IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Operation Mincemeat (2022)

Tagline: Deception. The greatest weapon in war.

Genre: War, History, Drama

Director: John Madden

Cast: Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen, Johnny Flynn, Kelly Macdonald, Penelope Wilton, Jason Isaacs, Mark Gatiss, Hattie Morahan, Paul Ritter, Tom Wilkinson, Simon Russell Beale, Lorne MacFadyen, Markus von Lingen

Release: 2022-04-01

Runtime: 128

Plot: In 1943, two British intelligence officers concoct Operation Mincemeat, wherein their plan to drop a corpse with false papers off the coast of Spain would fool Nazi spies into believing the Allied forces were planning to attack by way of Greece rather than Sicily.

Fairly engaging for a behind the scenes story, that could be told in 20 minutes. Movie is a bit dragged out at over 2 hours, but excellent actors make it interesting almost out of nothing.
Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen of Succession, and Kelly Macdonald, whom my subconscious has a thing for ever since and because of the original Trainspotting, that I watched at an impressionable age.
In the background there's always great Jason Isaacs, Johnny Flynn of the excellent recent The Outfit, playing that one Ian Fleming, and Winston Churchill is portrayed by the same actor, who played the mob boss in The Outfit.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database