Upcoming Outlander (Season 6) [Starz]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
outlander-53d50b177cc6b.jpg

Outlander - Starz
After serving as a British Army nurse in World War II, Claire Randall is enjoying a second honeymoon in Scotland with husband Frank, an MI6 officer looking forward to a new career as an Oxford historian. Suddenly, Claire is transported to 1743 and into a mysterious world where her freedom and life are threatened.

To survive, she marries Jamie Fraser, a strapping Scots warrior with a complicated past and a disarming sense of humor. A passionate relationship ensues, and Claire is caught between two vastly different men in two inharmonious lives. "Outlander" is adapted from the best-selling books by Diana Gabaldon.

Realized we didn't have a thread for this show!

Just finished season 1 with my wife (she wanted to watch it). Thought most of it was quite good and I'm looking forward to season 2!
Here is a Season 2 Teaser:

Absolutely fell in love with this show. The Highlands of Scotland never looked more beautiful. Just breathtaking scenery in nearly every shot. :notworthy::drool:

Being born in Stirling I am a little biased....:whistle::LOL: Got very homesick watching this.
Immaculate acting and the script writing was superb. Season 2 can't come quick enough for me. And set in France this time....:naughty:

Last edited:
Absolutely fell in love with this show. The Highlands of Scotland never looked more beautiful. Just breathtaking scenery in nearly every shot. :notworthy::drool:

Being born in Sterling I am a little biased....:whistle::LOL: Got very homesick watching this.
Immaculate acting and the script writing was superb. Season 2 can't come quick enough for me. And set in France this time....:naughty:

you were born in Stirling, where abouts? :)

you were born in Stirling, where abouts? :)
I was born in Stirling (Kings Park, where my mum and dad used to live) but my parents moved to Glasgow when I was a few months old. So I actually grew up in the suburb of Bearsden where my parents bought their house. Have a few distant cousins in Stirling but the majority of my family live in and around Glasgow.
Live in Paris now but I am a proud Scot at heart, that's for sure. :thumbs::)
Plan to move back home eventually. There's no place like home....

And no sassanachs (well not many anyway) ...:LOL::LOL:

Do you live in Scotland buddy?
Miss those square sausages....:hungry::naughty::hungry::joy:

Last edited:
I was born in Sterling (Kings Park, where my mum and dad used to live) but my parents moved to Glasgow when I was a few months old. So I actually grew up in the suburb of Bearsden where my parents bought their house. Have a few distant cousins in sterling but the majority of my family live in and around Glasgow.
Live in Paris now but I am a proud Scot at heart, that's for sure. :thumbs::)
Plan to move back home eventually. There's no place like home....

And no sassanachs (well not many anyway) ...:LOL::LOL:

Do you live in Scotland buddy?
Miss those square sausages....:hungry::naughty::hungry::joy:

I am a girl and yes I live in Scotland :)

Yes Stirling (it's spelt with an 'I' and not 'E')
is a lovely place been there many times shopping and the castle is beautiful.

I do love a square sausage, what else you miss about Scotland?

I am a girl and yes I live in Scotland :)

Yes Stirling (it's spelt with an 'I' and not 'E')
is a lovely place been there many times shopping and the castle is beautiful.

I do love a square sausage, what else you miss about Scotland?

Ooops!!!!
How embarrassing...:confused:
I guess speaking and writing in french all this time has affected my English grammar....:whistle::rolleyes:

I do apologise Miss Flash....:sorry: I shouldn't always assume it's mostly guys on here...:censored: :(

And to answer your question...

Not the weather that's for sure...:LOL:
I don't miss much, but spending holiday weekends in Inverness at my grandparents house was always great with long walks and my dogs running wild, comes to mind.
Oh, the soft water 110%......;)
Not great for your teeth but great for your skin...

And Outlander really did capture the beauty of the soaring vistas and trickling burns through the Scottish glens. :thumbs: Beautifully shot and actually it was my wife who bought the show on blu ray at christmas and got me hooked. Great to have something you both enjoy watching at the same time.

Looking forward to Season 2...

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Ooops!!!!
How embarrassing...:confused:
I guess speaking and writing in french all this time has affected my English grammar....:whistle::rolleyes:

I do apologise Miss Flash....:sorry: I shouldn't always assume it's mostly guys on here...:censored: :(

And to answer your question...

Not the weather that's for sure...:LOL:
I don't miss much, but spending holiday weekends in Inverness at my grandparents house was always great with long walks and my dogs running wild, comes to mind.
Oh, the soft water 110%......;)
Not great for your teeth but great for your skin...

And Outlander really did capture the beauty of the soaring vistas and trickling burns through the Scottish glens. :thumbs: Beautifully shot and actually it was my wife who bought the show on blu ray at christmas and got me hooked. Great to have something you both enjoy watching at the same time.

Looking forward to Season 2...

Yes it's funny how many people do assume it's all guys on here, lol

Yes it's amazing how someone who is not Scottish could capture it in writing and then on the series so beautifully.

Have you watched the bonus features/extras they are really good :)

Good acting but I though the plot to be very slow moving...

Totally disagree it flows beautifully I can't believe it's still so long till new series

It is slower moving then a lot of shows but I think it works for what this is. Its not Game of Thrones. This is more in the "Romance" category.
But really looking forward to season two.

Reactions: earthscope
Just heard this is back in the US on the 9th and on Amazon in the UK on the 10th, feels like forever since the first season :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: earthscope
Second season first episode was slightly odd a bit all over the place sadly but I am sure it will pick up

Second season first episode was slightly odd a bit all over the place sadly but I am sure it will pick up

I actually quite liked the first episode.
As someone who hasn't read the books the first half was a bit of a shocker to me (and I enjoyed that).

I actually quite liked the first episode.
As someone who hasn't read the books the first half was a bit of a shocker to me (and I enjoyed that).

I haven't read the books either. I mean I love the series and I am sure it will flow better but it was a bit she's here she's there, she jumped super quick back with Frank lol

Thought the finale was fantastic! Can't wait until next season!
(...although I found Brianna's acting wasn't really up to par with the series' cast... wish they had got someone else for the role.)

Thought the finale was fantastic! Can't wait until next season!
(...although I found Brianna's acting wasn't really up to par with the series' cast... wish they had got someone else for the role.)

Yes it was very good but I totally agree I thought she was very weak. The episode jumped around a lot and was a little confusing the more I watch it the more I think they assume people have read the books. I haven't and having seen this interpretation I don't really want to read this and change all that but it's going to be sooooo long until next season