Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 27) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 10, 2020
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip (Pre-order on May 29 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time UTC +8) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $149.97 (One Click) - $45.99 (Individual Editions)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".

Box (400 Units, Numbered 1-40): Front Cover Designed by "Tony Stella" at www.tony-stella.com. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating
Full Slip (900 Units, Numbered 1-900): Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating
Lenticular Full Slip (800 Units, Numbered 1-800): 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (900 Units, Numbered 1-900): 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Chinese O-Ring Cover.

OUTH_overall_OC_5000x.pngOUTH_overall_DLS_5000x.pngOUTH_Overall_LS_5000x.pngOUTH_Overall_FS_5000x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Having seen the film last night I'm even more looking forward to this release now (hope it does happen), hoping the Steven Chorney poster is a full slip to match Manta's IB FS with the steelbook using one of the other posters maybe the below as it gets all 3 main characters on the front

unnamed.jpg

Though @toykuehn concepts are great as well :)

Hmv online just put up pre-orders for their steel book, will pick that up as well, the hateful eight had an amazing artwork! But kimchidvd had the best full slip!

Hmv online just put up pre-orders for their steel book, will pick that up as well, the hateful eight had an amazing artwork! But kimchidvd had the best full slip!
I double dipped that movie and swapped out the steels - have the lenti package but the HMV disc - LOVE it,

though the FS was a stunner too

Reactions: STUBANKS
I could not resist and asked manta if this would be a possibility.

This was there reply:

Thanks for your email.

We are working on the contract for the "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" Exclusive Steelbook at the moment and we believe we have a good chance to release the film.

For Tarantino movies, we want to release more but we've noticed that other companies already have released them not so long ago. We will probably release them little later (Possibly next year or year after).

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,
Manta Lab

Novas pulp fiction white full slip and steel is flawless, their kill bill vol 1 steel and booklet is perfect and their vol 2 lenti is amazing.
I can’t see those parts of those 3 films being beaten but I’d be happy if manta also tackled them plus we need a Django

Reactions: Alfred Kantorowicz
Their Pulp Fiction was great(only one I own I believe)
Novas pulp fiction white full slip and steel is flawless, their kill bill vol 1 steel and booklet is perfect and their vol 2 lenti is amazing.
I can’t see those parts of those 3 films being beaten but I’d be happy if manta also tackled them plus we need a Django
There's at least one thing (if not more) with each of their QT releases that I really don't like... cba to list them though. :p

There's at least one thing (if not more) with each of their QT releases that I really don't like... cba to list them though. :p

Their pulp fiction white slip edition is flawless, only thing you can say really is the steel is missing the 10c mark. Other than that it’s flawless and the best edition for it.

I agree though hence why I only listed the steelbook and booklet for kill bill 1 (reason I say booklet is because it’s perfectly laid out, high quality pictures, the white borders around everything looks great etc and no foreign or English text, how the books should be)

And the lenti on vol 2 is superb. The front of vol 2 steel is lovely too but everything else about their Tarantino editions have been questionable. RD could of been better etc and the other slips for KB and PF etc

Mantas IB full slip is flawless also, the whole package. Perfect

I really like the Tarantino run so far.
Off course, it's always nicer to have them all made by the same label, but ey... we always need to have something to complain.
I hope Jackie Brown gets an awesome FS and Django is next. I have the Italian release (with comic and soundtrack), but nothing can beat a nice FS that completes my Tarantino FS-collection even more.

Reactions: djjez83 and Flloydo
Their pulp fiction white slip edition is flawless, only thing you can say really is the steel is missing the 10c mark. Other than that it’s flawless and the best edition for it.

I agree though hence why I only listed the steelbook and booklet for kill bill 1 (reason I say booklet is because it’s perfectly laid out, high quality pictures, the white borders around everything looks great etc and no foreign or English text, how the books should be)

And the lenti on vol 2 is superb. The front of vol 2 steel is lovely too but everything else about their Tarantino editions have been questionable. RD could of been better etc and the other slips for KB and PF etc

Mantas IB full slip is flawless also, the whole package. Perfect
Not IMO it's not... the Pulp Fiction steel is great, but I honestly felt they could've done better with the slips, and the booklet art is "meh" also. Same case with the Kill Bill slips... plus I really dislike the back art on the steels. Res Dogs slips were disappointing as well... Nova seriously need to improve in that area, because that's mostly what lets them down IMHO, especially as of late. Granted I'm probably being super picky with these, but that's because QT is my all-time favourite director, so I want the editions to be spot on!

Agree about Manta's IB though... perfection! Which is why I want them to do premiums for all of Tarantino's films. :D

Not IMO it's not... the Pulp Fiction steel is great, but I honestly felt they could've done better with the slips, and the booklet art is "meh" also. Same case with the Kill Bill slips... plus I really dislike the back art on the steels. Res Dogs slips were disappointing as well... Nova seriously need to improve in that area, because that's mostly what lets them down IMHO, especially as of late. Granted I'm probably being super picky with these, but that's because QT is my all-time favourite director, so I want the editions to be spot on!

Agree about Manta's IB though... perfection! Which is why I want them to do premiums for all of Tarantino's films. :D

Pulp fiction book ain’t great but kill bill vol 1 booklet is how they should be done. Presentation and PQ is 10/10 in it. One of the best books I own on a premium and they chose the right images

But that pulp fiction white slip with her cutting up is crazy good. The white course material, colourful spot glossed illustration of Mia with the orange and pink mist behind her and that gorgeous gold glossed embossed title is just ecstasy to my eyes. Same with the back and her feet and the smaller title again. Absolutely glorious and looks so classy. I was annoyed that didn’t win full slip of the year last year

Nova do need to improve but your also incredibly picky when it comes to all this. Much worse than me. Actually surprised you don’t like the PF slip considering it all matches and flows with the colours and images used. Plus they used decent illustrated (Esque) art which you normally like

Reactions: Mike Haley