paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £25.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until June 28

09ef030b-3fa5-4505-970c-b342d97f250c.jpg

61611000_2512931138740865_4904327347466928128_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Plain Archive are none too happy that Arrow are using some of their exclusive content.

They’ve commented under all of Arrows tweets saying that they have sent an email about it & are awaiting a reply.

Reactions: ChrisPatt
Looks like Plain Archive are none too happy that Arrow are using some of their exclusive content.

They’ve commented under all of Arrows tweets saying that they have sent an email about it & are awaiting a reply.

This movie's extra's have been milked to the bone. I dont care who owns the right to one or another interview. I feel sad that this movie became the monster he's picturing

Uh oh! Can't say I blame them though... they spent a lot of time and effort (and probably money) to make the documentary. In fact, if I remember correctly, PA even delayed their own release to get the doc made.

This looks awesome! Already have an amaray plain archive edition but stuck a preorder in for this one too! Looks cool!!

Not possible to do that Zavvi got wise to this ages ago :rofl:

Saves me €4.49 shipping charge for Rep Of Ireland

ACFREE works on all products so far that I have checked

Steelbooks
Members outside UK that are charged shipping with steelbooks you need to enter it a couple of times to override UK Steelbook 99p (€1.49) Free Shipping discount

Amazon UK have it listed on their website but It's not live yet to pre order and they will be best bet for a price drop before release date
Some UK members though have had pre orders payment taken up front with Amazon UK pre orders but not happened when they cancel and re order

THanks for this , but quick question. How can amazon charge if it’s a preorder.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: snow flake
Might actually switch my order to Amazon... Zavvi don't have the best track record for sending out these types of editions in one piece, so I'd rather pay that little bit extra and get a perfect copy.

Reactions: ChrisPatt
Check your credit card or debit card after 5 working days as that is when issue of payment been taken for pre orders if amazon are taking payment early on your order

Phoned amazon apparently. New policy from 1st May any preorder will now be charged after 5 working days. Any preorders made before that date will not be charged.

Have now cancelled all my preorders with amazon from may

Will order this now zavvi

My feedback to amazon was quite to the point......:spam: how they have done this with no advising to customers of the change even when ordering is disgusting

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Phoned amazon apparently. New policy from 1st May any preorder will now be charged after 5 working days. Any preorders made before that date will not be charged.

Have now cancelled all my preorders with amazon from may

Will order this now zavvi

My feedback to amazon was quite to the point......:spam: how they have done this with no advising to customers of the change even when ordering is disgusting
Amazon not been doing this with all pre orders done from May 1st
I have done loads of pre orders since start of May and none of these pre orders had payment taken

It's only a small number of UK customers and a few outside UK who had payment taken most customers have not had this happen yet

Amazon Customer service replies don't rely on that as it's now outsourced and you would get a different answer at various times if you enquire about this

Lot's of customers not been affected
It's only been a few customers and when they canceled their pre order and done a test at reordering again they not had payment taken

• Helpful Post
Reactions: snow flake
Amazon not been doing this with all pre orders since May I have done loads of orders since start of May and none of these pre orders had payment taken

It's only a small number of customers who had payment taken most have not had this happen yet

Amazon Customer service replies don't rely on that as it's now outsourced and you would get a different answer at various times if you enquire about this

Lot's of customers not been affected
It's only been a few customers and when they canceled their pre order and done a test at reordering again they not had payment taken

Hi

Thanks for this, now I’m confused.

The lady at amazon said they were starting to implement the change on all orders over the next two weeks that were made during May.

Interesting to see what happens next

Thanks for your updates on this.

Reactions: paulboland
Hi

Thanks for this, now I’m confused.

The lady at amazon said they were starting to implement the change on all orders over the next two weeks that were made during May.

Interesting to see what happens next

Thanks for your updates on this.
From what I have seen taking payment for pre orders was meant only to be for game pre orders and somehow a mix up has happened
Reason is some customers was accessing game bonus content and beta versions before payment was taken and cancelling orders before release date.

Amazon UK or any of the other Amazon websites have not updated their terms and conditions in regards as to when payment is taken for pre orders it still lists payment is taken when order ready to be dispatched
Any pre orders done while it lists payment is taken at dispatch should apply and only when amazon update terms and conditions to reflect any policy change in regards to pre orders can they take payment for any new pre orders
Existing pre orders done should still have previous terms apply as listed when ordering.

I not had any payment taken yet for pre orders but if amazon do I will be put a stop to it as all orders done under existing amazon website terms and conditions applies at time of doing a pre order.

They can't take payment for multiple pre orders that was done when website clearly listed at time of ordering payment is taken when ready to be dispatched

Amazon can of course take the decision to change policy take payment when pre ordering as other retailers have this policy but this should only be for orders done when website clearly list this change to terms and conditions as to when payment is taken and only apply to new orders done under updated terms and conditions at time of ordering.

Should this not be in the digipack thread?
No it's a limited edition release
Arrow Films Forum and Limited Edition Forum is where thread for this release goes.

Three-Disc Limited Edition with 100 page hardbound book

It's a Box Set

THREE-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by director Park Chan-wook
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo
  • Original Korean and English soundtracks
  • Music and effects track
  • Newly translated, optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Korean soundtrack
  • Audio commentary with director Park Chan-wook
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook and cinematographer Jung Jung-hoon
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook, and actors Choi Min-sik, Yu Ji-tae, Kang Hye-jung
  • Audio commentary by Film critic Shin Hyung-chul
  • Audio commentary by Film critic Kim Young-jin
  • Old Days: An Oldboy Story, acclaimed feature-length 2016 documentary about Park Chan-wook's masterpiece
  • Old Days Interviews: Looking Back on the Days of Oldboy, Over three hours of extensive recently film interviews with the film’s cast and crew
  • New introduction to the film by director Park Chan-wook
  • Film Critics on Oldboy, featurette with Oh Dong-jin, Lee Dong-jin, Darcy Paquet and Chris Fujiwara
  • Filmmakers on Oldboy, featurette with Directors Kim Jee-woon and Ryoo Seung-wan
  • Photographer of Time, an interview with stills photographer Han Se-jun
  • Autobiography of Oldboy, a three-and-a-half-hour video diary of the making of Oldboy
  • Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
  • Behind the scenes featurettes
  • Extensive cast and crew interviews
  • The Making of Oldboy, lengthy two-part featurette on the film’s production
  • Le Grand Prix at Cannes, featurette about the film’s success at the 2004 film festival
  • “Bring My Love” music video by Starsailor, using clips of the film
  • Trailers, teasers and TV spots
  • Image gallery
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Limited edition 100-page hardbound book featuring new writing by Simon Abrams, Kat Ellinger, and original reviews
  • Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin

Last edited:
Reactions: shazman