Once Upon a Time In Hollywood (4K+2D Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive - First Edition #1) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 9, 2019
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 copies

02-621073.jpg03-621073.jpg04-621073.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality actually looks really good... nice and sturdy like a hardback book. Looking forward to receiving this!

Reactions: Sigill
You guys know I've seen enough media packaging over the years. ;) And I can confirm (at least with the USA edition, likely same) it's a decent sturdy build. It's quality. Pretty cool and unique. I like the die cut 1969 in the inside, and creative holder for the vinyl adapter.

Reactions: Sigill
I must admit that does look really good. I thought the price was a bit high but it does seem to be well made.

Anyone have payment taken yet for this from HMV

It listed in old orders in my account as I pre ordered this before HMV updated their website recently

Usually HMV charge debit/credit cards on Wednesday/Thursday with dispatch of orders on Thur/Fri for following Monday release date

Yea that does look nice. I’ll consider it maybe in the new year if it gets a price drop

OK, I found it first at amz.de for 80 euro and I came from hesitating to decide not to take it for that price......now I come here, see that it´s actually cheaper and in many other countries, then see the unboxing video and now it´s nobrainer, must have!! :oohyeah: :oohyeah: :oohyeah: :cigar:

btw, the 1000 quantity is for HMV only or worldwide?

OK, I found it first at amz.de for 80 euro and I came from hesitating to decide not to take it for that price......now I come here, see that it´s actually cheaper and in many other countries, then see the unboxing video and now it´s nobrainer, must have!! :oohyeah: :oohyeah: :oohyeah: :cigar:

btw, the 1000 quantity is for HMV only or worldwide?
I imagine the limitation refers to HMV/UK only, but don't quote me on that!

Been listening out for the postman all morning, only to just now find that he'd snuck it through the letterbox at some point... wasn't expecting it to fit lol.

Very impressed with this anyway... the quality is super tough/sturdy - so much so that I was able to give it a good rub to get some weird residue off without causing a single mark.

Didn't realise this would come with a postcard-size print of the main artsy poster... is that an HMV extra, or were they included with these sets worldwide? It was loose in the parcel.

Really hoping they do more of these editions in future. For once it was actually worth the price for what you get IMO (considering it's quite limited too, of course).

Definitely up there as one of my favourite editions of the year, if not ever! Now I just need to find somewhere to display it amongst all my other QT stuff without it looking crowded.

Been listening out for the postman all morning, only to just now find that he'd snuck it through the letterbox at some point... wasn't expecting it to fit lol.

Very impressed with this anyway... the quality is super tough/sturdy - so much so that I was able to give it a good rub to get some weird residue off without causing a single mark.

Didn't realise this would come with a postcard-size print of the main artsy poster... is that an HMV extra, or were they included with these sets worldwide? It was loose in the parcel.

Really hoping they do more of these editions in future. For once it was actually worth the price for what you get IMO (considering it's quite limited too, of course).

Definitely up there as one of my favourite editions of the year, if not ever! Now I just need to find somewhere to display it amongst all my other QT stuff without it looking crowded.

Literally just text you to see if you got a poster print thing with the online order. It’s a HMV extra whilst stocks last but their twitter post mentioned it was for In store purchases only so it’s good they sent them out with the online orders too. I think I see a bigger version that maybe they were giving out in store. But yeah that’s just for HMV

Reactions: Noodles
Literally just text you to see if you got a poster print thing with the online order. It’s a HMV extra whilst stocks last but their twitter post mentioned it was for In store purchases only so it’s good they sent them out with the online orders too. I think I see a bigger version that maybe they were giving out in store. But yeah that’s just for HMV
Oh, cool. Not seen them mention it anywhere, but then I've not really been looking tbf lol. As someone else mentioned in the steelbook thread... I thought it was just the invoice rattling around inside the packaging at first, but thankfully I always take them out to rip up and then obviously noticed it was the mini print.

@Noodles This is the poster you got if you purchase In store. HMV posted this pic earlier

View attachment 457023
Damn, would've loved to get one of those!

Oh, cool. Not seen them mention it anywhere, but then I've not really been looking tbf lol. As someone else mentioned in the steelbook thread... I thought it was just the invoice rattling around inside the packaging at first, but thankfully I always take them out to rip up and then obviously noticed it was the mini print.

Damn, would've loved to get one of those!

It was only mentioned today tbh. They only mentioned it in writing from their normal account and then a store posted that picture (they all have their own insta and twitter accounts as well as the main HMV account)

Reactions: Noodles
It was only mentioned today tbh. They only mentioned it in writing from their normal account and then a store posted that picture (they all have their own insta and twitter accounts as well as the main HMV account)
I actually happened upon their post this morning over on Twitter. Wish I'd known sooner... probably would've tried to pick up my copy in-store otherwise.

Reactions: Flloydo