May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: June 19, 2018
Purchase link: Target
Price: $22.99

53520785_Alt01.jpg

53520785.jpg

Last edited:
Whoa, a rare Target SteelBook release! Great find @Drum18!
Yeah for real, guess they bid higher with the studio.

Makes you wonder if its a sign to come ( guess I should ask. :p) or if it has to do with a tie in to the fact they likely have Pac Rim merch and stuff to cross sell. Havent been into the Target stores in a while to check Toy section. Seems like a good title for foot traffic tho.

View attachment 367344
:D

Bring them on! :woot: Not making the same mistake I did with the 1st PR film, waited too long to collect those goodies. Got pricey! :banghead: @Drum18 Thanks for the tag Amigo! Get in here Kenzilla (@tridon)! :cool:

I'm keeping an eye on the releases, bud, but I'm definitely not going crazy for this film like I did with the first Pacific Rim. Hopefully we get some cool Kaiju packaging, though! I'll definitely have to get the 3D and 4K discs from somewhere. :thumbs:

That's a nice steelbook but movie wasnt steelbook worthy. If Sunrise picks this up in Canada i'll support them, otherwise pass.

Yeah for real, guess they bid higher with the studio.

Makes you wonder if its a sign to come ( guess I should ask. :p) or if it has to do with a tie in to the fact they likely have Pac Rim merch and stuff to cross sell. Haven’t been into the Target stores in a while to check Toy section. Seems like a good title for foot traffic tho.
Spoke with Best Buy management and they told me that they are going to get out of the business of selling movies. Having had troubles with getting my steels, I asked to speak with someone. Said they were not going to sell in stores anymore only online for shipping. The 3 here in my city will not let you go into a store to order one anymore. They say “go home and order it online.” But when there site has not update your credit card info and you try 5 times, it is pretty frustrating to dealing with them. They said that they really “have no interest in selling movies anymore.” livearthpeace

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
Spoke with Best Buy management and they told me that they are going to get out of the business of selling movies. Having had troubles with getting my steels, I asked to speak with someone. Said they were not going to sell in stores anymore only online for shipping. The 3 here in my city will not let you go into a store to order one anymore. They say “go home and order it online.” But when there site has not update your credit card info and you try 5 times, it is pretty frustrating to dealing with them. They said that they really “have no interest in selling movies anymore.” livearthpeace

this is really just some blowhard manager talking out his ass. Corporate knows that while there may be smaller margin on movies, it brings in foot traffic when you have an exclusive. Even the really cheap ones are more seen as loss leaders. At Corporate they can run reports on a sku and see what the gross sales of the receipt was. (ie. the person bought that movie and a fridge, dryer, phone, camera, etc.)

So while the simple minded may say they dont care about movies, the grander look is that they do given the impact of other sales that take place.

Now granted, that's not to say that in years time they dont go the same way as their CDs, but movies have been very good about special packaging keeping fans interests where CDs have not been. Vinyl took over in that regard.