Release date: March 11, 2019
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV
Price : £29.99

12017845-1664645023603462.jpg
01-526503.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Never been a fan of film titles partially obscuring artwork - as on the RED SPARROW steelbook for example - and feel that this pair of poster designs would make for a thoroughly decent steelbook - if in white with the interesting blood splatter parachutes embossed and glossed with the other white 'n' red poster on the back ... maybe even the other way around:-
1544187102532.png
+
1544187183913.png
(
1544183263622.png
)

As for undead Nazis - can't imagine any horror fan not liking both of the DEAD SNOW films or even IRON SKY and to a lesser extent other examples of the genre ... the idea of undead Nazis in film of course hardly an original one with one of the more interesting examples being from about forty years ago - the enjoyably low/no budget SHOCKWAVES (1977) - w/ our own dear Peter Cushing adding a bit of class to the proceedings.

Undead Nazis also having a certain 'real' as well as cinematic life ... with conspiracy theorist still believing that Hitler didn't commit suicide in the bunker and was not doused in petrol and burnt to a crisp on the ground outside ... evidence to the contrary is conveniently ignored or dismissed - as in his jawbone found at the location certified as his by dental records.
Of course, he could be the most famous undead Nazi that escaped to Latin America to live out his twilight years but he'd have been missing his jawbone which I suppose being undead isn't such a big deal.

Reactions: robbodoc
Never been a fan of film titles partially obscuring artwork - as on the RED SPARROW steelbook for example - and feel that this pair of poster designs would make for a thoroughly decent steelbook - if in white with the interesting blood splatter parachutes embossed and glossed with the other white 'n' red poster on the back ... maybe even the other way around:-
View attachment 405428 +View attachment 405429 ( View attachment 405425)

As for undead Nazis - can't imagine any horror fan not liking both of the DEAD SNOW films or even IRON SKY and to a lesser extent other examples of the genre ... the idea of undead Nazis in film of course hardly an original one with one of the more interesting examples being from about forty years ago - the enjoyably low/no budget SHOCKWAVES (1977) - w/ our own dear Peter Cushing adding a bit of class to the proceedings.

Undead Nazis also having a certain 'real' as well as cinematic life ... with conspiracy theorist still believing that Hitler didn't commit suicide in the bunker and was not doused in petrol and burnt to a crisp on the ground outside ... evidence to the contrary is conveniently ignored or dismissed - as in his jawbone found at the location certified as his by dental records.
Of course, he could be the most famous undead Nazi that escaped to Latin America to live out his twilight years but he'd have been missing his jawbone which I suppose being undead isn't such a big deal.

Eh ... ? :coffee:

I'm very interested in the film, but I'm not paying £30. Why is it so hard just to give us a standard option at £25 as well as 4K @ £30 for those that want it?

<Waits for someone to tell me to sell the 4K disc>

some one is telling you to get 4K gear.

:naughty::rofl:

I'm very interested in the film, but I'm not paying £30. Why is it so hard just to give us a standard option at £25 as well as 4K @ £30 for those that want it?

4K=biggest scam since Al Gore’s carbon credits.

A lot of HMV 4K Steelbooks end up having price lowered to £19.99 and some even lower than that a few weeks/months after release date

I will wait for a price drop if I'm getting this from HMV

I will be getting FAC release but I might order from HMV as well if FAC release date is delayed :LOL:

I wouldn't pay £25 for a standard blu ray steelbook, that's as much of a rip-off as £30 for 4K.

IMO standard steelbooks should be no more than £20, with 4K steelbooks no more than £25.

Reactions: yardman
Yeah I dont want to spend that much on a standard WWA steel.
Premium editions will always come later and 4k premium releases are pricey like Deadpool 2 FAC cost me £60!

It’s usual new format rip off, they did the same with 3D, BD, DVD and probably back in the 80,s VHS.

Not for this long though, and it wasn't that long ago that you got 3D and 4K for £30; so using this new format excuse doesn't wash with me.

It’s usual new format rip off, they did the same with 3D, BD, DVD and probably back in the 80,s VHS.

Yes, looks like prices are creeping up not just with the now commonplace £29.99 prices for newly released 4K/2D steelbooks at HMV but also with £18/19 for regular catalogue 1-disc releases (the two upcoming Studio Ghibli steelbooks from Amazon and UNBREAKABLE as examples) and £23 for new releases such as THREE BILLBOARDS and ISLE OF DOGS.

Never bought VHS tapes back in the day preferring to buy blank 4 hour blank S-VHS tapes to record films off the TV but I believe when they first came out in the late '70s they were really expensive (over £60 each) and it took a few years for prices to come down to under £20.
Never bought DVDs either so don't know how they were originally priced but I do know that some of the first Blu-rays I bought in 2006 cost me up to £29.99 each.

Not for this long though, and it wasn't that long ago that you got 3D and 4K for £30; so using this new format excuse doesn't wash with me.
Yes definitely that, considering BD has still failed to replace DVD and 4K production is much smaller it is no surprise that the prices are still high. It costs more to produce less after all.
4K is the biggest cash grab that has ever flooded the market especially with 8K TV’s already available, I just wish I didn’t have to buy SB’s with the discs in them.

Reactions: JayWhit