spine facing outward or have the book with spine side in first this will make it difficult to close and be a tight fit

Some box sets left side also might of had one or both digipack's or even the book put in wrong way round before been shrink wrapped at warehouse.

This is how the digipacks and book are meant to be inside the left side of the box set and makes it not a tight fit when attaching the right side of the lift box set packaging
Right side slides on/off easily and you have more movement to line up right side of the lift if required

Left side of lift box packaging with contents inside

View attachment 449849 View attachment 449847

I’ll be honest, that was a big reply for what I originally said and I also think you may of misunderstood what I was getting at. I think @Noodles gets it. So it’s not as tight