Once Upon a Time in the West (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 7, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live Thursday April 19th at Midday - 12pm BST)
Price: £15.99

11718448-7724565401405731.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: milky and Mobley
A very unnecessary and poor looking steelbook... there's nothing wrong with the previous steel, which was released less than 2 years ago! :facepalm:

Check out @martinouchou's post if you need reminding of what the other steelbook looks like...
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-zavvi-exclusive-uk.79598/page-7#post-1787498
I have that steelbook myself and it's very nice looking in hand
That steelbook is sold out has been a while now

This new steelbook edition is part of shared print run various steelbooks from Universal and Paramount in Europe/Asia
Zavvi have UK exclusive

I won't be purchasing as I have the previous steelbook but it's getting a release in various countries

The more I look at that abomination the more I get upset by it. Did the person who designed this actually see the movie?
To me it seems they are more likely to get hit by a train than actually shoot each other.
One of the main reasons Bronson’s Harmonica was so memorable was because he was always so cool and NEVER had his hand nervously hovering over his gun. And btw, where did his jacket disappear?
Neither the movie nor its fans deserve this.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
A very unnecessary and poor looking steelbook... there's nothing wrong with the previous steel, which was released less than 2 years ago! :facepalm:

Check out @martinouchou's post if you need reminding of what the other steelbook looks like...
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-zavvi-exclusive-uk.79598/page-7#post-1787498

wow i forgot about that one. I should have grabbed it. But I got a nice slipcover version probably why i passed ... but the slip regular art on steel hasnt been done before and would be great as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Despite the German title.....the German steelbook is still my favorite.
Having spent many years in Europe, I'm not too concerned with different titles on Steels, I own MANY with "foreign" (to NA) titles.
And though they don't get the scene quite precise, the theme and character atmosphere is perfectly portrayed.
So I agree, a lovely Steel to compliment the film. :D

Reactions: C.C. 95
wow i forgot about that one. I should have grabbed it. But I got a nice slipcover version probably why i passed ... but the slip regular art on steel hasnt been done before and would be great as well.
Seems like many people did... those Zoom exclusives with matching slips were very underappreciated IMO, which is a big shame, since it doesn't look like they'll be doing any more now. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Seems like many people did... those Zoom exclusives with matching slips were very underappreciated IMO, which is a big shame, since it doesn't look like they'll be doing any more now. :(
Most of them are sold out so I'm surprised they did not do more releases
Transformers steelbooks these was available in Italy/Germany/France without the slipcases so that would have affected UK sales

I have all the slipcase releases in my collection expect Quadrophenia

Sold Out Steelbook Slipcase releases that was previously available from Zavvi/Zoom
The Birds
Top Gun
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
No Country for Old Men
Once Upon a Time in the West
Chinatown
Barbarella
The Warriors

Still available to purchase from Zavvi
Quadrophenia
Snow White and the Huntsman
Dracula
The Mummy
Transformers 1-4 and Box Set

The paramount slipcase steelbooks are the nicest looking as they have embossing and spot gloss
The universal ones are matte finish no embossing

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Most of them are sold out so I'm surprised they did not do more releases
Transformers steelbooks these was available in Italy/Germany/France without the slipcases so that would have affected UK sales

I have all the slipcase releases in my collection expect Quadrophenia

Sold Out Steelbook Slipcase releases that was previously available from Zavvi/Zoom
The Birds
Top Gun
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
No Country for Old Men
Once Upon a Time in the West
Chinatown
Barbarella
The Warriors

Still available to purchase from Zavvi
Quadrophenia
Snow White and the Huntsman
Dracula
The Mummy
Transformers 1-4 and Box Set

The paramount slipcase steelbooks are the nicest looking as they have embossing and spot gloss
The universal ones are matte finish no embossing

I believe the complaint about these were along the lines of "Zavvi can never do anything right" :rolleyes:

Complaints about how Zavvi finally got around to providing slipcases for their steelbooks like the premium companies do but disappointed that the slips had the same art as the steelbooks. So no more Zavvi slipcases.

People in the UK like to bash Zavvi just like people in North America like to bash Best Buy.
It's tradition. Just like people like to bash the hometown sports team even if they are winning.

People will always find something to complain about.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I believe the complaint about these were along the lines of "Zavvi can never do anything right" :rolleyes:

Complaints about hw Zavvi finally got around to providing slipcases for their steelbooks like the premium companies do but disappointed that the slips had the same art as the steelbooks. So no more Zavvi slipcases.

People in the UK like to bash Zavvi just like people in North America like to bash Best Buy.
It's tradition. Just like people like to bash the hometown sports team even if they are winning.

People will always find something to complain about.
I agree but a lot complain and moan to retailers when it's not them who do the design
Retailers may pass on complaints they get sometimes but only way to make sure is to let the distributor know
They should direct their complaints towards the film studio/distributor and best done using social media

Slipcases been provided had nothing to do with Zavvi :rofl:
It was a Paramount and Universal UK pictures decision the slipcases as to why they decided only they can answer that question

If it selling well distributor will continue with their designs decisions as sales is what matters to them

The slipcases was yes not the best very cheap and flimsy but the paramount steelbooks from the slipcase wave are actually quite nice looking in hand and showed as most of the releases that sold out first was the paramount steelbooks.

It's the film studio/distributor who does all the design work for Zavvi/Amazon/HMV releases be they be trade wide or exclusives releases in the UK
Zavvi even cleary say no design work is done by them

Zavvi/Amazon/Hmv are not the same type business as Arrow Films/Cult Films/Network retailers as an UK example
Arrow Films are both a distributor and a retailer who get a licence from film studios to create a release doing the video/audio coding and extras and artwork design themselves.

Zavvi/HMV/Amazon are just retailers who sell products offered to them to sell from distributors they not the same type business setup as the premium retailers like FilmArena/Nova/Kimchi/Manta etc

If these had of been Amazon or Hmv exclusives instead they would be same as what Zavvi/Zoom sold as in exact same

I regards to Zoom UK
Universal Pictures has a connection to Zoom UK as in it's Universal Pictures (UK) Limited & Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Alliance
Universal Pictures UK also are the distributors for Paramount releases in UK/Europe

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian