Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Once Upon a Deadpool (2018)

Genre: Comedy, Action, Science Fiction

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage, Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Julian Dennison, Morena Baccarin

Release: 2018-12-21

DEADPOOL 2 is being re-released in theaters DEC 21, 2018 with a PG-13 Cut.

It will have new footage as well:
View attachment 395158

Yes. that's Fred Savage.
Looks like they are going to re-edit it Princess Bride Style... Which might actually work.

Thoughts?
A re-edit would be much better than just a straight up kid-friendly cut of the film. But still, it doesn't give me much hope for the future of Deadpool now that Disney own the rights. (n)

A re-edit would be much better than just a straight up kid-friendly cut of the film. But still, it doesn't give me much hope for the future of Deadpool now that Disney own the rights. (n)

I'm actually very curious and want to watch this. Just to see if it will work... or HOW they are going to make it work. Do they just Bleep out all the swearing? If you edit it with humor, it might be good.

4TfmRMtu8o3TGZFPfDihfao3gUX.jpg

Title: Once Upon a Deadpool

Genre: Comedy, Action, Science Fiction

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage, Josh Brolin, Zazie Beetz, Julian Dennison, Morena Baccarin

Release: 2018-12-21

Deadpool-2-PG-13-Fred-Savage.jpg

Source: Deadline
All Fox wants for Christmas are 12 more days of Deadpool — that’s certainly one valid interpretation of the studio’s plan to revamp, rename and re-release the year’s biggest R-rated hit, Deadpool 2, as a PG-13 film called Once Upon A Deadpool. There’s more to it than that, however. Deadline has all the details about the studio’s unconventional plan — a plan that may have intriguing relevance when viewed through the prism of the Disney-Fox merger and the future of the red-hot Deadpool franchise.

“Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006,” Reynolds told Deadline on Monday. “I’ve said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said ‘Yes’ on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining…”

Savage, of Wonder Years fame, co-stars with Reynolds in the framing sequence for Once Upon A Deadpool, which hijacks its bedtime-story set-up from The Princess Bride, the 1987 classic that also famously featured Savage as a child actor. In eight scenes were filmed that will be used as interstitial additions to the existing sequel’s footage. The running time of Once Upon A Deadpool is abut three minutes shorter than Deadpool 2 but Fox declined to be more specific about the new footage duration.

Reached last week by Deadline, Savage was still playing along with the spoof concept and the irreverent meta-spirit of the franchise: “While my participation in this film was anything but voluntary. I am happy to learn that Fudge Cancer will be the beneficiary of this shameless cash grab.”

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
“Fox has been asking for a PG-13 basically since the start in 2006. I’ve said no since 2006. Now, this one time, I said ‘Yes’ on two conditions. First, a portion of the proceeds had to go to charity. Second, I wanted to kidnap Fred Savage. The second condition took some explaining…”

LOL

Lol that really is funny.

On a serious note, this better not be the way forward for Deadpool.

Disney will kill the franchise if they bring Deadpool into a more kiddie friendly enterprise

"Once Upon a Deadpool"?? What the hell kind of name is that for a movie!? The only reason I buy Deadpool Steelbooks/Movies is because it's Marvel and I'm a completionist and so I need all the Marvel movies, but Deadpool just annoys the holy hell out of me. I cannot stand his annoying antics, probably why the other X-Men don't like him either. How does Colossus even put up with the little sh!t I never read any of his comics, ever.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database