Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 27) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 10, 2020
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip (Pre-order on May 29 at 8 PM, Hong Kong time UTC +8) - Check your local timings HERE
Price: $149.97 (One Click) - $45.99 (Individual Editions)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".

Box (400 Units, Numbered 1-40): Front Cover Designed by "Tony Stella" at www.tony-stella.com. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating
Full Slip (900 Units, Numbered 1-900): Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Scratch Resistance Coating
Lenticular Full Slip (800 Units, Numbered 1-800): 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (900 Units, Numbered 1-900): 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Chinese O-Ring Cover.

OUTH_overall_OC_5000x.pngOUTH_overall_DLS_5000x.pngOUTH_Overall_LS_5000x.pngOUTH_Overall_FS_5000x.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You hit the nail on the head there, that’s what it was for me too. Full Tarantino! Love it! I’m using that from now on, perfectly describes it.

I think a second viewing will change my opinion in the same way. I did the same with Inglourious Basterds and now it’s my favourite of all his films.
Same!!
I loved IB but it’s one I can’t rewatch that often.

Now Django I can never get old of. Yet all are fantastic. With spatterings of going Tarentino throughout. Think that’s all that I was miffed about with this movie. It was more chilled Tarentino.

Might watch IB later now you mention it. Scored the Manta copy back in April and not yet watched it.

@Flloydo I HIGHLY recommend Mind Hunter and my best advice is to stay with it .... all the serial killers they talk bout and interview etc are true stories.

The way i see the show and describe it to people .... is my experience which was ...

I watched a couple episodes and I wasnt feeling it. About 6 months go by and I decide to give it another try and then I binged it all. I just binged the 2nd season in 2 nights as well. Both seasons are great. I'd say its def a bit of a series more for people who are serious watchers, cinephile type, etc. I think people who dont like the intellectual stuff might find it boring and slow , but if one gives it the attention it deserves and you like crime stuff, then it's awesome.

And the crazy Manson people wanted to see in OUATIH, It's in that episode lol (mindhunters)

@Flloydo I HIGHLY recommend Mind Hunter and my best advice is to stay with it .... all the serial killers they talk bout and interview etc are true stories.

The way i see the show and describe it to people .... is my experience which was ...

I watched a couple episodes and I wasnt feeling it. About 6 months go by and I decide to give it another try and then I binged it all. I just binged the 2nd season in 2 nights as well. Both seasons are great. I'd say its def a bit of a series more for people who are serious watchers, cinephile type, etc. I think people who dont like the intellectual stuff might find it boring and slow , but if one gives it the attention it deserves and you like crime stuff, then it's awesome.

And the crazy Manson people wanted to see in OUATIH, It's in that episode lol (mindhunters)

I’m so up for this again now lol infact I’ve not got anything to watch since the boys so I’ll start these tonight

And yeah one of the interests I had was bacause they were true stories and the start of the serial killer psycho analysis right?

Hasn’t the new series got ted bundy in too? Or is that the first series? Or is that somthing completely different

Reactions: Mike Haley
Same!!
I loved IB but it’s one I can’t rewatch that often.

Now Django I can never get old of. Yet all are fantastic. With spatterings of going Tarentino throughout. Think that’s all that I was miffed about with this movie. It was more chilled Tarentino.

Might watch IB later now you mention it. Scored the Manta copy back in April and not yet watched it.
I picked up the Manta IB myself and I’m ashamed to say mine is still sealed. I’ll have to remedy that soon. It’s a lovely edition too.

Django! Now there’s a movie, full tilt Tarantino!!

In fact I haven’t seen it for a while, might have to stick that on later myself! I wish Manta would do a premium version of this.

Reactions: yeslek and Flloydo
I’m so up for this again now lol infact I’ve not got anything to watch since the boys so I’ll start these tonight

And yeah one of the interests I had was bacause they were true stories and the start of the serial killer psycho analysis right?

Hasn’t the new series got ted bundy in too? Or is that the first series? Or is that somthing completely different
The Boys is fantastic, what a series - can’t wait for the second season.

Yeah it’s the start of the Serial Killer analysis, both fascinating and frightening!

I think Bundy might be series 2. I don’t remember him in series one, I could be mistaken though.

Reactions: Flloydo
I picked up the Manta IB myself and I’m ashamed to say mine is still sealed. I’ll have to remedy that soon. It’s a lovely edition too.

Django! Now there’s a movie, full tilt Tarantino!!

In fact I haven’t seen it for a while, might have to stick that on later myself! I wish Manta would do a premium version of this.
Watched it a couple weeks back. Love it.

Hoping Manta pick it up after this one as their next Tarentino release (guessing next summer we'd maybe see it, at earliest and that's if there are few delays in this one).
Would love them to do Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown too even though there editions elsewhere(sod not sure if JB will have any o-rings like RD did)

This is one of 3 or 4 on Manta's 'coming soon' if am not wrong?

Watched it a couple weeks back. Love it.

Hoping Manta pick it up after this one as their next Tarentino release (guessing next summer we'd maybe see it, at earliest and that's if there are few delays in this one).
Would love them to do Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown too even though there editions elsewhere(sod not sure if JB will have any o-rings like RD did)

This is one of 3 or 4 on Manta's 'coming soon' if am not wrong?
I’ve got the other versions but I’d happily buy them all again a second time if they get the superior Manta treatment.

I can only see Shazam! and another untitled release on Manta’s coming soon section. I hope Django is the untitled release! :thumbs:

When is a retailer gonna produce the first premium for "Enter the Dragon"? It is sooo long overdue!
There's been so many re releases for the same title.
idk about steel, but was there not a nova edition for like a criterion case? if so the euro steel inside that would likely be sweet alternative.

@Wreck @Mike Haley @spass (I’ll try not to derail) but I started it. 3 episodes in and I f***ing love it.

Wish I didn’t listen to people when it started because it’s the fincher I love and no different to his other work. Perfect. Should of watched it straight away. Well I suppose the good thing is I get to binge 2 seasons in one go. Haha

I’m loving the big guy they meet in episode 2. He’s Savage but the character is just fascinating, his humour, speech and way with words gets me. Anyway. Will continue later

Cheers for all talking me into it (which is a ridiculous sentance for me and fincher)

@Wreck @Mike Haley @spass (I’ll try not to derail) but I started it. 3 episodes in and I f***ing love it.

Wish I didn’t listen to people when it started because it’s the fincher I love and no different to his other work. Perfect. Should of watched it straight away. Well I suppose the good thing is I get to binge 2 seasons in one go. Haha

I’m loving the big guy they meet in episode 2. He’s Savage but the character is just fascinating, his humour, speech and way with words gets me. Anyway. Will continue later

Cheers for all talking me into it (which is a ridiculous sentance for me and fincher)
Haha! I thought you might disagree with them when you started to watch it. I’m envious you get to binge them back to back!

Ed Kemper? Yeah his eloquence is captivating. I don’t think I blinked whenever he was onscreen! Cameron Britton who plays him is fantastic, looks like he scored some work from it since. He also played Hazel in The Umbrella Academy, he was great in that too.

Haha! I thought you might disagree with them when you started to watch it. I’m envious you get to binge them back to back!

Ed Kemper? Yeah his eloquence is captivating. I don’t think I blinked whenever he was onscreen! Cameron Britton who plays him is fantastic, looks like he scored some work from it since. He also played Hazel in The Umbrella Academy, he was great in that too.

Yeah Kemper. Exactly the same mate. So captivating and barely blinked (so far lol). I’ve never seen him before and the umbrella academy is on my list too. Can’t wait to see where It all goes.
Also, Holt McCallany, the guy from fight club who chants “his name was Robert Paulson”, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him as a main character before. He’s great

Reactions: spass
Yeah Kemper. Exactly the same mate. So captivating and barely blinked (so far lol). I’ve never seen him before and the umbrella academy is on my list too. Can’t wait to see where It all goes.
Also, Holt McCallany, the guy from fight club who chants “his name was Robert Paulson”, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him as a main character before. He’s great
Ed Kemper is in it quite a bit too, much more than I anticipated which was a nice bonus.

The Umbrella Academy is well worth a watch, although it’s thunder has definitely been stolen from the infinitely superior ‘The Boys’.

HA! I had the same reaction when I saw it was him too! I use that reference quite a lot! It’s nice to see him headlining something, he’s been mostly background in all the films I’ve seen him in. Great actor on the quiet, shame it’s taken so long for him to get the recognition he deserves.

Apologies to all for derailing the thread again!

I'd be more than happy to rebuy Tarantino's films if Manta do premiums... Nova's weren't the best IMO.
I think the reservoir dogs full slip A was one of the best full slip packages I've ever bought, it's still up there for me, I just wish they had made every version of that quality! I think I would also double dip for manta given they have decent artworks and a complex finish for me like IB. To me that full slip is legendary, IB is up there in my top 10 favourite films, need django, Jackie, death proof and once and I'm happy with andndndnd complete set!

Decided to start sharing some unfinished/rejected steelbook concepts I've done over the years, since someone might like them I guess.

This (with embossed title and characters) being the most recent one...

#160 Once In Hollywood (SC).png

Tarantino is my all-time favourite director, so I always feel like I want to do his films justice by only making concepts that I'm 100% happy with. Obviously it doesn't help when the majority of official poster art sucks though, which is the case here unfortunately, and mainly why I consider this one a "reject".

I'm sure Manta will have a lot more imagery at hand and will therefore be able to come up with something a hundred times better! :notworthy:

Decided to start sharing some unfinished/rejected steelbook concepts I've done over the years, since someone might like them I guess.

View attachment 448107

Tarantino is my all-time favourite director, so I always feel like I want to do his films justice by only making concepts that I'm 100% happy with. Obviously it doesn't help when the majority of official poster art sucks though, which is the case here unfortunately, and mainly why I consider this one a "reject".

I'm sure Manta will have a lot more imagery at hand and will therefore be able to come up with something a hundred times better! :notworthy:
Oooo that’s lovely
Sign me up.

Simple enough but also, busy enough...perfect balance IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

View attachment 448107

Looks okay. Not sure if I’d prefer somthing like this or the illustrated art on steel. Then again that art would also look good on a full slip like their IB full slip

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles