Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Fanatic Selection No.3) [Hong Kong]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: May 2020
Group buy: closed
Price: TBA
Group buy: will open March 9. Very limited copies. GB will open between 11 AM and 1 PM CST. Check your local timings HERE

Note: Limited Edition 250 copies. Double Lenticular Edition contains: 1 WWA SteelBook (4K+BD) + Folder including (44-page movie photo booklet + 11 movie art cards + complete character folding poster + Rick Dalton folding poster (32 cm x 48 cm) + numbered collector card

1BCF048B-1758-4FCE-B202-464F8FE74587.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks fantastic! My only issue is that the Brandi FE sticker looks to be on the outside of the cellophane, will it be easy to reapply it to the box?

Looks very nice overall, now if they do this with Disney & Marvel titles then what a treat that’ll be! :naughty:
Looks fantastic! My only issue is that the Brandi FE sticker looks to be on the outside of the cellophane, will it be easy to reapply it to the box?

As long as you remove it carefully then yes it’s easy to reapply on the slip

Reactions: scarson9 and DMD4k
Looking forward to getting this next year. Just watch, these will be ready to ship mid summer but then a second wave of that dastardly virus
will hit late summer and these will be held up again. I will tell my nephews many years from now, "Once upon a time in Los Angeles I did not get my Once Upon A Time In Hollywood until a year later." Sorry that I have no sunshine to spread today.:(

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Looking forward to getting this next year. Just watch, these will be ready to ship mid summer but then a second wave of that dastardly virus
will hit late summer and these will be held up again. I will tell my nephews many years from now, "Once upon a time in Los Angeles I did not get my Once Upon A Time In Hollywood until a year later." Sorry that I have no sunshine to spread today.:(

Prepared for this....and the cinemusuem set to suffer the same fate

God I hope mantas is better (slips). I must be alone on this but I think this one looks bad. Lentis look clear but somethings just not right with the images imo. Fingers crossed
What's just not quite right for me is that DiCaprio looks Japanese on the front cover (not that I have anything against the Japanese) and Sharon Tate seems to have time-traveled to 2020 coronavirus America. The street is absolutely devoid of any people and Sharon is not wearing a mask, by the way.
Other than that, I love this edition and can't wait to get mine in 2021.

used to think it's a poor man's Blufans, but Fanatic should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Blufans
Months ago it used to be nobody couldn't mention Fanatic without Blufans in the same sentence!!! How things change in so little time :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
:shipped::joy:;):D

@nafosb you cracked me up there

Just saying, I think Fanatic is seriously over rated
Don't get me wrong, they did a good job with the Marvel's, but come on. WWA?
And the whole package is just not the same quality as Blufans (no criticism, because that's a very high benchmark)

Fanatics are clever, limited print run 200 or 250 seems to make the edition more desirable than it actually is.
It's deceptive, at the end of the day it's still WWA, which is not a limited edition
People buying it because of the apparent link with Blufans, either the shared art team, or Blufans offshoot company to get around the legal issues.

But from what I've seen, there is nothing to suggest Fanatics are even close.
The editions are rather underwhelming, and are in no way comparable to Blufans by any stretch of the imagination
You have to make a judgement call by what's in front of you. As it stands, Hdz and Manta (even Filmarena) have better looking products.

This is not a slant on those who have brought Fanatics editions. Enjoy them, they are still a good set.

Reactions: nafosb
:shipped::joy:;):D

@nafosb you cracked me up there

Just saying, I think Fanatic is seriously over rated
Don't get me wrong, they did a good job with the Marvel's, but come on. WWA?
And the whole package is just not the same quality as Blufans (no criticism, because that's a very high benchmark)

Fanatics are clever, limited print run 200 or 250 seems to make the edition more desirable than it actually is.
It's deceptive, at the end of the day it's still WWA, which is not a limited edition
People buying it because of the apparent link with Blufans, either the shared art team, or Blufans offshoot company to get around the legal issues.

But from what I've seen, there is nothing to suggest Fanatics are even close.
The editions are rather underwhelming, and are in no way comparable to Blufans by any stretch of the imagination
You have to make a judgement call by what's in front of you. As it stands, Hdz and Manta (even Filmarena) have better looking products.

This is not a slant on those who have brought Fanatics editions. Enjoy them, they are still a good set.

so you haven't bought a single Fanatic edition? ;)

No no lol, I got the two Marvel's, exactly on the same pretence and bandwagon (that the prototype is Blufans)
And the editions were nice, but not exceptional... Didn't make me go wow :offtopic:

You see, with every Blufans (Marvel in particular), even the OABs with WWA, there was a wow factor. The editions were nothing less than stunning.
Difficult to explain, but that sense of wow and shock you get when you know the edition is a knock out. More recently, some Weet editions have been similar (they've upped their game). And think Manta First Man for instance, the box was gorgeous.

It took me two editions in to realise that Fanatics sadly wasn't going to be the same..
Let's hope Blufans (the real Blufans) get their legal shi* sorted out. God I miss them.

Reactions: Jeek
I don't know? The Captain Marvel & Endgame Fanatic Slips are fantastic.
The Captain Marvel Slips there is nothing out on the Market currently that compares, yeah I wish there was a WEA steelbook inside but doesn't mean it's still not the best release and the 2 slips look stunning.

Reactions: DMD4k
I wouldn't disagree with you buddy, as collecting is a personal thing and tastes are subjective
For me, just because a certain edition might be the best of a bad bunch does not hold much love.
As I said, it needs to make me go "wow" which I must confess - majority of the Blufans releases did.. (and sadly the Fanatics didn't).

That said, if the Fanatics editions had the X factor for you, then go for it buddy