Nov 26, 2017
Finland
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Oppenheimer (2023)

Genre: History, Drama, War

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Cillian Murphy

Release: 2023-07-21

Plot: The story of J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atomic bomb during World War II.

Went to see GOTG3 on Friday in a very old school theater.... asked my friend who runs it about the trailer and he made sure to screen it.

It was phenomenal. Combination of the first trailer and the IMAX exclusive one. Brilliant score!

Im sure it will be released online soon.

I actually hadn't realised half the cast were in this film until I saw the new trailer, had no idea Matt Damon and Emily Blunt were in it and forgot completely about RDJ as well

I actually hadn't realised half the cast were in this film until I saw the new trailer, had no idea Matt Damon and Emily Blunt were in it and forgot completely about RDJ as well
Yeah, that cast is really huge, dont think this is all of them, but at least it gives you the idea how stacked this film is:

Cast.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Noodles
At first when I heard he was going to do Oppenheimer I was quite hesitant, but the more marketing material Im seeing the more excited Im getting. He already went the true story route with Dunkirk and that was excellent so Im sure he will deliver again :thumbs:
Yeah I get the same vibe as Dunkirk (which I loved) with this too. Tenet was a real disappointment for me, so hopefully this is Nolan back on track!

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Wow, what a cast. This really looks great.

This along with Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning are easily my most anticipated movies remaining in 2023.

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
I gotta say, seeing the trailer I'm really surprised how bad his acting is in there. I hope that it won't be a big deal in the film.
I hate him in every movie, in Saving Private Ryan when he makes the ''funny story'' I didnt find it amusing whatsoever I always skip through that part,
In the Martian I cannot stand him eating constantly, he is always talking with his mouth full it is disgusting, guy didnt even bother losing weight to make it realistic he just plays himself in every movie he is in.
Good Will Hunting....cringe level especially when he cries like a b*tch during that awkward hugging scene.

Looks like I gotta be skipping through this upcoming movie when his dumb face pops up again
Overrated actor who plays himself in every movie

Cillian murphy is incredible I loved him since I saw him on Breakfast on Pluto
Now this is impressive! EEK!
ezgif-3-e101486d7d.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Vega
So apparently Tom Cruise is in a bit of a beef with Nolan over IMAX Screens...

Oppenheimer has a deal in place where it will be booked for ALL IMAX screens in theaters for 3 weeks upon release.
So that means that we'll only have 1 week to see MI: Dead Reckoning in IMAX.

Kind of sucks to be honest. I can't wait to see both... but I doubt Oppy will get that many repeat viewings, Where I could see myself going back to see MI:7 just for the IMAX experience.

The whole thing could have been avoided by not releasing them so close to each other.

Yep, the end of June/begining of July will be packed... Transformers, The Flash, Indy 5, Mission, Oppenheimer... I understand Cruise, I think they could have moved some of those films around to get more IMAX screenings as all of these are great for IMAX...

I believe Nolans three weeks exclusivity was a deal that he made with Universal when he left Warners and his openings were always at the end of July (except Interstellar and Tenet due to Covid) so I assume he wanted the same model he had back when he was still with WB.