Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

At least the logo sticks to the original film.

Also, Charlie Day has officially revealed that he will be returning as Newt... though he said this film is very much about the new characters and that he's just there to be a thread between the original and the sequel.

That's great news! :thumbs: Glad the logo hasn't been drastically changed ;) Still waiting on news about Max! :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon I'm right there with you. Reading about all these changes is leaving me meh. Not that I mind the change in general but in this particular instance for this particular movie, it's leaving a lot to be desired.

• Thanks
@tridon I'm right there with you. Reading about all these changes is leaving me meh. Not that I mind the change in general but in this particular instance for this particular movie, it's leaving a lot to be desired.

Yeah, I'm more skeptical than excited at this point and that's not a good sign. Legendary should've just made a new giant robot flick instead of a sequel if the plan was to scrap most of what made the first film so special to its fans. Not sure what they're trying to do here with a new younger cast and streamlined, sleek-looking bots. It's catering to a completely different demographic than the original's. Hopefully the new Kaiju still have that del Toro feel to them.

• Thanks
Reactions: IRON MAN
Yeah, I'm more skeptical than excited at this point and that's not a good sign. Legendary should've just made a new giant robot flick instead of a sequel if the plan was to scrap most of what made the first film so special to its fans. Not sure what they're trying to do here with a new younger cast and streamlined, sleek-looking bots. It's catering to a completely different demographic than the original's. Hopefully the new Kaiju still have that del Toro feel to them.

Hear, hear.

• Thanks
NECA has passed on creating figures for Pacific Rim: Uprising. Instead, the winning bid went to Bandai and their S.H. MonsterArts line. That means some good-looking, super-articulated figures. That also means a Jaeger/Kaiju figure will cost you about $50-$100 more now than a NECA one.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
NECA has passed on creating figures for Pacific Rim: Uprising. Instead, the winning bid went to Bandai and their S.H. MonsterArts line. That means some good-looking, super-articulated figures. That also means a Jaeger/Kaiju figure will cost you about $50-$100 more now than a NECA one.
Bittersweet news... :meh:

• Thanks
New Gipsy Avenger Jaeger Design Revealed
Source: Screenrant.com
Pacific Rim: Uprising will feature a new generation of jaegers, including Gipsy Avenger – for which detailed designs have surfaced online.
C-l38QUXYAAJBft.jpg C-lNUnfXgAArfOb.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
That Teaser does nothing for me.

Finding it really hard to get hyped for this film.

I'll give it to John Boyega... he sounded a lot like Idris Elba's Stacker Pentecost there, so maybe he'll play the character's son well. That said, what the hell is with that music?! And the Jaegers jumping around? I feel like I just watched a teaser for a new Power Rangers film. That did NOT feel like Pacific Rim at all. :(

@bloodsnake007 Thoughts?

We for sure are missing GDT's touch on this. :(

That Teaser does nothing for me.

Finding it really hard to get hyped for this film.

I'll give it to John Boyega... he sounded a lot like Idris Elba's Stacker Pentecost there, so maybe he'll play the character's son well. That said, what the hell is with that music?! And the Jaegers jumping around? I feel like I just watched a teaser for a new Power Rangers film. That did NOT feel like Pacific Rim at all. :(

@bloodsnake007 Thoughts?

I'm glad I'm not the only one a bit underwhelmed by the teaser

“It’s been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes. When the Kaiju threat returns, we will be ready.”

GIPSY AVENGER – Gipsy Avenger honors the heroic legacy of her namesake as the flagship leader of the Mark VI fleet. More than just a Jaeger, she is a symbol of hope to millions.

ga.jpg

BRACER PHOENIX – A Mark V brute that can still run with the VI’s, Bracer Phoenix shoots from the chest, with a centrifugal vortex cannon that is as spectacular as it is deadly.

bp1.jpg

SABER ATHENA – The sleekest and most elegant Jaeger ever created, Saber Athena is the fastest in the fleet, wielding twin blades in hyper-acrobatic combat.

pr2_01_1-59_blueprint2160px.jpg

TITAN REDEEMER – Built for brute force and armed with a seismic morningstar, Titan Redeemer is the walking wrecking ball of the new fleet.

pr2_01_1-81_blueprint2160px.jpg

GUARDIAN BRAVO – Designed for combat at range, Guardian Bravo wields the Elec-16 Arc Whip: a proto-metallic successor to the chainsword, and brings a new sophistication to the chainsword’s whiplash move.

pr2_01_1-92_blueprint2160px.jpg

@bloodsnake007 Thoughts?
Thanks for the tag @tridon :thumbs:

Thoughts? Not really sure what to make of this... :confused: I honestly thought I was watching a promo/commercial for an upcoming Fighting Robot VR game :dunno: But I'm still hopeful ;) I liked the sound of John Boyega, hopefully he lives up to his fathers name! :cool: I know this teaser was put together for Comic-Con, but I'll reserve any kind of judgement until we receive an actual 1st trailer, that'll better gives a true look and feel of what the film will/might be! :thumbs:

So bring it on!!! :woot:

• Thanks