paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 7, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV) - £25.00 (Arrow Films)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until June 28

09ef030b-3fa5-4505-970c-b342d97f250c.jpg

61611000_2512931138740865_4904327347466928128_n.jpg

Last edited:
This release is epic, HOWEVER...

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance and Lady Vengeance seem to be the same master as the crappy discs that have been around for ages. They're just framed differently. Mr Vengeance, even though it sorts out the left hand side correctly, it's actually slightly overcropped on the top and bottom so you get less picture.

Oldboy on the otherhand is magnificent and 10x better than Plain's release. It has better colours, very little crush in the blacks (Plain has loads) and the contrast levels are great too (Plains is overblown). I just wish the other 2 movies were given this treatment and it would be a perfect release IMO.

Haven't opened mine yet here but can see it has this same issue people are complaining about. :mad: Oh well at least I'm not alone.. and seeing ants.

just bought another one on ebay for 35$ shipping included. sent a message to the seller with a picture attached to make sure he check this before shipping
fingers crossed....

Why didn't you ask the seller about your concerns before buying it, so just in case you waste yours and the sellers time...

Cause it was "buy it now" at almost the original retail price, sold out everywhere and very sought after.
I don't think i waste my time, and if you consider i am wasting the time of the seller by pointing out a possible manufacturing defect of an item he has for sale with a picture not showing the item he has on hand, we do not have the same conception of what customer service is.

Cause it was "buy it now" at almost the original retail price, sold out everywhere and very sought after.
I don't think i waste my time, and if you consider i am wasting the time of the seller by pointing out a possible manufacturing defect of an item he has for sale with a picture not showing the item he has on hand, we do not have the same conception of what customer service is.
I think if he sends you the item and it's mint, but not lined up then you won't be able to return it. Not his fault. There will be plenty of instances of it.

I think if he sends you the item and it's mint, but not lined up then you won't be able to return it. Not his fault. There will be plenty of instances of it.

The seller is not responsible for something he can't see. In this case it is obvious. It is not HIS fault if the box is misaligned, but HE sells an item that can be considered as defect at the first look.
i don't see why a customer should not be allowed to return a defective item no matter who is responsible for the defect....
if the auction picture showed the real item (even misaligned) i would think differently, but this is not the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robles
Is the seller a business or private seller ?, if it's a business, they wont care a jot, and will likely just send your order (or cancel it again), if a private seller then you may get a response, let us know what happens.

I also don't think this misalignment think is a really big deal, as from what I've seen, the vast majority of copies seem to have it, some worse than others, you'll be a very lucky person indeed if you get one completely lined up. Has anyone out there contacted Arrow about this and what was there response ?

The seller is not responsible for something he can't see. In this case it is obvious. It is not HIS fault if the box is misaligned, but HE sells an item that can be considered as defect at the first look.
i don't see why a customer should not be allowed to return a defective item no matter who is responsible for the defect....
if the auction picture showed the real item (even misaligned) i would think differently, but this is not the case.
Not always the best idea to buy from a seller that does nor show the exact item for which you are bidding although of course not always possible if they have more than one to sell.

Fully agree with you on this , if the seller has pictured it as aligned then that is exactly what id expect to get.

Got my eye on a specific one on eBay that's aligned so have NO concerns there :LOL: :rofl:

Reactions: Jocelin
Damn, sorry to see you've fallen victim to this pesky problem too! (n)

Someone kindly alerted me to the fact that base.com were still selling it at normal price, so I snuck in an order there, only to receive an email earlier today saying their "supplier" had let them down. :(

Guess I'm stuck with my misaligned copy... although seeing the going prices on eBay makes me realise I'm lucky to actually own one at all!

Someone kindly alerted me to the fact that base.com were still selling it at normal price, so I snuck in an order there, only to receive an email earlier today saying their "supplier" had let them down. :(

Guess I'm stuck with my misaligned copy... although seeing the going prices on eBay makes me realise I'm lucky to actually own one at all!

@Noodles it is not mine ! was just a picture of one that is for sale on ebay ! (posted this as information just to point out that there seems to be a lot with misalignment problem)
i bought one on ebay that got cancelled by the seller with no explanation, probably never received his preorder.
and now bought another one, i hope it is gonna be "acceptable"

Not always the best idea to buy from a seller that does nor show the exact item for which you are bidding although of course not always possible if they have more than one to sell.

@virkia @Mr Y Fronts

I know, i dont like this either, but at that price i am taking the risk, it is a very big seller (rarewaves) the chance is big i won't have an answer and they will just ship it. But tried none the less to e-mail them about it, cost nothing to try.
I saw some others on ebay yesterday price tag between 40£ en 75 £ lots of them had pictures of the exact item, and most were misaligned, so 28£ shipping includes looked like a good opportunity even without picture.
I will let you know if i get a response, or when i will receive it.

Lot of people are asking crazy prices because it is sold out AND just been released. Within a few months the hype will be gone, and ebay sellers will have to lower their prices, i am pretty sure you will have the opportunity to buy another one
later at an OK price and in a better state.
The fright night steelbook from zavvi is a perfect example.

Reactions: Noodles