Multi Onimusha: Warlords Remaster (2019)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Onimusha: Warlords arrives on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam on January 15, 2019 with a high-definition visual upgrade and features that will improve your sword-fighting adventure! First released on PS2 in 2001, Onimusha: Warlords is set in feudal Japan and tells the story of the samurai Samanosuke and ninja Kaede as they race to rescue Princess Yuki.
onimusha warlords.jpg

Source: DualShockers
  • High-Definition Graphics – Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition update to enhance the visibility on players’ quest to save the princess.
  • Widescreen Support, New Display Options – Both the original game’s display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3. A screen scroll feature in the widescreen mode adapts to players’ movements to show areas that otherwise aren’t fully visible.
  • Easy Mode Available From Start – Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven’t played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away.
  • Analog Stick Support – In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.
  • New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.

I remember playing #3 on PS2. it was too hard for me to finish at that time. Never played any others though.

Onimusha 2 is my favorite, but the whole trilogy is awesome. I dont understand, why Capcom dont release a HD remastered collection as they did with Devil May Cry.

Reactions: Last Lizard

Onimusha 2 is my favorite, but the whole trilogy is awesome. I dont understand, why Capcom dont release a HD remastered collection as they did with Devil May Cry.

Exactly I love part 2 as well. They seem to have created a 'legacy' scheme along the lines of RE.net or something for this, which suggests they will be releasing more remastered games. They should have just done a 1-4 collection and be done with it. I don't think they have faith in it selling enough - get the feeling this is them testing the waters for a new game and how much demand seems to be there.

Also few are talking about the fact the game will have a new soundtrack because the dude who composed the original - well turns out he didn't. For some rwason he faked being deaf for years and had alot of his work ghost written by someone else! :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
LOL! :hilarious:
1) It was one of the first games of that type i've played, and i think part of it is that i just didnt have the patience back then. I was into fighting and shooters. The only strategy game I played was Command & Conquer series. Yea I know, the me now would slap the old me for lack of patience.
2) Back then i didnt have money to buy games. I saved up to buy a PS2 and you can only replay ATV Offroad Fury 2 and Rachet & Clank so long until you get bored. So i modded the PS2 and...uh...borrowed my friends games to copy? I was just so happy i could play all the games in the world and so I wasnt really focusing on what games I got. Matter of fact, now I think back, I dont think I even realize that it said '3' next to Onimusha. I just read it as Onimusha: Demon Siege for some reason.

LOL! :hilarious:
1) It was one of the first games of that type i've played, and i think part of it is that i just didnt have the patience back then. I was into fighting and shooters. The only strategy game I played was Command & Conquer series. Yea I know, the me now would slap the old me for lack of patience.
2) Back then i didnt have money to buy games. I saved up to buy a PS2 and you can only replay ATV Offroad Fury 2 and Rachet & Clank so long until you get bored. So i modded the PS2 and...uh...borrowed my friends games to copy? I was just so happy i could play all the games in the world and so I wasnt really focusing on what games I got. Matter of fact, now I think back, I dont think I even realize that it said '3' next to Onimusha. I just read it as Onimusha: Demon Siege for some reason.

1)
giphy.gif

2) yeah, games were expensive and still are.
+ nice gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlienKing