Panasonic shows world's first UltraHD '4K' Blu-ray player

Very nice to finally see one being released. Being that the release date in Japan is so late into the year, I'm pretty sceptical about the claims made early this year that we would be able to buy UltraHD Blu-Ray's and Players before the end of the year.

$3000? What the F$#%? I'm wondering it will EVER come down to couple of hundreds of dollars. UHD is gonna be one expensive setup!
And what about 3D? Are they gonna sell that separately at even higher priced UHD players or is it gonna be included?

Very nice to finally see one being released. Being that the release date in Japan is so late into the year, I'm pretty sceptical about the claims made early this year that we would be able to buy UltraHD Blu-Ray's and Players before the end of the year.
I think I read a post here about the UHD discs seeing home release summer 2K16.
And how much $$ are you willing put down on these Bluray players?

Reactions: luke98
$3000? What the F$#%? I'm wondering it will EVER come down to couple of hundreds of dollars. UHD is gonna be one expensive setup!
And what about 3D? Are they gonna sell that separately at even higher priced UHD players or is it gonna be included?

I think I read a post here about the UHD discs seeing home release summer 2K16.
And how much $$ are you willing put down on these Bluray players?
$3000 :rofl: luckily i have a kidney laying around :coffee: think i'll upgrade my player , only if Blu-ray's were stopped :p :hilarious::sorry:

Reactions: AlienKing
I do worry for the future of physical media in general, standard blu ray/3D blu-ray is quite suitable for most, but hasn't been the overwhelming success it really should be, and throwing in this UHD 4K player is a brave move, and somebody has to do it, I just don't think at the prices quoted it's going to be successful. How much will the 4K Blurays cost ?

How long have we all been waiting for OLED TV's ?, they are only just being manufactured, but in limited numbers and most are those utterly ridiculous curved screens, Oh, and they are still too expensive.

I Still own a Panasonic V10 42" plasma, and it's still outperforming LCD's today, stuff LED as well, they suck balls.