Pacific Rim [Legendary Comics]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Feel free to discuss the Pacific Rim comic book adaptations -- past, present and future -- in this thread. Enjoy!

------------------------------------

prDELTORO.jpg

I bought this the other day and read it before the film came out in theatres. I really, really enjoyed it. It opened the world of Pacific Rim up to me even more-so and it was intriguing to learn more about how the Jaeger/Kaiju war began in the first place. It was written by the film's co-screenwriter Travis Beacham and I definitely recommend fans of the film to check it out!

ORDER: Amazon.com

Attachments

• 9780785153948_180X180.jpg
    9780785153948_180X180.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by a moderator:
PacificRimPrequel-cover.jpg
Source: ScreenRant
An all-new creative team has been brought in for the Aftermath comic book series, with Cavan Scott on writing duties and Rich Elson tackling the art. Their series has been described as “a gritty action adventure that explores a new criminal underworld born in an age of monsters and mechs”. A full synopsis and the first cover have also been unveiled:

“Santa Monica, 2034. In a city that was once the jewel of the West Coast, a new world has emerged: one rising up from the ashes of giant robots and giant monsters. In this futuristic aftermath, we will meet a new generation of survivors, including Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, who is searching for answers behind the death of his Legendary father; Griffin, a Jaeger pilot who has gone from defending the world to piloting an illegal Jaeger enforcer for a mob boss; and the Mech Czar, a techno-criminal overlord who rules the underworld with a steel fist. Set against a neo-noir backdrop of street gangs, Kaiju worshipers, and Jaeger Scrapyards, a mysterious but familiar figure arrives with a dangerous agenda…”

Still need to pick all these Pacific Rim comics up(likely be a collected GN by now)

Wasn’t there a new tie in for the new movie? Or was aftermath it? The epilogue sort of thing?