Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - In theaters July 26, 2019

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and more!

Release: 2019-07-26

Plot: A story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton, former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth. Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.

its also worth informing one's self on the murder of sharon tate, charles manson etc. and I mean LITERALLY just like a brief paragraph ... you dont have to deeply inform yourself, but if you dont know who manson is, or sharon tate, etc. then it will be hard to find some of the ingenuity in what is done.

and as QT has stated before, the movie is not so much about them as more merely a back drop. And that's true.
Just watched the movie… ok… found some really good spots… any movie fan will appreciate this… a little bit long, but Di Caprio & Pitt performances justify all of it!

Tx Chief for this!
Has been wondering for 2½ hours WHY Sharon Tate was relevant to this movie (other than Margot… ouffff) And why she looked like a pure angel...
was wondering why they were noting the time like a police report and was finding "clever" that some hippies decide to attack a "random" house where Cliff was… but I had NO IDEA about this sad fact which happened in 1969!
DAMN!

now I feel bad... will have to rewarch knowing all this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreck
Just watched the movie… ok… found some really good spots… any movie fan will appreciate this… a little bit long, but Di Caprio & Pitt performances justify all of it!

Tx Chief for this!
Has been wondering for 2½ hours WHY Sharon Tate was relevant to this movie (other than Margot… ouffff) And why she looked like a pure angel...
was wondering why they were noting the time like a police report and was finding "clever" that some hippies decide to attack a "random" house where Cliff was… but I had NO IDEA about this sad fact which happened in 1969!
DAMN!

now I feel bad... will have to rewarch knowing all this!
I'll be watching it UHD this week. Been waiting.

So obviously Uma Thurman's real life daughter, Maya Hawke, makes an appearance in this film (funnily enough, she's the one who forgets her knife lol).

But something I wasn't aware of until I saw it on Insta last night... her onscreen daughter from Kill Bill plays the role of the girl who sells Rick an acid dipped cig.

tumblr_67237c37fbc763e17420b49c3bb5c8b6_e2362e00_640.jpg

thats pretty good @Drum18 tho DP definitely counts because their is an extended version out there so its got the length to be a full movie. :p

So obviously Uma Thurman's real life daughter, Maya Hawke, makes an appearance in this film (funnily enough, she's the one who forgets her knife lol).

But something I wasn't aware of until I saw it on Insta last night... her onscreen daughter from Kill Bill plays the role of the girl who sells Rick an acid dipped cig.

View attachment 457004
I must admit I didn’t know that! The girl in the gang did seem familiar but I wasn’t sure why, I then realised she was from Stranger Things. I didn’t know she was Uma Thurmans daughter though! I can definatly see it now! That’s pretty cool that the girl from Kill Bill was in it too!:)

Reactions: Noodles
I must admit I didn’t know that! The girl in the gang did seem familiar but I wasn’t sure why, I then realised she was from Stranger Things. I didn’t know she was Uma Thurmans daughter though! I can definatly see it now! That’s pretty cool that the girl from Kill Bill was in it too!:)
I wasn't aware it was her daughter until I saw Maya in Stranger Things and kept thinking to myself she looked a little like a young Uma, so eventually Googled her and realised that's because she's her mum lol. And her dad is Ethan Hawke!

Reactions: Sigill
I wasn't aware it was her daughter until I saw Maya in Stranger Things and kept thinking to myself she looked a little like a young Uma, so eventually Googled her and realised that's because she's her mum lol. And her dad is Ethan Hawke!
Haha yeah, I didn’t realise either. Now you pointed it out though it’s obvious. She looks exactly like her mum! When I saw her in OUATIH I knew her face but didn’t know what from. A quick google and I realised she was from Stranger Things! Thank god we have the internet to check these things! Lol! :LOL:

Reactions: Noodles