One Million Years B.C. (1966)

One Million Years B.C. (1966) - Steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Genre: Creature Feature, Stop Motion, Prehistoric Adventure
Studio: Hammer / StudioCanal
Starring: Raquel Welch, John Richardson, Percy Herbert, Robert Brown, Martine Beswick
Director: Don Chaffey
For those who like: Classic monster cinema, King Kong, 10,000 BC, Cavewomen

serveimage-4.jpeg

stills-onemillionyearsbc-finishedscene.jpg

raquel_welch.jpg

As a fan of Roland Emmerich's underrated 10,000 BC (yes, that steelbook with the SaberTooth cat on the front :cat:), i've been inspired to look up the classic golden age movie it takes inspiration from - the classic age Hammer production that is notable for its "stop motion" special effects... of course now it's legues behind today's tech, but there is still something to be said for it's in camera "realness" compared to CGI....

...anyway, its another of many golden age, cinema defining classics that i'd love to see in HD ...its actually coming to Blu-ray for the 1st time at the end of the year or early 2017 thanks to StudioCanal, so i cant think of a better opportunity for a One Million Year's BC steelbook. :cool: :)

One Million Years BC .jpg

^^ Colour version would make great front art i think

8 THE_BLACK_BOX_CLUB_DOT_COM RAQUEL_ WELCH_ .jpg

Trouble is to date Zavvi have had any exclusives on Hammer steelbooks from Studio Canal (Quatermass and the Pit and Dracual: Prince of Darkness) and they were to put it bluntly very poor so it does happen, it'll be zavvi and you know what to expect

Trouble is to date Zavvi have had any exclusives on Hammer steelbooks from Studio Canal (Quatermass and the Pit and Dracual: Prince of Darkness) and they were to put it bluntly very poor so it does happen, it'll be zavvi and you know what to expect

Do you mean on disc content when you say poor? Because Prince of Darkness was a quality release as far as the steel itself goes man... full gloss and great artwork also :thumbs:

This is Gorgeous!

1438351465121966040049-jpg.178762

14383515511541102188332-jpg.178763

1438351599154-453530965-jpg.178764

The disc content is fine. I thought Prince of Darkness was a good steelbook but not astonishing but Quatermass was dire and this is from someone who lists Quatermass and the Pit in their top ten list of films. and wouldn't go near that particular steelbook. "What were they thinking" crossed my mind when I saw the pictures.... That's why I'm not holding out for any steelbook gems as far as the Hammer films go if Zavvi are dealing with them. Are these designs actually shown to fans or do they just play blind man's buff and hope they work?

Again is it really that hard to do a design and then show it to the fans and get the feedback. It would save 100% of the problems you see listed on this site. The Jungle Book fiasco would have been avoided for a start. Or is the whole attitude "The fans will buy no mater what. lets hold them to random and enjoy taking their money!". Take Quatermass and the Pit, How many people on this site were shown the designs before hand. I suspect none........