Only Fools and Horses -The 80’s Specials (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) [UK]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: November 22, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £34.99

91NdRf07BdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91feuYVEZRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On Blu-ray for the first time – lovely jubbly! Includes collectors’ booklet, behind the scenes photo galleries, 5 exclusive double-sided art cards, plus both the original and writer’s cut versions of ‘A Royal Flush’ and a fully restored 4 minute scene in ‘The Jolly Boys’ Outing’.

Join Del, Rodders and the rest of the gang on a series of adventures. Uncle Albert takes to the seas once more in ‘To Hull and Back’, Del Boy makes a lasting impression when he joins a clay pigeon shoot in ‘A Royal Flush’, the highs and lows of romance are revealed in ‘Dates’, and ‘The Jolly Boys’ Outing’ to Margate sees the entire Peckham faithful get into all sorts of trouble.

Written and created by John Sullivan. Starring: David Jason, Nicholas Lyndhurst, Buster Merryfield, Tessa Peake-Jones, John Challis, Roger Lloyd Pack, Sue Holderness, Patrick Murray, Roy Heather, Paul Barber, Gwyneth Strong and Jim Broadbent.

Episodes:
- To Hull and Back (Originally Transmitted: 25/12/85)
- A Royal Flush (Originally Transmitted: 25/12/86)
- The Frog’s Legacy (Originally Transmitted: 25/12/87)
- Dates (Originally Transmitted: 25/12/88)
- The Jolly Boys’ Outing (Originally Transmitted: 25/12/89)

Bonus Features:
- A roller coaster of behind the scenes photo galleries and previously unseen footage.

I'm waiting for the reviews as unfortunately it's the same company that remastered Day of the Triffids and they filmised the resorted 16mm film footage downgrading the quality so I'm waiting for the reviews before i bite.

Reactions: Zagreus and karl01
No mention of remastering at all unless I'm missing it.

Do want it, but will wait.
In the Amazon link it says

These episodes have been restored and remastered using the existing film where available, with any standard definition content upscaled during this process.

I think i will wait also for reviews i reckon after Christmas it will be £25

These episodes have been restored and remastered using the existing film where available, with any standard definition content upscaled during this process.

Cheers, I somehow missed that!

Wise decision since Ark did the Day of the Triffids restoration and they made a right pig's ear of that one!

Reactions: karl01
Great to see these getting a blu-ray release. Will definitely pick it up at some point but agree with others and think ill wait as this will drop at some piont.

Great to see these getting a blu-ray release. Will definitely pick it up at some point but agree with others and think ill wait as this will drop at some piont.
It would be great if the companies the BBC give these releases to restore didn't keep screwing them up. Seriously how hard is to restore and get it right!

Reactions: Robles
It would be great if the companies the BBC give these releases to restore didn't keep screwing them up. Seriously how hard is to restore and get it right!
Tbh I've never actually picked anything up that the company doing these have released, Well I don't think I have haha.
Have they been that bad?

Tbh I've never actually picked anything up that the company doing these have released, Well I don't think I have haha.
Have they been that bad?
Yep and to make matters worse despite the serious complaints from fans the BBC back the company and keep allowing them to operate. The BBC really go out of their way to piss of fans these days.

Reactions: Robles
Yep and to make matters worse despite the serious complaints from fans the BBC back the company and keep allowing them to operate. The BBC really go out of their way to piss of fans these days.
If that's the case then i think ill wait and see what the reviews are saying before I jump into this one :D