paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £25.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until June 28

09ef030b-3fa5-4505-970c-b342d97f250c.jpg

61611000_2512931138740865_4904327347466928128_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping both Vengeance films are remasters. Mr. Vengeance is my favourite of the 3 movies and the current BD is turd.

you won't be disappointed :)

any idea if the boxset title will be changed to the vengeance trilogy instead to reflect the disc content?
I'm sure I won't! :D

As for the title... looks like they're just including the other film names along the bottom. The artwork is designed entirely around Oldboy though, so I can understand their decision to keep it titled as such.

d3344a6c-4779-4313-8e49-cb8530b338df.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: snow flake
If anyone has a spare or is selling plz let me know. I somehow totally missed this release and sold out everywhere :(

lol, you seem to have a run of bad luck lately.. i see this exact same question in quite a few topics recently :D i hope you get em all tho!

missed this one as well and am patiently awaiting a restock.. will tag you whenever/if that happens!

Reactions: djjez83
I actually preordered this just thinking it was an arrow video release of old boy, I just seen it comes with the rest of the trilogy as well, what a good price for all three! Ive not seen Mr vengeance yet but sympathy for lady vengeance is really a great film. This will look good next to my only one click (PA''s oldboy). I just hope zavvi don't send it out in a crappy cardboard envelope!

Actually had no idea this included Lady Sympathy and Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance when I ordered it. Bought only for the 4K restoration of Oldboy. This includes SO much for the value. Excited for when it arrives.

Actually had no idea this included Lady Sympathy and Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance when I ordered it. Bought only for the 4K restoration of Oldboy. This includes SO much for the value. Excited for when it arrives.
Update on this release was posted in previous pages
Plain Archive had rights to some extras that arrow previously listed would be included
So Arrow added the 2 films to make up for this and is why it's now a 4 disc set instead of 3

Limited Edition Contents:

• Four-disc edition featuring Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance and the feature-length documentary Old Days
  • Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin
  • Limited edition 100-page hardbound book featuring new writing by Simon Abrams, Kat Ellinger, and archival articles
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
Disc One - Oldboy

• Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by director Park Chan-wook
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 stereo
  • Original Korean and English soundtracks
  • Music and effects track
  • Newly translated, optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Korean soundtrack
  • Audio commentary with director Park Chan-wook
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook and cinematographer Jung Jung-hoon
  • Audio commentary with Park Chan-wook, and actors Choi Min-sik, Yu Ji-tae, Kang Hye-jung
  • New audio commentary with critic Jasper Sharp and writer Simon Ward
  • Out of the Past, new video appreciation by Asian film expert Tony Rayns
  • Deleted scenes with optional director commentary • Behind the scenes featurettes
  • Extensive cast and crew interviews
  • “Bring My Love” music video by Starsailor, using clips of the film
  • Trailers and teasers
  • Image gallery
Disc Two - Old Days

• Old Days: An Oldboy Story, acclaimed feature-length 2016 documentary about Park Chan-wook's masterpiece
  • Autobiography of Oldboy, a three-and-a-half-hour video diary of the making of Oldboy
Disc Three - Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance

• Newly translated English subtitles
  • Audio commentary by director Park Chan-wook and filmmaker Ryoo Seung-wan
  • Screaming for Vengeance, Kim Newman on the Vengeance Trilogy and the tradition of revenge films
  • Extensive archival making-of featurettes, behind the scenes featurettes and cast and crew interviews
  • Trailers
  • Image gallery
Disc Four - Lady Vengeance

• Newly translated English subtitles
  • Audio commentary by director Park Chan-wook, director of photography Jung Jung-hoon and art director Joh Hwa-seong
  • Audio commentary by director Park Chan-wook and actress Lee Yeong-ae
  • Audio commentary by academic Richard Peña
  • Extensive archival making-of featurettes, behind the scenes featurettes, cast and crew interviews and deleted scenes
  • Trailers
  • Image gallery

***OLDBOY RELEASE DATE UPDATE***
We regret to inform you that during the QC process of our OLDBOY releases, we ran into some complications which has resulted in some unfortunate additional delays. In order to ensure this title reaches the premium quality expected from an Arrow Video release we are having to revise the release date to October 7th. We can only apologise for this additional delay and hope you enjoy the set once it arrives!

• Thanks
Reactions: jasong
Looks like Arrow shipments ae arriving, just found an unboxing vid on YouTube, as follows (not mine). Boxset looks hefty, similar in thickness to the typical Arrow boxsets (Donnie Darko springs to mind), about 3 Amarays thick i'm guessing, anyway here it is:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: hatredhorror
Missed out on this :cautious: So if anyone is looking to get rid please feel free to send a message my way:hilarious::thumbs: