Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

So basically this film is about a bunch rich kids from Instagram with robots who have a grudge match destroying cities in their path because their dad didn't buy them a Ferrari for their sweet 16 until the kaju decide to turn up and become a threat? Then they have to use their expensive Christmas presents properly. No thanks

That's what I got from the trailer anyway

Completely agree with most the comments, this has a more transformers meets power rangers feel, the 15 year old girl hacker makes it sound like a kids film, why does Boyega need a tash just because his dad had one, hope it's not just constant jaeger vs jaeger.
Some of the shots like when the 4 jaegers get ready in their action poses at the end seems really cheesey but then other shots look GDT esque (scene in the snow).
I really think this will be a car crash.
Don't get me wrong the first isn't perfect, all cast in the original either over act or are terrible with accents except Charlie day and mako but it's entertaining when the action kicks off

Think this is the first time I've heard Boyega have an actual English accent since attack the block! Well that was rude boi English tbh

Hmm, yeah... not feeling this one unfortunately. GDT's was original and exciting, whereas this just looks like a Transformers/Power Rangers rip-off. All those teenyboppers makes me think they're hoping to make this the next big thing and start a franchise out of it or something... no thanks! :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
So I've watched this trailer approximately a dozen or so times now and this is what I've come to...

While yes, it does look more Transformers/Power Rangers than Pacific Rim, it still looks kinda fun, so I'm going to watch it. When I watched the trailer for the first PR, I was immediately smiling. For this trailer, it took me about 5 or so watches before I started smiling. The little bit of the PR theme at the beginning of the trailer made me grin, but as soon as it cut to that crappy hip hop song with all the teenyboppers running around, my grin faded.

Now I've just come to realize that this was never going to be the sequel to PR that any fan would want, so I'm going to take it for what it is -- a soft reboot aimed more towards kids than adults like the first film. Mako Mori being all business-like kinda annoys me, and the toned down Newton and Herman is not really what I wanted... but at least they're all there.

The scenes in the sunlight look bad. There's a reason why GDT shot his film in the dark... in the rain.

But yeah, I'm finally smiling while watching the trailer. It's not what I wanted from my PR sequel, but if this succeeds and makes more bank than the first film, maybe we'll get a third film... and maybe that can bring back Raleigh Becket and Hannibal Chau (I want him to find his shoe).

I'm willing to give Uprising a shot, but please, Legendary... get rid of that crap music and bring back Ramin Djawadi and Tom Morello instead.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18 and kaw
Gipsy Avenger in the New Japanese Poster for Pacific Rim Uprising! :photo:

pacificrim2-japanposter.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
So I've watched this trailer approximately a dozen or so times now and this is what I've come to...

While yes, it does look more Transformers/Power Rangers than Pacific Rim, it still looks kinda fun, so I'm going to watch it. When I watched the trailer for the first PR, I was immediately smiling. For this trailer, it took me about 5 or so watches before I started smiling. The little bit of the PR theme at the beginning of the trailer made me grin, but as soon as it cut to that crappy hip hop song with all the teenyboppers running around, my grin faded.

Now I've just come to realize that this was never going to be the sequel to PR that any fan would want, so I'm going to take it for what it is -- a soft reboot aimed more towards kids than adults like the first film. Mako Mori being all business-like kinda annoys me, and the toned down Newton and Herman is not really what I wanted... but at least they're all there.

The scenes in the sunlight look bad. There's a reason why GDT shot his film in the dark... in the rain.

But yeah, I'm finally smiling while watching the trailer. It's not what I wanted from my PR sequel, but if this succeeds and makes more bank than the first film, maybe we'll get a third film... and maybe that can bring back Raleigh Becket and Hannibal Chau (I want him to find his shoe).

I'm willing to give Uprising a shot, but please, Legendary... get rid of that crap music and bring back Ramin Djawadi and Tom Morello instead.

There is a whole Movie waiting about finding his shoe

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon