paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £25.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until June 28

09ef030b-3fa5-4505-970c-b342d97f250c.jpg

61611000_2512931138740865_4904327347466928128_n.jpg

Last edited:
THREE-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by director Park Chan-wook
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo
  • Original Korean and English soundtracks
  • Music and effects track
  • Newly translated, optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Korean soundtrack
  • Audio commentary with director Park Chan-wook
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook and cinematographer Jung Jung-hoon
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook, and actors Choi Min-sik, Yu Ji-tae, Kang Hye-jung
  • Audio commentary by Film critic Shin Hyung-chul
  • Audio commentary by Film critic Kim Young-jin
  • Old Days: An Oldboy Story, acclaimed feature-length 2016 documentary about Park Chan-wook's masterpiece
  • Old Days Interviews: Looking Back on the Days of Oldboy, Over three hours of extensive recently film interviews with the film’s cast and crew
  • New introduction to the film by director Park Chan-wook
  • Film Critics on Oldboy, featurette with Oh Dong-jin, Lee Dong-jin, Darcy Paquet and Chris Fujiwara
  • Filmmakers on Oldboy, featurette with Directors Kim Jee-woon and Ryoo Seung-wan
  • Photographer of Time, an interview with stills photographer Han Se-jun
  • Autobiography of Oldboy, a three-and-a-half-hour video diary of the making of Oldboy
  • Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
  • Behind the scenes featurettes
  • Extensive cast and crew interviews
  • The Making of Oldboy, lengthy two-part featurette on the film’s production
  • Le Grand Prix at Cannes, featurette about the film’s success at the 2004 film festival
  • “Bring My Love” music video by Starsailor, using clips of the film
  • Trailers, teasers and TV spots
  • Image gallery
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Limited edition 100-page hardbound book featuring new writing by Simon Abrams, Kat Ellinger, and original reviews
  • Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Very nice indeed. Got the PA release so won't bother but good to see some more Asia Extreme releases making it to Arrow. One can only hope they do the other 2 films in the 'trilogy' and some more Miike. Wouldn't mind a blu of Gozu.

I might cancel closer the time depending on my situation

It isn’t a must but it does look nice
Yeah, I'm not 100% sure I'll keep mine either... already got the big German edition, which I actually prefer to this.

I don't suppose you know of any way to double stack codes do you mate?
Not possible to do that Zavvi got wise to this ages ago :rofl:

Saves me €4.49 shipping charge for Rep Of Ireland

ACFREE works on all products so far that I have checked

Steelbooks
Members outside UK that are charged shipping with steelbooks you need to enter it a couple of times to override UK Steelbook 99p (€1.49) Free Shipping discount

Amazon UK have it listed on their website but It's not live yet to pre order and they will be best bet for a price drop before release date
Some UK members though have had pre orders payment taken up front with Amazon UK pre orders but not happened when they cancel and re order

Not possible to do that Zavvi got wise to this ages ago :rofl:

Saves me €4.49 shipping charge for Rep Of Ireland

ACFREE works on all products so far that I have checked

Steelbooks
Members outside UK that are charged shipping with steelbooks you need to enter it a couple of times to override UK Steelbook 99p (€1.49) Free Shipping discount

Amazon UK have it listed on their website but It's not live yet to pre order and they will be best bet for a price drop before release date
Some UK members though have had pre orders payment taken up front with Amazon UK pre orders but not happened when they cancel and re order
Thanks for confirming. I'll just stick with the 10% code then. :)

Reactions: paulboland