Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Fanatic Selection No.3) [Hong Kong]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: May 2020
Group buy: closed
Price: TBA
Group buy: will open March 9. Very limited copies. GB will open between 11 AM and 1 PM CST. Check your local timings HERE

Note: Limited Edition 250 copies. Double Lenticular Edition contains: 1 WWA SteelBook (4K+BD) + Folder including (44-page movie photo booklet + 11 movie art cards + complete character folding poster + Rick Dalton folding poster (32 cm x 48 cm) + numbered collector card

1BCF048B-1758-4FCE-B202-464F8FE74587.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is it's super limited. That's valued by SCALPERS. More of an investment than if it were 4000 copies.
Doctor Strange was 2100 copies. Thanks to it not being 4000, today those fortunate to own a copy or two have a nice little return on them if they decide they have/want to sell.
In other words, ideal situation for scalpers!!! :rolleyes:

I fixed your post for you BTW..... :p

In other words, ideal situation for scalpers!!! :rolleyes:

I fixed your post for you BTW..... :p

Actually you're very wrong and the post didn't need fixing. I value super limited more than I do 4000. It's just the way it is. Supply and demand. If you don't like super limited releases because you're afraid they'll gain value on you and that scares you (you don't want to be branded a scalper do you? :giggle: ) then don't buy them.
If I was a coin collector I would want to collect rare coins not Euro cents from 2019. If I collected watches I'd prefer to have a few Pateks and not some rubber Casios.

There's nothing rewarding or special about collecting anything if anybody can get the same item at any time. And that's coming from someone that started collecting steels quite recently. I've had to fork over my fair share of cash for plenty of editions that were long sold out. Not only money but time hunting them down. It's all part of the fun.

Actually you're very wrong and the post didn't need fixing. I value super limited more than I do 4000. It's just the way it is. Supply and demand. If you don't like super limited releases because you're afraid they'll gain value on you and that scares you (you don't want to be branded a scalper do you? :giggle: ) then don't buy them.
If I was a coin collector I would want to collect rare coins not Euro cents from 2019. If I collected watches I'd prefer to have a few Pateks and not some rubber Casios.

There's nothing rewarding or special about collecting anything if anybody can get the same item at any time. And that's coming from someone that started collecting steels quite recently. I've had to fork over my fair share of cash for plenty of editions that were long sold out. Not only money but time hunting them down. It's all part of the fun.
Lets agree to disagree.

We all collect for different reasons. Yes, it's nice to have something that becomes sought after in your collection.

But all I ask is that we should all have a fair chance of aquiring something when it becomes released. And if it rises in value after that, then fair enough. If not then no problem.

250 copies worldwide for a Tarantino film is just ridiculous. This site alone will be very lucky if they manage to secure even 40 copies. I'm not even going to bother trying because I don't need the hassle to be honest. I've much better things to be doing in my life. A hobby is not a hobby if it's going to cause you stress....

And anyway, that steelbook is just awful! :p

Reactions: crib79
Yes, it's nice to have something that becomes sought after in your collection.
Well what do you know! We're actually on the same page :p
You just think there should be a fair chance of getting this (or any other title). But that is pretty hard to achieve for a super limited release. Someone HAS to miss out. Would it be great if all 250 went to ninjas? Sure! But someone in the world will have to miss out, on this or any other release. Life isn't fair.
I missed out on HDZ Inception recently, but it's ok, FAC will have my back (soon?) and if not, then some seller will have my money.

You just think there should be a fair chance of getting this (or any other title). But that is pretty hard to achieve for a super limited release.

Of course it is! You just backed up my whole point. This is why I'm not a fan of 'super limited' releases.

And the only reason you missed out on Inception is because HDZETA act like a bunch of shithouses towards this site and treat it with contempt for whatever reason.....

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Of course it is! You just backed up my whole point. This is why I'm not a fan of 'super limited' releases.
I was mistaken... we are not on the same page.
I was being nice, not making your point. Thought you'd read between the lines but I'll spell it out. You think all releases should be fair, whatever that means, I don't. It's up to each individual to put himself/herself in the best position to acquire it.
And the only reason you missed out on Inception is because HDZETA act like a bunch of shithouses towards this site and treat it with contempt for whatever reason.....
That might be the case, it doesn't matter now. The point is if I want it bad enough, I'll get one.

I’m with @DMD4k 100% super limited releases that have less supply than demand FTW that’s what makes it a true collectible not a by the numbers release that you can stroll in at any old time to secure. There’s just something about the adrenaline rush pumping through your veins when the time comes where you’ve got to stand up to the plate and secure that bad boy to beat the odds and the demand by smashing that F5 like a boss

1581418365358.gif

if you fail or it became OOS before your time in this hobby well that’s not the end as the fun just starts to begin by starting the treasure hunt. I find appreciation for that stunning steelbook edition has so much more value and makes it so worth it once mission accomplished by either smashing that F5 or sniping away in the dying seconds of an auction.

Last edited:
Lets agree to disagree.

We all collect for different reasons. Yes, it's nice to have something that becomes sought after in your collection.

But all I ask is that we should all have a fair chance of aquiring something when it becomes released. And if it rises in value after that, then fair enough. If not then no problem.

250 copies worldwide for a Tarantino film is just ridiculous. This site alone will be very lucky if they manage to secure even 40 copies. I'm not even going to bother trying because I don't need the hassle to be honest. I've much better things to be doing in my life. A hobby is not a hobby if it's going to cause you stress....

And anyway, that steelbook is just awful! :p

Previous Fanatics got pretty good allocation here that its even stays available quite some time, Im sure @Wreck will do his best to give us good amount here, especially If he initiated this release :). 40 is very good number in this time and age, and it should be very easy to get. But if you give up so easily and you are not willing to put any effort into acquiring this, then please don't cry about it. If you would really want it, you would get it.
Some people here really think they can get all on silver plate "rolleyes"

Im totally with @DMD4k and @willbar84 in this matter. Some excitement is needed, otherwise it would be boring.

Reactions: willbar84 and DMD4k
Some people here really think they can get all on silver plate "rolleyes"
Was that really needed?

Just because my opinion differs from yours? I'm entitled to my own and I don't expect anything 'on a silver plate'.

Trust you to stick your oar in. You've made personal comments against me before. The conversation didn't even include you.

You know nothing about me

Make sure to follow the thread (top right) to be notified of future replies so you don't miss out on the announcement when the GB will take place, etc.

1BCF048B-1758-4FCE-B202-464F8FE74587.jpeg

Double Lenticular Boxset contains

- 1 WWA Steelbook
- 2 Discs (4K UHD+BD)

and a full slip case including

- A movie photo booklet 44 pages
- 11 movie art cards
- Complete character folding poster
- Rick Dalton folding poster (32cmX 48cm)
- A numbered collector card

Total Print Run 250 sets

Meh

• Informative
Reactions: milky and DMD4k
Well that’s a new approach! Only one slip and it doesn’t contain the steel :cautious::cautious:

Release date: March 2020 (TBC)
Group buy: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: Limited Edition 250 copies. Double Lenticular Edition contains: 1 WWA SteelBook (4K+BD) + Full Slip case including (44-page movie photo booklet + 11 movie art cards + complete character folding poster + Rick Dalton folding poster (32 cm x 48 cm) + numbered collector card

View attachment 463356
Hi
Where's the photo, beauty shot from full slip? I only see the double lenticular twice?
Can someone help me please?
Thomas

Reactions: DMD4k
Double lenti box on the top left, to the right you have the wwa and to its right the front side of the FS. No rear shot of it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: schnauzithomas