Netclone

Premium Supporter
Sep 3, 2013
Canada
Release date: December 2016
Purchase link: OPPO
Price: $549

UDP-203.png

When you watch the video Jason does say end of this year as possible release..Exciting news as I'm a Oppo owner.:thumbs:

source: Audioholics

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the Panasonic as the Xbox one s wasn't really that good in my opinion but I may hold out for this.

It would be great to get 4K player that is region free for blu rays.

UK price is reported to be £599.00 with a release date of November..:thumbs: This is what I have been waiting for. :cigar: Reported to have the chip inside that will make it able to also play Dolby Vision encoded discs.

(This custom designed SoC (System on Chip) not only decodes all the main 4K formats like HEVC and VP9 but also supports wider colour gamuts up to Rec. 2020 and High Dynamic Range in form of HDR 10. However since this new chip has been custom built for Ultra HD Blu-ray, crucially it can also support Dolby Vision. Oppo hopes to add this new feature via a firmware update before the end of the year, although the time frame is dependent on certification from Dolby, which is outside Oppo’s control.) :hungry:

Oppo make superb machines with top class components. This will be my third player from them... Pre order in....:naughty::happy:

image.php.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Netclone and Sigill
UK price is reported to be £599.00 with a release date of November..:thumbs: This is what I have been waiting for. :cigar:

Oppo make superb machines with top class components. This will be my third player from them... Pre order in....:naughty::happy:

View attachment 266653
Thanks @earthscope. That price is probably a little bit less than I was expecting but it's still a bit rich for me. Check it out @Netclone!:)

Oppo were keen to stress that the new player has been built from the ground up as a dedicated Ultra HD Blu-ray player. The company said that previous UHD Blu-ray players had used TV decoder chips and computer optical drives in their design and construction. Oppo and Mediatek have invested millions of dollars in developing a dedicated Ultra HD decoder and the result of all this effort is the quad-core OP8591.

Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player Launch Event
@earthscope @Sigill

Acording to HDTVTest.... And I quote:

According to a reliable industry source, it is this Chroma Bug 2020 bug (as coined by Spears) that’s causing OPPO to temporarily hold back the release of its UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player while waiting for a firmware fix.

Guess this is why we are still waiting on the release of the machine...:watch: Which gives even more credit to Oppo waiting till it's 100% perfect before pushing it out to us eagerly waiting on this baby..;)

@Netclone ;)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Netclone
Acording to HDTVTest.... And I quote:

Guess this is why we are still waiting on the release of the machine...:watch: Which gives even more credit to Oppo waiting till it's 100% perfect before pushing it out to us eagerly waiting on this baby..;)

@Netclone ;)

I read about this yesterday ... I agree with Oppo! that's why my :drool: 83 still working today 100%:D :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: earthscope
Just got a call from my dealer and my new Oppo is arriving Friday....:OMG::wow::woot::drool::notworthy:

And DV has been confirmed with a firmware update in 2017...:sing: Great news for my 65" E6 OLED which has Dolby Vision and is purring like a kitten in anticipation....:notworthy::D

Supposed to be quite a few films released on 4K disc next year with Dolby Vision....:cigar:
Yippee!!!! :LOL:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

@Netclone is yours arriving soon buddy? :wow:
:watch::thumbs:

Last edited:
Just got a call from my dealer and my new Oppo is arriving Friday....:OMG::wow::woot::drool::notworthy:

And DV has been confirmed with a firmware update in 2017...:sing: Great news for my 65" E6 OLED which has Dolby Vision and is purring like a kitten in anticipation....:notworthy::D

Supposed to be quite a few films released on 4K disc next year with Dolby Vision....:cigar:
Yippee!!!! :LOL:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

@Netclone is yours arriving soon buddy? :wow:
:watch::thumbs:

My Christmas dreams will not happen..:ohno: Exchange rates, shipping, duties and tax was adding up way to much. :( I'll wait and see the price of my local dealer. .. Sometime in 2017 ..Feedback please about your new UDP- 203..:notworthy::thumbs:
Oppo UDP-203-1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: earthscope