Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

I loved the first one. I'm a bit concerned about this one as the trailers haven't sucked me in yet, but I am still going to see it.

I don't care if this movie is aimed at the teeny-bopper brigade.

Giant robots? Check.
Giant monsters? Check.
Giant robots vs. giant monsters? Check.
Giant robots vs. giant robots? Check.

Count me in!

I don't care if this movie is aimed at the teeny-bopper brigade.

Giant robots? Check.
Giant monsters? Check.
Giant robots vs. giant monsters? Check.
Giant robots vs. giant robots? Check.

Count me in!

I have never understood the hate that the original movie inspires in people. It's giant Robots fighting Giant dinosaurs!
HELL YEAH! :woot: :notworthy: :cool:

I loved the first movie. I just hope it still has the same kicking monsters a@# feel to it. Its obvious that the director is making it look and feel very different from the first one. It's making me a bit unsure about it. It sucks that Ramin Djwaldi isnt doing the score for this one so it most likely won't have the same theme to it. That's a bummer.

• Thanks
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I have my doubts for this sequel. (n)

Agree. I feel like I was more excited the less I knew about the sequel- the more I see of it- the more deflated I get.
I think that the charm that the first one had was given to it by GDT and his specific vision for the world- the aesthetic- and how things function.

Every time I see the Jaeger's in Uprising, it just looks too bright, too sleek, and it feels like nothing has the tangible weight that Gypsy Danger had that made it FEEL REAL.
Now it all just kind of looks like a Video Game. Not gonna lie- if I like this film I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: denizen
New Banners :photo:

banner1.jpg
banner2.jpg
banner3.jpg
banner4.jpg
banner5.jpg

Agree. I feel like I was more excited the less I knew about the sequel- the more I see of it- the more deflated I get.
I think that the charm that the first one had was given to it by GDT and his specific vision for the world- the aesthetic- and how things function.

Every time I see the Jaeger's in Uprising, it just looks too bright, too sleek, and it feels like nothing has the tangible weight that Gypsy Danger had that made it FEEL REAL.
Now it all just kind of looks like a Video Game. Not gonna lie- if I like this film I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

That's how I feel. Everything is to sleek and smooth where as the first movie everything has been used for a long period of time so there were marks and dings all over it. The harshness of it made it look like it actually weighed something. The new ones almost look like they are shiny new toys.

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187