Oldboy (Ultimate Edition) [Germany]

Manqu

Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release date: September 11, 2017
Purchase: Amazon.de
Price: €48.65
Note: Limited and numbered edition, includes a Mediabook & Comic Book & Documentary "Old Days". Both the film and the documentary will feature English subs.
DCb3TS3WAAAA1GE.jpg
18920593_1340481176066352_8425597710454276864_n.jpg
oldboy-cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine this morning and it's actually even better than I expected... easily my favourite Oldboy edition now (sorry Plain Archive). Now I just need to find somewhere to display it!

Disappointed in the way Capelight decided to stick the ribbon to the boxset. Other than that, great edition! :drool:

g6e5yp6j.jpg
That was my only niggle too... thankfully it peeled off quite easily though, so I was able to reshape the tape and stick it back on so that it's no longer visible.

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelCollz
Disappointed in the way Capelight decided to stick the ribbon to the boxset. Other than that, great edition! :drool:

g6e5yp6j.jpg
That was my only niggle too... thankfully it peeled off quite easily though, so I was able to reshape the tape and stick it back on so that it's no longer visible.
Did that too. Now, it's nearly a perfect release for the movie. My favourite as well. :drool:

Got mine too and same as you guys only major gripe.... stupid tape..... Also minor gripe....wish the whole cross pattern was a real ribbon instead of printed on the box... But beautiful set for sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I am trying to limit my collecting to just 3D & 4K blu-rays but now the remaining Friday the 13th Mediabooks are up for pre-order and now this?!? Germany - why must you tempt me so?

If I order this maybe it will satiate me so that I don’t find a way to spend $600 on the Friday the 13th set

I bought the Plain Archive edition, but now seeing this, I want it instead. What are people's consensus on which edition is better? It seems like the bonus features are the same in both.

I bought the Plain Archive edition, but now seeing this, I want it instead. What are people's consensus on which edition is better? It seems like the bonus features are the same in both.
Honestly, this is my personal favourite by a country mile! Not to say PA's isn't really nice as well though. This just feels more like a "premium" set to me and you get more bang for your buck IMO.

Reactions: moviewizguy
Ah, I think the reason why I initially went for PA over this edition was it included the 3-hour Autobiography of Oldboy doc, which the German version does not, though I could have easily gotten that from the 10th anniversary US Blu-ray. There are just so many editions out there for this film.

Reactions: Noodles