Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: July 28, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €67.99 - €59.99
Note: 4 Blu-rays + 1 DVD + Soundtrack

32837453_10155741790638020_4279721265905795072_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the weird bit. Before the film starts the Criterion logo comes up........ So it must the exact same pressing that Criterion done only region B. To me it's the Criterion version with every extra you would want.
What's the weird thing about that? Capelight licensed the Criterion master as they communicated they did. :thumbs: And yes, this is the ultimate edition when it comes to the extras and features. :hungry:

Reactions: Nimble Jim
Received mine today and it truly is a very classy looking edition. I love that it matches the Oldboy set in size and hope Capelight plan to do more of them!

The German language does not use the apostrophe to imply the possessive case but rather to indicate when there is a part left out of a word (e.g. the combination of two words into one as used when not writing/speaking formally). For the possessive case, it is sufficient to just add the 's' after a name/location. The term "Pans Labyrinth" is therefore correct. :thumbs:
Oh i see. So there you have it @C.C. 95

Thanks. I 'm not tryna turn this into a German introductory course, but how does plurals work?

Reactions: C.C. 95
Thanks. I 'm not tryna turn this into a German introductory course, but how does plurals work?
This!!!^^^^^
How do you differentiate plural from possessive ?!
(My roommate in college was a linguistics major - so I have this stuff in my DNA now!:rofl:)
The German plural is not very often an "s" added to a word (rather few times this is actually the case), so that helps. ;) For example, while it would be "house" and "houses" in English, in German it would read "Haus" and "Häuser". Or for "tree - trees", it's "Baum - Bäume". In cases where there's indeed a "s" used for a plural (e.g. "Autos" for "cars"), common sense dictates the understanding in so far that another noun has to follow for a possessive case to exist which cannot be the case for plural use. (However, a plural can follow a possessive case.) See: "The car's color(s)" translates to "Die Farbe( n) des Autos" with the latter being a formal example of the grammatic case called "Genitiv", implying possessive attributes. Easy.:writing::D

The German plural is not very often an "s" added to a word (rather few times this is actually the case), so that helps. ;) For example, while it would be "house" and "houses" in English, in German it would read "Haus" and "Häuser". Or for "tree - trees", it's "Baum - Bäume". In cases where there's indeed a "s" used for a plural (e.g. "Autos" for "cars"), common sense dictates the understanding in so far that another noun has to follow for a possessive case to exist which cannot be the case for plural use. (However, a plural can follow a possessive case.) See: "The car's color(s)" translates to "Die Farbe( n) des Autos" with the latter being a formal example of the grammatic case called "Genitiv", implying possessive attributes. Easy.:writing::D
:thumbs:
89878113-28B8-43F7-81F9-27D3E2956B5A.gif
:D

The only annoying thing about the set is that i have loads of various protective sleeves from steelbook central that fit most box sets. Sadly this is not one of them. Any suggestions anyone?

Oh. Yea sure, easy.....if you grew learnt the language :LOL:

Oh. Yea sure, easy.....if you grew learnt the language

If it's any consolation at school I was dire at other languages. As soon as I went into French or Latin class and had to switch from English my brain automatically waved the white flag of surrender and I always hated those classes.

It's such a shame Amazon.de are so hopeless in the packing department mine arrived sent to Australia with wrap around box with no protection and box was ripped open at one side which could easy have fallen out but probably had slide about, it's got a few dings and a bent in corner.
I'm sort of glad in a way don't send to Australia anymore and lets me try out other retailers who take care to pack well, Amazon for me from various places has let me down too many times, and it's not as if I can get it replaced as then no longer send here.

I have ordered this as the disc extras are worth the purchase alone

I already have UK Zavvi and USA Mondo steelbooks to watch the film with english subs so the German Blu-ray not having english subs not an issue with me

The extras are mostly in english language and what interests me most

The Creature Designers: The Frankenstein Complex" documentary on Blu-ray with Bonus disc also Blu-ray is what interest me the most about this release

The French release of Creature Designers: The Frankenstein Complex" documentary is Blu-ray and DVD
UK release of The Frankenstein Complex was a DVD

If any of you who purchased this release and not yet watched
Creature Designers: The Frankenstein Complex Documentary (Disc 4 Blu-ray)
This Documentary alone has 4 hours of video extras and 3 hours of audio extras (Disc 5 Blu-ray)

This is a brilliant Documentary

Last edited: