Slipbox Oldboy (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.30) [Korea]

SimonLDT

Liquid
Premium Supporter
May 30, 2012
Coventry, UK
Plain Archive informed what It will be 10th anniversary edition from their facebook. and NEW Digital REMASTERING! Wow~~!!
Hope they mean a new 'scan/master', because digital remastering won't do nothing if they're using the same source from 2004 ish (which all previous releases are using).

Jul 21, 2013
UK
Do people think the Canadian blu of Oldboy looks bad??
Would be nice to see a new 4k transfer but dont think that will happen.

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Hopefully mastered in 4k.
This is not 4K remastered film

Here is news quoted as below

Under the auspices of its director Park Chan-wook, the film’s visuals have been revamped with color correction and elimination of scratches and dust. The editing and audios remain the same.

“It’s very old as it was made during the analog age. It was a pity to see dusty, streaked prints being screening all over the world. I’ve wanted to make a digital version for a long time,” Park was quoted as telling Yonhap News.

same film source with digital remedy for color and removal of dust and scratch

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

Do people think the Canadian blu of Oldboy looks bad??
Would be nice to see a new 4k transfer but dont think that will happen.
I own Canadian blu of oldboy, it does not looks so bad,

hopefully new release of old boy will release better transfer than Canadian blu-ray,

we will see how it is different sooner or later.

SBC28

Premium Supporter
Jan 11, 2013
Purgatory
I don't think the Canadian release looks bad, but it could certainly use some work. I just hope, that when it's released...it'll come with the 7.1 DTS HD-MA track that's included on the Canadian disc.