Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Pacific Rim 2 (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven S. DeKnight [/DIRECTOR]

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Charlie Day and more...

Plot: Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat. [/MOVIE1]
[POSTER1]
mFJJZaoKhzXDR46MpVdD5Lc8GSA.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

“Pacific Rim 2” Script In The Works, Says Guillermo del Toro! :thumbs:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/guillermo-del-toro-says-pacific-rim-2-script-is-in-the-works

Director Guillermo del Toro is currently working on a script for a sequel to his 2013 international hit Pacific Rim.

While promoting his new FX series The Strain at the Austin Television Festival, del Toro told BuzzFeed that he and screenwriter Zak Penn (X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk) have started work on a screenplay for Pacific Rim 2.

“I’m working very, very hard with Zak Penn,” he told BuzzFeed. “We’ve been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox’s Hieroglyph] was involved in the storyline and now I’m writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul.”
While the filmmaker stressed that Legendary Pictures has not formally agreed to put the script into production, he said that he and Penn are working on it as if it will be made one day.

“I don’t have the money, but I’m proceeding like it is happening,” he said with a laugh, adding that he hopes to tackle the sequel after producing his next project.
Del Toro also revealed that the script, as it stands now, includes the characters Raleigh Becket (Charlie Hunnam) and Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi) — and the story will follow the events of the first movie.

“Some people were wondering if we were going to do the prequel. I was never interested in doing that first wave of invasion,” del Toro said. “I’m going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one — but you will get really great spectacle.”

While Pacific Rim was a very modest hit in the U.S., grossing $101.8 million domestically, it was a sensation overseas, pulling in $309.2 million internationally (including $111.9 million in China alone). Legendary Pictures Chief Thomas Tull recently told the website I Am Rogue that his production company would only make Pacific Rim 2 “if we can crack the story [and] we all think it’s great,” and if del Toro is on board to direct it.

A rep for Legendary did not immediately have comment for this story.

:movie:

Pacific Rim 2

Finally! 2017 can't come soon enough!:oohyeah:

Legendary Pictures just confirmed it :D :scat: :LOL:

Guillermo del Toro returns to direct Legendary Pictures’ PACIFIC RIM 2, the next chapter of the epic action-adventure he created with 2013’s hit original film. Zak Penn will write the script with del Toro. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni once again produce alongside del Toro, Mary Parent and Callum Greene. Jillian Share will executive produce. Universal Pictures will release the film worldwide in 3D and IMAX 3D.

Source

It's far... BUT... at least we'll have #2!!!! :oohyeah:
Truly enjoyed #1 so this is an EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

Anyway, 2015 & 2016 are already jammed packed with incredibles movies... so... :thumbs:

Reactions: Scary Hair
SEEMS a long way off :(.

The way time is going so fast 6 months and its CHRISTMAS WEEK! and a few days off New Year 2015 :ohno:.

I'd Mr Del Toro and co GET IT RIGHT and prove the haters WRONG by showing what an incredible fan base this movie has . One of the few with Heart and soul.

Casting and story I will be down to biting my elbows as my nails have already gone :hilarious:.

Animated series too :emb:oh yeah::movie::drool:.

Reactions: tridon
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database