Oscars 2019 - Biggest Snubs?

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
OSCARS 2019 - Biggest Snub
The Oscars will air LIVE SUNDAY FEBRUARY 24 8e|5p on ABC

What was this years BIGGEST SNUB (In any category)?
I feel like there were A LOT.

oscars19Snubs.jpg

Considering Marvels The Lion King aka Black Panther got some nom’s, why didn’t the far superior Avengers Infinity War?

Would have been great to see Avengers get some more love other then just the Visual Effects category.

I think my Biggest Snubs right now was Bradley Cooper (for Directing). Thought for sure he would be a lock. Huge Shock.

And also Best Documentary... 2 films I thought would get nominated were Won't You Be My Neighbor and Three Identical Strangers. Crazy to think they aren't in there.

I'll second Ethan Hawke for First Reformed, and add Toni Collette for Hereditary.

The praise for Black Panther continues to confound me. Up for best picture, and yet not director, actor, actress, supporting, cinematography, vfx... you'd think at least one of these would at least contribute to a best picture film... it's like despite not being any of those it's still worthy of the award? Nah.

Would have been great to see Avengers get some more love other then just the Visual Effects category.

I think my Biggest Snubs right now was Bradley Cooper (for Directing). Thought for sure he would be a lock. Huge Shock.

And also Best Documentary... 2 films I thought would get nominated were Won't You Be My Neighbor and Three Identical Strangers. Crazy to think they aren't in there.
Didn’t need realise IW got omen nom...still, that movies way better than BP in my opinion.

Agree with you on Bradley Cooper. He did a fantastic job with that movie. Both acting and directing,

Considering Marvels The Lion King aka Black Panther got some nom’s, why didn’t the far superior Avengers Infinity War?

One theory that I've seen mentioned is that for Infinity War to make any emotional impact or maybe even make sense, someone would have to had watched the other Marvel films. The academy are made up of some older people who won't have watched the other films and probably didn't bother with IW. Their screener of Black Panther probably also came with a note saying #oscarsowhite too. I didn't rate Black Panther but I'm not surprised or mad it's nominated.

One theory that I've seen mentioned is that for Infinity War to make any emotional impact or maybe even make sense, someone would have to had watched the other Marvel films. The academy are made up of some older people who won't have watched the other films and probably didn't bother with IW. Their screener of Black Panther probably also came with a note saying #oscarsowhite too. I didn't rate Black Panther but I'm not surprised or mad it's nominated.
A! not surprised either considering the impact in had(though it’s a tad too glorified for my liking but hey ho).

Disagree on IW not having impact on its own.
It’s a good vs bad, CBM where the good guys lost...PLUS Thanos looked phenomenal. Way better than Hulk ever has.

Being part of the MCU only elevated an already phenomenal story / movie.
Way better than BP for so many reasons.

Reactions: vexred
A! not surprised either considering the impact in had(though it’s a tad too glorified for my liking but hey ho).

Disagree on IW not having impact on its own.
It’s a good vs bad, CBM where the good guys lost...PLUS Thanos looked phenomenal. Way better than Hulk ever has.

Being part of the MCU only elevated an already phenomenal story / movie.
Way better than BP for so many reasons.

I agree it did have impact on it's own but if you watched the other Marvel films it adds to those moments. Thor watching Loki die, Starlord hearing Gamora died etc. Watching the other films adds weight to those scenes and the academy likely didn't watch them so it's lost on them.

make up , suspiria
score, suspiria .............. not saying it should win, but should at least be nominated.