Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - In theaters July 26, 2019

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and more!

Release: 2019-07-26

Plot: A story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton, former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth. Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.

Steve Pond (The Wrap):

“Tarantino has begged the press not to include any spoilers in reviews, and he had a Cannes official do the same on stage before the press screening began. (The announcement drew a few boos.) But it’s no spoiler (and probably no surprise, either) to say that Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood is big, brash, ridiculous, too long, and in the end, invigorating. It’s a grand playground for the director to further fetishize old pop culture, to break things and hurt people, and to bring a wide-eyed glee and a robust sense of perversity to the whole craft of moviemaking.”

Eric Kohn (IndieWire):

“Quentin Tarantino has built a career out of celebrating movies by referencing his favorites, but with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, he salutes the process of making them. America’s master of zippy dialogue and high-minded pastiche consolidates those skills into a sprawling vision of the film industry in 1969, but Tarantino’s infectious love letter doesn’t have much of a plot. Instead, the filmmaker’s weirdest movie merges pre-Manson Hollywood with the looming specter of hippiedom. The result is a lopsided cultural mashup as viewed through Tarantino’s exuberant cinematic filter.”

:drool:

D7GhKlJWkAAnC4C.jpgD7GhKlJWsAISeI4.jpgD7Gnui9W0AEaV8y.jpgD7GnufuW4AA7Zql.jpg

Quentin Tarantino Says He May Recut ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ to Make it Longer

Quentin Tarantino is not wedded to the Cannes cut of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” He and editor Fred Raskin worked hard to finish it in time to world premiere at his favorite festival on May 21, and Tarantino told me he wouldn’t have shown it if he wasn’t ready. As soon as he was sure he could deliver, festival director Thierry Fremaux alerted the news. But even if Sony struck three wet 35mm prints of the two-hour, 39-minute Cannes version, Tarantino can still go back into the editing room, Sony chairman Tom Rothman confirmed at the premiere. A decade back, Tarantino re-edited “Inglourious Basterds” after Cannes, as well.

“I may make it longer,” said Tarantino at the Hotel Carlton, the day after audiences first saw the movie that proved to be the hottest ticket of this year’s festival by far. Raskin’s first assembly was four hours, 20 minutes. “His job is to put in every single thing I shot, give me everything,” he said. “That’s not unusual, for an epic-y kind of movie.” He and Raskin initially thought it might come in around the two-hour 45-minute mark. “Let’s see if we can get it tighter than that,” he told Raskin. “2:45 seems like an old Quentin movie. Let’s see if we can get past the Quentin cut to a really friendly cut any audience can appreciate.”

Now that he’s seen the $90-million movie play with an audience (aside from some research previews), Tarantino is going to look at it again. “I wouldn’t take anything else out,” he said. “I’m going to explore possibly putting something back in. If anything, I wanted to go to Cannes too short. if I’m going to err, I’m going to err on too tight.”

As far as Rothman is concerned, Tarantino can do whatever he wants. “It’s his movie. We’re privileged to be along for the ride,” he said. “It’s a Quentin Tarantino film. It’s entirely in his very capable hands.”

SOURCE