Slipbox One Cut of the Dead (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive #58) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 20 January 30, 2020
Purchase link: Plain Archive (Pre-order December 13 at 4 PM Korea time)
Price: $37.89

BD_f73d883b-32ac-4d30-a22b-4fbad62a6b04_400x.jpg BD_21e36b07-b41f-4681-9600-a8bfceddb7ff_2048x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If some of you are not aware all Third Window Films releases are distributed by Arrow Films since March 1st 2018

Extras Disc is in the Limited Edition release from Third Window Films
Third Window Films release the Extras has English Subtitles

Plain Archive release only the film has English Subtitles but not the extras

If you're a genuine fan of the film, like myself, you'll already be aware of both editions & most likely have already bought both.

If not. You know what to do! :)

The Plain Archive Edition is far superior in quality and design than the very ordinary looking third window edition. It also contains an autographed card by director or actor / actress, a cool badge and most importantly 'the actual film with subtitles'.

As fun as the extras are on the third window, they probably won't ever be viewed again, but the movie itself will.

Plain is the best edition for collectors who care about design and slip finish.

Reactions: famagosta
If some of you are not aware all Third Window Films releases are distributed by Arrow Films since March 1st 2018

Extras Disc is in the Limited Edition release from Third Window Films
Third Window Films release the Extras has English Subtitles

Plain Archive release only the film has English Subtitles but not the extras

Thanks mate, but really no need for this infos here. It seems to me a bit of a useless comparison, just like (e.g.) me going in the dedicated Third Window thread and writing "I remind yo that PA ed. has scanavo case and spot glossed slip. Third window ed. does not have it".

I guess it's better for you to sponsor the (undoubtedly good) Third Window edition in that thread.

Thanks mate, but really no need for this infos here. It seems to me a bit of a useless comparison, just like (e.g.) me going in the dedicated Third Window thread and writing "I remind yo that PA ed. has scanavo case and spot glossed slip. Third window ed. does not have it".

I guess it's better for you to sponsor the (undoubtedly good) Third Window edition in that thread.
Subtitles on extras are important for those that require English Subtitles

Plain Archive release has no English Subtitles on the extras
It only has english subtitles for the Film

Disc extras on this plain archive release is useless to those that reuqire English Subtitles

If Plain Archive have of had English Subtitles with the extras it would have been the best release

If you're a genuine fan of the film, like myself, you'll already be aware of both editions & most likely have already bought both.

If not. You know what to do! :)

The Plain Archive Edition is far superior in quality and design than the very ordinary looking third window edition. It also contains an autographed card by director or actor / actress, a cool badge and most importantly 'the actual film with subtitles'.

As fun as the extras are on the third window, they probably won't ever be viewed again, but the movie itself will.

Plain is the best edition for collectors who care about design and slip finish.
A lot purchase Blu-ray releases just for disc extras that why having English Subtitles is important on both film and disc extras on any film release

The Plain Archive release is yes beautiful looking but letdown by lacking English Subtitles on the Extras

A lot purchase Blu-ray releases just for disc extras that why having English Subtitles is important on both film and disc extras on any film release

The Plain Archive release is yes beautiful looking but letdown by lacking English Subtitles on the Extras

All your points could and should have been made in the third window thread only. There was no reason to post in the plain thread.

Discussion should continue over there.

Thanks for your understanding.

Reactions: famagosta
All your points could and should have been made in the third window thread only. There was no reason to post in the plain thread.

We post in any thread for any film if another release has English Subtitles it's to let those know what editions have it as they might not be aware

Look at the Parasite film and many other film releases as an a example a lot looking for English Subtitles on that film release and many other forigen language films and we post in those threads what editions of that film has English Subtitles

Extras are watched a lot by comsumers it's one of the main reasons why Physical Discs are purchased over streaming

It called info for those wanting to be able to understand the extras as without English Subtitles thay cant

Posting info helps sales of film involved and It don't stop anyone purchasing both releases and in fact makes more money for the film makers who are more important than a distributor

Seriously? That statement coming from someone who did exactly the same?
Enlight me, didnt you just go to third window thread and write something like:
"
Want a far superior designed, finished, autographed and extra goods Edition of the movie? Still English subtitled on the movie itself.

