Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - In theaters July 26, 2019

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and more!

Release: 2019-07-26

Plot: A story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton, former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth. Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.

Yep. :(

I honestly expected it to be out towards the end of 2018/beginning of 2019, but oh well... I'm sure the wait will be more than worth it! :)
Yeah, I know it was expected no be shooting next year but I was hoping it would be out by Christmas time aswell. Ah well I’m sure it will be worth the wait!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
August 9 = The 50th anniversary of the Sharon Tate murder.

A Tarantino set in the late 60 / early 70 will be awesome for sure :woot:
Wow, I hadn't realised that. Surely they wouldn't have done it on purpose...?

Wow, I hadn't realised that. Surely they wouldn't have done it on purpose...?

That would be a weird coincidence if they didn't.
From what I have been reading it’s not going to be a story about the Manson murders. They said it’s part of the story but it’s not the main focus. Its all speculation though until we find out more concrete info!

• Thanks
From what I have been reading it’s not going to be a story about the Manson murders. They said it’s part of the story but it’s not the main focus. Its all speculation though until we find out more concrete info!

I read it’s focus is on Sharon Tate

A Tarantino set in the late 60 / early 70 will be awesome for sure :woot:

I can’t wait :) ....... but it’s such a long wait :(

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I read it’s focus is on Sharon Tate

I can’t wait :) ....... but it’s such a long wait :(
It may be, I’ve heard a few different reports. They said this is as much a Manson movie as Inglourious Basterds was a film about Hitler so I’m guessing he’s not going to be in it very much. I’m still curious how he’s going to go about doing this, whether he goes with the true story or puts a different spin on it. I’m hoping he does his own thing with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I wasn't sure about the title at first but it is growing on me. Great news that Brad Pitt is involved. Hopefully he can get Margot Robbie now!

• Thanks
Tarantino promised that the film is "probably the closest to Pulp Fiction that I have done".

"Sony and myself will be coming to the theaters with the most exciting star dynamic since Paul Newman and Robert Redford," Tarantino said of DiCaprio and Pitt. "It's very hush-hush and top secret. But I can tell you that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood takes place in 1969, at the height of the counterculture hippie revolution and the height of new Hollywood. Street by street, block by block, we'll transform Los Angeles into the Hollywood of 1969."

Source

@Sigill , @Noodles ,@Flloydo , @C.C. 95

Tarantino promised that the film is "probably the closest to Pulp Fiction that I have done".

"Sony and myself will be coming to the theaters with the most exciting star dynamic since Paul Newman and Robert Redford," Tarantino said of DiCaprio and Pitt. "It's very hush-hush and top secret. But I can tell you that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood takes place in 1969, at the height of the counterculture hippie revolution and the height of new Hollywood. Street by street, block by block, we'll transform Los Angeles into the Hollywood of 1969."

Source

Thanks for the tag mate! Sounds awesome, if It’s anything like Pulp Fiction it will be fantastic! Looking forward to hearing more info!:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Genocide

Source

Ohh sounds exciting! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Genocide

Source

Thanks. I have high hopes since he mentioned Pulp Fiction - I haven't liked any of his films since Kill Bill Vol. 2.

Thanks. I have high hopes since he mentioned Pulp Fiction - I haven't liked any of his films since Kill Bill Vol. 2.
What!!:OMG: You didn’t like Inglourious Basterds or Django unchained! I even loved Death proof but I am a big Tarantino fan.:D

What!!:OMG: You didn’t like Inglourious Basterds or Django unchained! I even loved Death proof but I am a big Tarantino fan.:D
Nope. I felt the movies post-Kill Bill ceased being merely homages, and began to become wholesale thefts from other movies. (And even more to the point - I didn't enjoy them- but that is a much longer conversation).

• Thanks
Nope. I felt the movies post-Kill Bill ceased being merely homages, and began to become wholesale thefts from other movies. (And even more to the point - I didn't enjoy them- but that is a much longer conversation).
Each to their own mate, I do understand people who think that. Whether you think he borrowed or stole it can be a fine line. For me I love that he pays tribute to all these other films, it makes me want to seek out other movies that he referenced!:)

• Thanks
Each to their own mate, I do understand people who think that. Whether you think he borrowed or stole it can be a fine line. For me I love that he pays tribute to all these other films, it makes me want to seek out other movies that he referenced!:)
No, I like that in other films - but post-KB he was lifting things wholesale instead of bits and pieces.
H8 was basically THE GREAT SILENCE. Same composer, same shots, etc. (with TEN LITTLE INDIANS mystery grafted onto it).
I prefer his films that are his own ideas and framework, where he sprinkles bits of others inside his story.
The latter films I felt were the opposite. He borrowed the framework of others, and sprinkled a little of his stuff inside.

• Thanks
No, I like that in other films - but post-KB he was lifting things wholesale instead of bits and pieces.
H8 was basically THE GREAT SILENCE. Same composer, same shots, etc. (with TEN LITTLE INDIANS mystery grafted onto it).
I prefer his films that are his own ideas and framework, where he sprinkles bits of others inside his story.
The latter films I felt were the opposite. He borrowed the framework of others, and sprinkled a little of his stuff inside.
I have to be honest mate, I haven’t seen The Great Silence or Ten little Indians. I know there has been instances like this before with Reservoir Dogs said to be copying City Of Fire I believe. Again this is something I don’t have a problem with but I can definatly see why you would prefer an original story. Hopefully this one will be more to your liking.:)

Reactions: C.C. 95