Ommegang Game of Thrones Beers

Che

Red Viper
Premium Supporter
Sep 7, 2010
Milwaukee
Here you go guys. They now have a beer locator link on their website. I think they show a lannister sigil for stores that have stock. Just call them up.:scat:

Iron Throne Blonde Ale Locator LINK

game-of-thrones-beer-ommegang-brewery-gear-patrol-full.jpg

Ommegang brewery presents the OFFICIAL Game of Thrones beer. OK, so who wants to send me a case? Apparently this will be available in late March for the season premiere. People in NY should be seeing it first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to see if it's going to make it down this way.

Update... I did see that there are several Ommegang beers that have been approved for MO, but the list didn't get into a lot of detail, so I don't know if it's on there. I'll let you know if it shows up here.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to see if it's going to make it down this way.

Update... I did see that there are several Ommegang beers that have been approved for MO, but the list didn't get into a lot of detail, so I don't know if it's on there. I'll let you know if it shows up here.

Apparently there will be several different beers in the Game of Thrones series. I see this is just hitting the shelves. The Wine & Cheese place in St Louis said they had it (I follow them because they announce stuff like this)

This proved to be VERY popular in Chicago, several bars got 1 keg in, and went dry within hours. I called about 20 liquor stores yesterday, and finally found one with some stock remaining and managed to buy a case. Can't wait to try this out, heard its a quite tasty citrus ale.

Che, let me know if you have troubles locating, I'd be more than happy to work out a trade of some sort...

I looked at the locator wrong. I did not know you had to search for individual beers. So this is nowhere to be seen near me:(

What's the distribution like? Nationwide or just a small part of America?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Nevermind I just saw the link above. I'll check out Whole Foods next time I am there.

What's the distribution like? Nationwide or just a small part of America?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Nevermind I just saw the link above. I'll check out Whole Foods next time I am there.

Are they still making the blonde ale? The stores around me are out and claimed they are not getting anymore blonds.

It really seems to be a hit or miss on finding it. When the stores release it, it's usually gone within a day or two. As for making more, I would think that it's possible that they will still make another batch since it's still on their site. I don't think they will make more than that since they are getting ready for "Take the Black Stout". They've probably already got a batch or two of this made and are aging it a little to let the anise and licorice root to fade some. I would imagine this one will be similar, but better than Stone's Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout. Some said that it was good, and others said it was a licorice bomb.

Just a heads up, but I saw that Take the Black Stout hit shelves here in St. Louis yesterday, so I would imagine that it will be available everywhere in Ommegang's distribution area very soon.