Also, self distributed, rather than through a much larger company

Quite simply........... "

Seriously? That statement coming from someone who did exactly the same?
Enlight me, didnt you just go to third window thread and write something like:
"
Want a far superior designed, finished, autographed and extra goods Edition of the movie? Still English subtitled on the movie itself.

Also, self distributed, rather than through a much larger company

Quite simply........... "

Yes. Seriously.

Of course i did.

It's called making a point 'In response' to the post in the other thread.
You should borrow @paulboland chill pills if he has some left

We post in any thread for any film if another release has English Subtitles it's to let those know what editions have it as they might not be aware

Look at the Parasite film and many other film releases as an a example a lot looking for English Subtitles on that film release and many other forigen language films and we post in those threads what editions of that film has English Subtitles

Extras are watched a lot by comsumers it's one of the main reasons why Physical Discs are purchased over streaming

It called info for those wanting to be able to understand the extras as without English Subtitles thay cant

Posting info helps sales of film involved and It don't stop anyone purchasing both releases and in fact makes more money for the film makers who are more important than a distributor

Of course we post other details on other threads. Not denying that.
What we shouldn't do is dictate which release Is the 'better' one in the other threads.
Us collectors are capable of making our own decisions.

If you have any of your chill pills left, there's someone else of this thread who needs some....not me :)

Of course we post other details on other threads. Not denying that.
What we shouldn't do is dictate which release Is the 'better' one in the other threads.
Us collectors are capable of making our own decisions.

If you have any of your chill pills left, there's someone else of this thread who needs some....not me :)
Any member can give their opinion in plain archive threads be it to prasie a release or say anthing negative about a release or to provide information on other releases and give their opinion if another release is better even if you don't like that opinion.

I though never said Third Window release was better than plain archive release
It was only you who did that in Third Window thread posting plain archive release was a far superior release
That's your opinion and I don't have a problem with that

I was very clear in discussing about the disc contents
I very clearly posted the packaging is yes better with the Plain Archive release but would have been better if it had of included english subtitles on the extras

I only pointed out it was letdown by lack of subtitles on the extras and for those that need a release that has english subtitles for the extras there is another release that does that's called providing information that may help other members ;)

Reactions: Jocelin
I just watched this film. It is really really insane. I'm glad PA chose it, otherwise I wouldn't have known about this film. I must say though the first part had me going WTF as it seemed like a B-grade zombie movie.

Weirdly I get a big sense of deja vu watching this movie even though I'm very sure I had never watched it or even heard of it before.

As for the packaging, I wish PA had included the red script book which is a very significant prop in the movie. And would have been superb if had also included all the drawn character cards presented to each member of the cast and the director. I would love to have these replicas.

Any member can give their opinion in plain archive threads be it to prasie a release or say anthing negative about a release or to provide information on other releases and give their opinion if another release is better even if you don't like that opinion.

I though never said Third Window release was better than plain archive release
It was only you who did that in Third Window thread posting plain archive release was a far superior release
That's your opinion and I don't have a problem with that

I was very clear in discussing about the disc contents
I very clearly posted the packaging is yes better with the Plain Archive release but would have been better if it had of included english subtitles on the extras

I only pointed out it was letdown by lack of subtitles on the extras and for those that need a release that has english subtitles for the extras there is another release that does that's called providing information that may help other members ;)

Thanks for the info. Does the Third Window release have all the extras in full length as the PA release? If so, I may double-dip for the English subtitles.

Thanks for the info. Does the Third Window release have all the extras in full length as the PA release? If so, I may double-dip for the English subtitles.
Extras are the same just make sure you get the 2 disc limited edition not the 1 disc standard edition

Standard edition only has the film

Reactions: Real Steel